Blood Frenzy x4
    Enrage x1
    A Legend Rises x1
    Enslave the Beast x2
    Scriptures of the Righteous x4
    Spectral Sabre x1
    Rod of Smiting x2

41 cards + hero

At first I saw this warrior-templar deck with amber and rod of smiting, but unless amber got the RoS from Reserve Weapon, its attack would benefit from +1 attack only when a templar is on the field. So I thought 'why not give the same deck principle a chance with another warrior.

So, I tried tala because I like playing monsters.
    This deck has 20 monsters, not too many, but all of them have a huge amount of hp, a trait intended I am guessing, as templars have a paladin-like figure. However, since warriors don't have access to the 5 resources meat shield Justicar Alysia or mob-killer Sindarok Apprentice, I thought of of adding Paladin of Unaxio and Gunther for the mid-to-late game, in addition to Templar Champion, and honestly it has been working real good with this meta for a number of reasons.
    1) protector ability checks attachment-based decks like the priest or warrior decks.
    2) High hp from all monsters + buff from tala helps them survice and sponge all lot of hits from rush mages like aramia, who conquers this meta, especially in 300+ matches. Paladin of Unaxio 's Ability really comes in handy in these situations or against baduruu's weapons.
    3) 3 weapons in mid-late game may help the drawing (scriptures of the righteous)or get rid of annoying attachment like cof, especially if the board control is lost. And 2-3 damage is not bad.
    4) zailen + CB or enslave the beast help against Lance's hidden mobs. And Templar Champion helps a lot against millstalker.

Generally speaking, this deck doesn't have any haste or seductress or messenger or even marksman and warriors don't have a card to wipe the field, so if it loses board control it will be tough to come around. But the original concept of this deck is to draw fast and summon a lot of mobs from turn 2-3. If the game drags on, Enrage helps survive. Also, I usually keep a zailen in my hand for late game to spam some attachments and hide her behind a protector. Funny thing is that, unlike other templar decks I tried, a turn 2 Avenger of the Fallen drop is very good. I have seen this monster survive the whole match without it dying, because it gets protected all the time and with 4 hp to pack, it is the mvp of the deck.
    I hardly ever hit templar champion with tala's ability, as if he sticks on board a couple of turns I wipe the opponen't board easily. So, I usually hide him behind a Guardian of Unaxio or even avenger, anything really so that he cannot be targeted directly. Lastly, if I manage to get one monster on board, summon Gunther and make him a protector, it is usually gg. 10 hp are hard to find in 2 consecutive turns and even if he dies, tala will have been unscathed.

Any thoughts or advice is mostly welcome.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    As you said, if you lose the board control, it will be a tough game. Although all of your allies HP are over 4, they r different from Sandworm or Wisp. So I can say it isn't hard to kill in some situations. Because your allies might not stand against Nova, vs rush mage is not a good matchup I guess.
    Last edited by jojiwakabayashi; 05-22-2015 at 01:53 PM.
    IGN: Jojiwakabayashi

The most highest scoring player in season 18 and 25
    The most highest rating player in seaon 26 and 27

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    well I know that there are better options for this hero. I just don't feel like using them. It is way more fun to try something different from time to
    time than taking the same route. And against rush mages I don't have that much trouble. getting a paladin of unaxio or a couple of guardians out
    and using enrage is sometimes enough to win just by summoning them and ending my turn. With protector lightning strike loses a lot, kristofers
    are kinda useless thanks to guardian and eventually mages run out of steam. At least from my experience playing against them. I just need to have 2-3
    mobs down to make him use a supernova, it is highly possible sth will live and then reflood the board. There was a game I had two guardians down, nova hit me for three then got another and paladin. the opponent then went supenova again but my mobs lived thanks to paladin, I got another 3 damage and
    he got 10 total. Without me moving a finger.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oh I had this idea , samdworm or wisp behind it Templar champion is damned board lock for enemy , also gaurdians behind sand worm will make enemy cry when he wanna finish ,

Templar has many allies that are board locks and that's why I love them , protecting them behind worm or wisp is amazing idea !

So my suggestions are as follows
    - general of balor and paladin for 4 wisp or worm or split
    remove enslave beast for anything .. dunno maybe dragon tooth ?
    - remove the rod for tkp
    IN GAME NAME : A1 Ragosonos

A1's BRUTAL MINOTAUR

Ultimately proud EX-member of A1 leadership

My famous 320+ rated builds :

rag-ajiya
    meta destruction threbin
    competitive blood fang
    zhanna control
    banebow control

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    4 Scriptures + 4 Blood Frenzy looks like overkill in the draw department. You could easily cut 1 or 2 Scriptures to get a little tighter IMO.

Templar Champion looks interesting for Tala.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @rajosonos well guardian's ability won't trigger unless there are only templar down there so it won't work I'm afraid. 4 wisps should make the deck better
    but I wanna try the 2 other templars first for fatties. Maybe there is more to it than just meat shields. And they made them templars so that they get to
    see some action, give them a chance :P
    As far as RoS is concerned, having a 3/4 weapon down there really helps the board control and TKP is too expensive, at least for my taste. In 7 resources, which I never hit btw in this deck, I could still play a champion and another templar for instant damage and possible draw. Maybe The Last Harvest is a more viable option. That would be my second 1 resource card, so I could stick a santa bombing in there for my draw. Ensalve the beast is a card I consider taking out tbh, it doesn't help that much and I only use it well if I have a zailen on board, else it is a waste of 4 resources.

@FDL I agree, after some matches I would find myself drawing one scripture and BB after another, killing my momentum. Maybe I ll some out and mix a third draw engine, Like Road Less Traveled or bad santa.

Lastly, I am considering adding at least 2 marksman. It gets tough when the opponent goes first and plays monsters from turn 2.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Good on you trying something new

Tala, from my experience needs to be aggro

I would consider:
    -2 scriptures
    +2 last harvest
    -2 Gunther, -2 paladin
    +4 zealous mystic
    -1spectral sabre
    -2 rod of smiting
    -2 enclave the beast
    +3 strength of conviction

To give your deck more aggro

T2 Ally
    T3 Zailen+conviction ... can kill a 3 health ally going 1st and a 4 health ally with ability going second

Because as you said, once you have lost board ... it's hard to get it back

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @pat jay I'll try some attachments along with Mystic I think, as I said before this deck lacks ohks and haste, so at least I got haste coreved this way. And I'll get some last harvests.