Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Devers View Post
    New MacBook pros regularly run above 90c doing intensive things like video encoding and rendering. Certain games push my CPU up to 90c or so as well. The new more powerful GPUs definitely dont help the heat problem but the laptop has a built in function to power down when it gets too hot, and so far I haven't had it shut down yet

Edit: the Mac SE client also heats up my comp, it's brand new and starts running at about 75c, which with the good but not crazy graphics in SE shouldn't be the case as far as I can tell
    If your CPU is reaching 90 degrees there is a problem. New Macbook pros that do this have a problem. You can take it back to the apple store ant they will look at it if its under warranty.

Pete
    Grand Watchman of the Ancient Blue Citadel
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

Don't just witness the greatness;
    Stride with us.

To join the demonstrably greatest guild in the history of Shadow Era - click here

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, I don't know about temperature issues as this is not an issue for me, I just notice the fans go crazy, and thus I assume the processor is working way harder than it should have to.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Codepunk View Post
    Well, I don't know about temperature issues as this is not an issue for me, I just notice the fans go crazy, and thus I assume the processor is working way harder than it should have to.
    when my cpu reaches about 70c it feels really hot already. on a mac, i have a macbook pro 2010, when the fan goes super fast on mine it means that the fan is running at ~6000 rpm.
    - it's so blatantly obvious i'm gonna win that they usually quit. =(. i feel like i have to hold back so they won't leave.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have the same problem with pc version.Maybe my laptop has no Independent graphics,but when i play SE,it must something wrong there.CPU Usage
    is low but temperature is so high,and unfortunately it shut down.although i play other large 3d games like wow, didn't met this.

If i minimize the window , it seems temp goes down.i hope someone could look into this.thank u.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I did some tests and figured out: There is a huge difference of using CPU resource between graphic modes:

Fastest: 2% (really?)
    Fast: 50%
    Beautiful: 90%
    Fantanstic: 100%

The quality isn't changed so much between graphic modes, so you still can enjoy the game in Fast or Good mode.
    Warrior - Priest.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Binhdemon View Post
    I did some tests and figured out: There is a huge difference of using CPU resource between graphic modes:

Fastest: 2% (really?)
    Fast: 50%
    Beautiful: 90%
    Fantanstic: 100%

The quality isn't changed so much between graphic modes, so you still can enjoy the game in Fast or Good mode.
    Well done with the find. This is actually really useful and kyle should sticky this info for anyone having problems with CPU and shadow era.
    Grand Watchman of the Ancient Blue Citadel
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

Don't just witness the greatness;
    Stride with us.

To join the demonstrably greatest guild in the history of Shadow Era - click here