Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Anyone else feel the need for reliable item removal?

Item removal in shadowera for non-priests is both expensive and situational. You can only play removal after your opponent puts down a key item (normally keeping your removal in hand for a few turns in case he does) and often it costs as much as the item in question. Also your opponent probably got some good use out of it on his turn.

Not only that, In some games item removla cards are dead draws (for example you run ley line nexus to tech vs badurru, but face voice of winter priest instead). This is in comparison to creature removal, which is often more cost-efficient than the creature itself and almost guaranteed (very few decks won't fear "now you're mine")!

Why isn't there a reasonably priced card that you can rely on to pop an item? Ley line nexus needs a highly costed item, dawn raid needs a cheaply costed item, can we just get a 3-4 cost card that pops any item? This would help with very strong heroes currently like gwenneth, badurru, amber and priests for example (bows, jewweler's dream and king's pride).

Another thought: same thing for attachments at a cost of 1-2. Would help with dominating attachment builds like confluence jeriko, lance, victor, gwenneth... confluence anything really.
    Last edited by Romakarol; 05-17-2015 at 12:41 AM.
    Member of ETC, your local friendly guild: http://asfetc.shadowera.net/index.php?board=1.0

IGN:
    namor (aramia flameforged- needs upgrading)
    lovely (moonstalker undead- main since forever)
    krolroma (aramia twilight- waiting for the meta to align)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well nothing in a random draw card game is "reliable". But I feel your pain bro,
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Voice of winter priest wtf lol? You have Artful Squire for humans and Shriek of Vengance for Shadow. Sever Ties for both. gg
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง
    Justiciar of the Audacious
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." -- Author Unknown
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What thing is actually annoying you the most??
    What hero do you play?
    there are quite a few different options now so maybe we can help.

Priest and rogue have universal destruction cards so maybe you can try them out.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Not sure I get the example of LLN being tech for Baduruu, but then you run against VoW Priest instead. LLN can destroy VoW as well. But then again VoW is extremely rare to see.

Main thing is though, you can't really have an item destruction that covers everything and is available to many heroes (one of the reasons why Obelisk is considered very strong, can kill any item/ability and can be run by any Shadow hero). Most other item destruction just has to be cost restricted, class restricted, or restricted by exactly what it can destroy. If all classes had the exact same card at 3cc of "Destroy an item", what would be the uniqueness between the classes? Of course all the other cards would be different, but this whole situation goes for other types of cards too, like draw cards, some classes have it better than others, is part of what makes them all different. At the same time, a Neutral card that could just kill any item would be too good, cause everyone would just use it, would be too much of an auto-include unless it had some other really strong side-effect.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Senior Member Pteronophobic Wizard's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This kind of card would completely kill certain heros. For example, Baduruu would become completely unplayable. Amber, gwen, and others would also suffer a lot.

Part of the balance of the game is that every class has weaknesses and strengths. Some classes have trouble dealing with items, while others don't. That's just part of the game, and it is a good thing.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I wonder why there isn't any taking measures card in advance against those weapons or items.
    LLN, SoV, Focused Prayer, Stop Tief, and so on are generally used after opponents summoned an item. Not play face down, but I want this kind of card like Deth Trap in neutral item.
    IGN: Jojiwakabayashi

The most highest scoring player in season 18 and 25
    The most highest rating player in seaon 26 and 27

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jojiwakabayashi View Post
    I wonder why there isn't any taking measures card in advance against those weapons or items.
    LLN, SoV, Focused Prayer, Stop Tief, and so on are generally used after opponents summoned an item. Not play face down, but I want this kind of card like Deth Trap in neutral item.
    You are looking for counterspell!!
    Buried Treasure of Nanana
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix/ Greatness, Reborn
    My tournament achievements

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Index View Post
    You are looking for counterspell!!
    That's my point exactly
    I hope it will be released in next expansion.
    IGN: Jojiwakabayashi

The most highest scoring player in season 18 and 25
    The most highest rating player in seaon 26 and 27

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My friend, seems to me you don't understand the idea of balance. How come not every hero have a board whipping card? How come some faction have way better attachments then others?
    not having a cheap great item removal card isn't an accident or a mistake, it's a balance rulling by the creator's of the game