Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Cards looking "faded" or "greyish" in deckbuilder/matches

Hey guys,

Just did a reinstall of XP on my laptop that was running Ubuntu previously. I downloaded the SE installer v. 2.9051, and everything works fine except my cards look sort of washed out. It's not the normal greyed-out-because-you-can't-use-it, either. It's only the cards as well, because the map, portraits, menus and Loest's tutorial stuff all look the appropriate brightness/color quality.

The weird thing is, I installed Ubuntu on another partition, and running SE through WINE, everything looks normal so I can rule out a bum display. I checked my drivers for the on-board video, that looks OK. Everything else that I've done so far has the proper "look" to it; it's only SE that's giving me problems. Also, my desktop runs the updated version fine without the funky appearance.

I tried the web client, and those cards are all faded as well. Is this just a hitch in this version? Or did I screw something up? I mean, I don't mind booting into Ubuntu, but I went back to XP for how much of my stuff just works with it instead of using workarounds like WINE. In addition to SE, I play Tekken Card Tournament which requires Unity (so Linux is a no-go), and Hearthstone (which works via PlayOnLinux) but again, workarounds are starting to get to me and I just want things to function.

Thanks for the help/suggestions.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think it may help if you post some pic here?
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sorry for the delay in replying. Pics were one thing I didn't think of in my frustration.

I just realized while trying to take a screenshot on my laptop that my Function key isn't working... Gonna install Win7 and try again since Toshiba has drivers for 7 but not XP. Once I'm functioning, I'll put up pics if it's still an issue. I'm starting to think that since the Function key works natively in Ubuntu, it's some sort of driver issue that could also be affecting video output. I'll update ASAP.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, Win7 didn't install properly, so I just did a clean sweep and reinstalled Ubuntu. And now, SE is faded there as well. I'm going to test another computer when I get home (working 3rd shift) and I'll post results.

Screenshot from 2015-05-26 06:40:26.jpg

Maybe it's my eyes playing tricks, but everything just looks... Dark.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    They look normal to me...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Looks normal to me as well, maybe you just need to tweak your screen brightness/contrast settings.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah I noticed this too in 2.905, it's a really subtle change thought and I thought it was just my eyes playing tricks on me too. I'm pretty this was intended to make the cards look more 'card-y'. Of course I've never seen Kyle or anyone else mention it though. Now that I'm used to it though I like it, makes everything look more authentic.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I noticed too, and thought everybody did! Fortunately, I keep an old version(2.9040). Here is the comparison.

A2015-05-26 22.06.44.jpgB2015-05-26 22.12.49.jpg

MacOS10.9.5
    Last edited by Occam Nico; 05-26-2015 at 01:51 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    LMAO. I seriously feel like a dumbass since it's not actually a "problem", just a change I wasn't expecting/don't really like. Most of the card art is hella nice, and I'm a little bummed that this detracts from it, IMO. Anyway, thanks to everyone who took the time to reply, at least I know I'm not crazy/don't need new eyes.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Now I think I need new eyes... I couldn't even find the difference...