Close

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Vezuvan you raised some good points, but current SE options now are: Telegram or worse. So I see no reason to let Telegram option fade away.
    We could sit and wait for Wulven Studio to develop a non-bugged fully functional in-game chat, but that's not a good approach towards the game due to well known slow development timings.
    And Telegram actually is a pretty safe chat system. I can estimate Wulven might implement a safer system only after several years of development, so your safety concerns are totally out of place.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Vezuvan View Post
    Dropping IRC was fairly mandatory, considering its very old and its an insanely high security risk nowadays. Iv always been against IRC as well, the fact is that nothing will work until its a build-in chatroom system inside the SE client. I just feel that when you force people to get a 3rd party program to be able to "really" get into the community and to play in tournaments (yes its mandatory, every tournament forces you to meet up in telegram). Its a fact that shadow era as a game gets hurt by that.

On a more personal note, i will have to look into ways of protecting my computer in case i get telegram. But it's just a fact I would have to drop my requirements of a safe computer in order to play in SE tournaments. Let me also point out, this is the only game iv ever seen that makes joining a tournament this difficult. If I can find a way to shield myself properly, I could join telegram.. But im not really sure if its worth all the trouble, when theres so many other games with less of a hassle.
    Again, you could ask for a compromise, we really aren't' that difficult here. =/

I think you're being a bit too over protective. I'm not sure what is so important on your computer that such that signing up for a program is a security risk, or at the very least, more of one than doing anything else. I had to give my SSN to my employer, that's technically a security risk since I'm giving it to a company, even if they do have a privacy policy (which I'm pretty sure telegram has too). Maybe its just me, but I don't see the issue, especially since Telegram doesn't ask that much of you (the phone number (to telegram company only, not other users) being the most pressing I'm sure). If its not this, than what are you afraid of exactly? Perhaps we can help you be more comfortable with doing that kind of thing.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't think anyone cares enough to take your info. People aren't exactly that exciting. What I'm gonna take your milk money cause you posted on a chat?
    You watch too many movies :d Hacking is actually reaaaallly boring...
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง
    Justiciar of the Audacious
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." -- Author Unknown

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Index View Post
    Well you can't deny IRC sucks!
    Edit: Telegram ain't any better though.
    But the goat! The GOATS"
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My issue isnt about losing some random chat message due to sniffing packets along the way. Which doesn't seem too difficult I might add on Telegram. Their security is fairly low, but ok, compared to skype its massively better. I'm worried mostly about direct attacks on my computer, which happen time to time I may add. On a positive note, its been a few months since the last intrusion attempt *no bad karma from that statement please*

And yes, there is some stuff on this computer that is worth getting targeted for. When I join telegram I'm putting myself out there in the open, same could be said about talking on this forum tho. But I dont expect wulven employees to take advantage of the fact they have my ip. Iv been doing a lot of research on Telegram security and it's far from safe.

But as Demchi said, in the mean while I should just contact the tournament directors on other possibilities other than telegram to inform the game results and so forth. Since I dont expect to see a ingame build chat-system anytime soon. Telegram is just one of those programs that everyone uses now because its easy to use, until it leaks badly. Same has happened on all of the highly popular IM / room systems and same happened on things such as java and flash. No one gave a shit about their security problems until shit hit the fan. I wasen't one of them

On the note of shielding myself in case telegram can't protect my privacy, i haven't made progress due to the fact I haven't had any time to look into it seriously.

Europe Regional (Winter 2012) Champion jacqui's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A certain number of celebrities weren't to thrilled about Apple's cloud security.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jacqui View Post
    A certain number of celebrities weren't to thrilled about Apple's cloud security.
    Dont even get me started on the cloud system security problems

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    So telegram has become the newchat for this game huh?
    𝓚𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓸𝓯 𝓐𝓼𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓵𝓮𝓼

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith☆Star View Post
    So telegram has become the newchat for this game huh?
    Yes, IRC is always there as an option, but many are in telegram
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Vezuvan View Post
    My issue isnt about losing some random chat message due to sniffing packets along the way. Which doesn't seem too difficult I might add on Telegram. Their security is fairly low, but ok, compared to skype its massively better. I'm worried mostly about direct attacks on my computer, which happen time to time I may add. On a positive note, its been a few months since the last intrusion attempt *no bad karma from that statement please*

And yes, there is some stuff on this computer that is worth getting targeted for. When I join telegram I'm putting myself out there in the open, same could be said about talking on this forum tho. But I dont expect wulven employees to take advantage of the fact they have my ip. Iv been doing a lot of research on Telegram security and it's far from safe.

But as Demchi said, in the mean while I should just contact the tournament directors on other possibilities other than telegram to inform the game results and so forth. Since I dont expect to see a ingame build chat-system anytime soon. Telegram is just one of those programs that everyone uses now because its easy to use, until it leaks badly. Same has happened on all of the highly popular IM / room systems and same happened on things such as java and flash. No one gave a shit about their security problems until shit hit the fan. I wasen't one of them

On the note of shielding myself in case telegram can't protect my privacy, i haven't made progress due to the fact I haven't had any time to look into it seriously.
    I mean I can ddos you if you want .___. https://telegram.org/faq#q-how-secure-is-telegram Telegram also does huge giveaways of large amounts of cash if you can hack their app. So knowing this you can assume you're pretty safe no matter how paranoid you are. The claim that its far from safe is faulty and most likely caused by research based on Facebook articles or paranoia.
    Or you can try hacking TG for $10k in cash!
    Justiciar of the Audacious
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." -- Author Unknown