Close

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Possibility of OTK combos or game breaking power plays

Just wanted to ask this since I feel its something SE lacks. Being that the hardest choice in SE is playing your draw engine or an ally it makes the game very one lined (or in ny case kinda boring).
    By "Game-Breaking" I don't mean something snowbally and stupid broke like old dagger of fate or wisp but a combination of cards that flip the game to your favor to keep your opponent on your toes. Things such as a big minion that has a significant impact on the board state work here.
    By OTK I don't 100% mean Hastebomb type decks but combinations that can lock the board.Notably games such as Hearthstone, Yugioh, MMDoC, and I think Hex can pull this off.
    Just my two cents.
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง
    Justiciar of the Audacious
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." -- Author Unknown

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You come from Yugi Oh card game so i understand why you bring this topic XD

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Its fun as hell dude. WIPE EVERYTHING AND DEAL 8000 TURN 3
    Greatness, Reborn

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." -- Author Unknown

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't think Hearthstone has any relevant 30-0 kill conditions from an empty board.

I think OTKs are fine as long as they are interactable if they are fast and as long as you can race it if they are slower.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    I don't think Hearthstone has any relevant 30-0 kill conditions from an empty board.

I think OTKs are fine as long as they are interactable if they are fast and as long as you can race it if they are slower.
    Combo Warrior OTK (Double Frothing), Warlock OTK (arc golem double power overwhelming double faceless) Miracle Rogue OTK (Leeroy juggles or high atk creature with double tinkers and flurry), Oil Rogue OTK (same as above), Freeze Mage OTK (thalnos plus lots of fireballs and frostbolts and ice lances).
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The game needs some kind of ability/card for spawning a load of 0 attack allies. Combine that with a Stardust Amplfier or a hasted Karlstrad and you could have maybe not a one hit kill combo, but probably a lot of damage! So yeah I agree, the game needs some devastating, but difficult to pull off combos which are really satisfying.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by LucasBlitz View Post
    Combo Warrior OTK (Double Frothing), Warlock OTK (arc golem double power overwhelming double faceless) Miracle Rogue OTK (Leeroy juggles or high atk creature with double tinkers and flurry), Oil Rogue OTK (same as above), Freeze Mage OTK (thalnos plus lots of fireballs and frostbolts and ice lances).
    I don't think half of those are possible without a board state (I haven't done the math with double Frothing on 10 crystals).
    Last edited by Airact; 05-24-2015 at 06:45 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    I don't think half of those are possible without a board state (I haven't done the math with double Frothing on 10 crystals).
    http://youtu.be/Fe1o9WspUPU
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If they ever implement one turn kills from 30 life or any type of 1st turn win system, im quitting SE.
    It's the biggest reason why many TCG fail so hard, anyone who is a TCG veteran knows that. Just take a look at MTG.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't know how MtG could have failed when it has had a steady increase in playerbase for some years.

I'm not sure what combo decks would do to SE considering it doesn't have instant-speed interaction against them but I think it's worth trying out at least. I prefer playing spells over creatures in almost every card game so I would be pretty much fine with that.