Close

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    I don't think Hearthstone has any relevant 30-0 kill conditions from an empty board.

I think OTKs are fine as long as they are interactable if they are fast and as long as you can race it if they are slower.
    *cough*angry chicken warrior*cough*
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Vezuvan View Post
    If they ever implement one turn kills from 30 life or any type of 1st turn win system, im quitting SE.
    It's the biggest reason why many TCG fail so hard, anyone who is a TCG veteran knows that. Just take a look at MTG.
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread.php?p=521311 Can I have your account once you leave? OTK isn't what kills games. It's pops up here and there.
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง
    Justiciar of the Audacious
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." -- Author Unknown

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Vezuvan View Post
    If they ever implement one turn kills from 30 life or any type of 1st turn win system, im quitting SE.
    I don't know about that. I'd be much happier with one hit KO's if they replaced the loooooooonnnngg draaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwnnnnn ouuuuuuutttt kills we have the deal with when fighting Embers Jericho or Millstalker. There's nothing worse than playing a through a match with the thought that you've probably already lost (although there's nothing better than winning somehow anyway; that's why hope is so cruel).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ^ Faster games deals with our stall issue. No I don't mean cancerous decks like old dagger aramia that killed you by t4 with perfect draw and killed you by t6-8 usually.
    Greatness, Reborn

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." -- Author Unknown

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hey not trying to slam or anything but Yugioh has lost a lot of its fan base because of the fact that you have a choice of like 5 decks or you'll lose every time. Personally I don't like a game where creativity in your combos is reduced simply because of the balance of the game and also games where you can lose before taking a turn seem a little not fun. In terms of the boring aspect I understand what you mean because you're comparing Shadow Era to a fast paced game. Look at it more like Leage of Legends, DOTA, or MTG. Again not trying to slam or put anything down but it seems like the game is getting a little faster (with the exception of priests) but I don't think we'll ever have that many full kill combos... Btw... There is a 30-0 combo... Look at ravagers and moon stalker with clerics mantle :P
    Champion of Shadow Era for Las Vegas
    IGN: TJ AJ
    Streamer and Youtuber of Shadow Era

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajthrowsknives View Post
    Hey not trying to slam or anything but Yugioh has lost a lot of its fan base because of the fact that you have a choice of like 5 decks or you'll lose every time. Personally I don't like a game where creativity in your combos is reduced simply because of the balance of the game and also games where you can lose before taking a turn seem a little not fun. In terms of the boring aspect I understand what you mean because you're comparing Shadow Era to a fast paced game. Look at it more like Leage of Legends, DOTA, or MTG. Again not trying to slam or put anything down but it seems like the game is getting a little faster (with the exception of priests) but I don't think we'll ever have that many full kill combos... Btw... There is a 30-0 combo... Look at ravagers and moon stalker with clerics mantle
    Well yeah the fan base got hit due to pendelum crap. That's another story though, Battlin' Boxers are still alive in my heart :d Other than that I also come from SMITE (also a faster MOBA) that reduces the clutter of laning to focus on team fight aspects and whatnot. Anyway the request here is to speed up the game with fun combos and synergies that shake the board a bit. Since this is a slower game obv it won't be that but in terms of LoL you never really get the Baron. Everything's just in the laning phase in SE.
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajthrowsknives View Post
    Btw... There is a 30-0 combo... Look at ravagers and moon stalker with clerics mantle :P
    Besides Cleric's Mantle, Rothem can do it with Berserker's Edge and Desperate Tactics (and RW and some haste allys possibly) but its a "bit" clunky oc .
    I am Gandalf The Green.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    I don't know how MtG could have failed when it has had a steady increase in playerbase for some years.

I'm not sure what combo decks would do to SE considering it doesn't have instant-speed interaction against them but I think it's worth trying out at least. I prefer playing spells over creatures in almost every card game so I would be pretty much fine with that.
    Since alpha yes MTG was on the rise until it hit a certain point and died out almost completely from most countries. Yes people still play it due to nostalgic value, but in terms of balancing the game its a joke, the prices on cards went down heavily also due to the fact that the player base has went down heavily. MTG is played only cause it was one of the first TCG out there, not because of its great design. Theres endless examples of how MTG failed time after time. During alpha-beta time they implemented the power 9, wp. After that type 1 was useless, they had to ban 20+ cards from the get go and then start the restriction business. After that they decided to make a shitload of useless cards, like really weak sets. Where you had 95% of cards complete trash. Oh wait, that has always been the MTG way. 95% of the cards in a set are so bad that you can just introduce them to the bin. MTG also implemented new abilities almost every set and forgot them after that, like shadow? Like seriously? If the game is designed for land + fly units and after x years you suddenly introduce 12 monsters that have a third option, shadow and after that forget it due to getting shit feedback again. Thats a sign of a poorly designed game and a failure. MTG isnt on the rise, it has been going down in popularity since over 10 years ago.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Also, this is Shadow Era, not Yugioh. Yugioh was made to lure preteens and teens to play a tcg, the new substitute for pokemon tcg. I don't even understand why are we comparing or discussing these card games in the same topic.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    MtG is popular here.
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements