Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

PC ver make my CPU temp to 90 C, turn off suddenly.

My laptop is old system, temperature used to be aroud 65 C.
    I used to play 3D Game, temp may come to 70 C.
    But when i tried PC version of ShadowEra, CPU temp increase to 90C, it make my laptop turn off suddenly 3 times. After that, I realize that it's beacau PC version. I exit it, then temp quickly down to 75 C after 2 mins, and 3 mins next it's 65 C to normal.

Please fix.
    Thanks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If your laptop temp is going above 65 it's not cooling properly. Intel does not reccomend temps above this. You need to replace the thermal paste and check the fans are all working no blocked vents etc.
    Grand Watchman of the Ancient Blue Citadel
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn.

Don't just witness the greatness;
    Stride with us.

To join the demonstrably greatest guild in the history of Shadow Era - click here

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just take your case cover off ...and you can put a small fan near your tower

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Related: link

I think the fact that a few people, including myself, have brought up this similar issue, shows that there is definitely an issue with the standalone client and that it isn't an issue of thermal paste as Pete keeps suggesting

More likely there is a compatibility issue with the code that is causing certain processors to work harder than they need to, or something similar. Should definitely be looked into at least.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    90c..jeez. i have a mac and watching videos online is the thing that burns the crap out of my cpu, about 70c+. i have smcfan installed so i ramp it up to around 4500rpm and it brings it down to 60c. i have no problem play SE on the browser though, usually only in the 50c area with 2300-3000 rpm.

i would check out all the basics first like dust in the vent areas, the material your laptop is on while playing, etc.
    - it's so blatantly obvious i'm gonna win that they usually quit. =(. i feel like i have to hold back so they won't leave.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The issue doesn't happen with the browser version, only the standalone PC (and apparently Mac as well) client. It has to be some kind of small coding error...personally my computer handles cooling very effectively so it's not a big deal (the fans just go super loud), and of course we can just play the browser version instead. Certainly not urgent, but it is an issue, and it would be good if it were looked into at some point when Kyle gets a chance.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Software cannot make your computer run at 90 degrees unless there is something wrong with the computer. Simple.
    Greatness, Reborn.

Stride with us.

To join the demonstrably greatest guild in the history of Shadow Era - click here

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    And also I might add, in my experiance the stock paste is often of poor quality, or not applied correctly. When people take the time to do it themselves they generally buy a higher grade paste and do it correctly. This is why you notice an improvement when the paste is changed.

Pete
    Greatness, Reborn.

Stride with us.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't have anything to show me the temperature of my computer, but I have noticed that the fan starts roaring as soon as I load up Shadow Era, and it stays that way even after I close the game. I've gotta restart to get the fans back to normal.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Padawan Pete View Post
    Software cannot make your computer run at 90 degrees unless there is something wrong with the computer. Simple.
    New MacBook pros regularly run above 90c doing intensive things like video encoding and rendering. Certain games push my CPU up to 90c or so as well. The new more powerful GPUs definitely dont help the heat problem but the laptop has a built in function to power down when it gets too hot, and so far I haven't had it shut down yet

Edit: the Mac SE client also heats up my comp, it's brand new and starts running at about 75c, which with the good but not crazy graphics in SE shouldn't be the case as far as I can tell
    in game: DT
    A1