Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Question ‘Stardust Amplifier’ and ‘Stardust Extractor’

It is very late in the development cycle to be making changes to Shattered Fates cards, but as it’s not yet finalized I thought I’d raise the following in case it has been overlooked and to hear the general consensus.

Stardust Ampliflyer’ and ‘Stardust Extractor’ see little play, and their ideal hero ‘Elementis’ is overshadowed by Zaldar. Unfortunately whatever Elementis does, his bigger brother Zaldar does it better. These 2 allies are intended to synergize with each other and Elementis, in a way Zaldar can’t quite capitalize on in the same way. I believe these 2 allies, although lacking at the moment, with a slight change could create a new deck style and niche for Elementis. (Elementis Discard/Homonculus)

The proposed changes are:
    Stardust Ampliflyer: Now a “Homonculus” tribe ally.
    Stardust Extractor: Ability changes from – “Steadfast. 0: Draw a card. Stardust Extractor's health and base attack are reduced by 1” to “Steadfast. 0: Draw a card. Stardust Extractor's and the controlling hero take 1 damage.”

Making Stardust Amplifyer a homunculus expands the useability of its ability by being able to take advantage of the ‘homonculus’ growing tools such as ‘Splicer's Crown’, ‘Plightbred Runt’, etc. (This would hopefully increase the use of these cards as well.) Other discard and homunculus cards would fit well into such a Elementis Discard/Homonculus deck, such as ‘reactory’, ‘brimstone devourer’ (homunculus), voracious arachnid (homunculus) and ‘anti matter’.

Stardust Extractor is currently easily killed when its health lowers and with its attack also lowering as well, it becomes an easy target to even the weakest of allies.
    The suggested change means it’s like the 4 cost ‘blood frenzy’ with the loss of life to the controlling hero, however it also has the additional drawbacks of:
    easy to remove (kill ally)
    disabled ally prevents activating draw
    prevent ability activation, prevents draw
    Can only draw so many cards before it destroys itself and is always becoming an easier target.

It’s hoped that Elementis can regenerate the health to recuperate the health loss – yet the ‘draw’ weakened Stardust Extractor will likely be killed off after a few cards draws. The poor beast should have its attack, so it’s not completely defenceless.

The biggest perk about this is that Elementis can use these 2 allies more effectively than his 2 bigger brothers and hopefully be on a more even playing field against them.

What are people’s thoughts? Would this make the Homonculus/Discard deck a more viable Elementis option?
    Last edited by ShrapnelFox; 05-11-2015 at 11:09 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    +1

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Stardust Ampliflyer is the cornerstone card of my elementalis deck. It's shockingly effective at buffing my allies, especially with a rampant krygon thrown into the mix giving everyone a permanent +1 attack every round. I fear that making its ability even more readily activated will make it too overpowered.

It's a niche card, but a very powerful one in the right hands.

As for stardust extractor, yeah, never really used it. Liked its ability, but rarely activated it (usually just to reset the top far for meat wagon). It's not weak, just that there are many other stronger 4-cost allies like murderous hulk.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I disagree with you, both of them are strong enough. You may not see those especially Zaladar n Praxix decks, but it is very popular for Talis and most Talis decks include both Stardust Ampliflyer and Stardust Extractor.

Here is a good example. Wulven tribe has Riphide that is Wulven 7 costs ally;however it's generally for only Bloodfang due to the costs.
    IGN: Jojiwakabayashi

The most highest scoring player in season 18 and 25
    The most highest rating player in seaon 26 and 27

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jojiwakabayashi View Post
    I disagree with you, both of them are strong enough. You may not see those especially Zaladar n Praxix decks, but it is very popular for Talis and most Talis decks include both Stardust Ampliflyer and Stardust Extractor.

Here is a good example. Wulven tribe has Riphide that is Wulven 7 costs ally;however it's generally for only Bloodfang due to the costs.
    After reading the opening post I scrolled down to type and found joji said the same I was gonna say LOL " I was gonna say emore crossbow and baduruu thing but anyways .. "

+1 they are both strong
    IN GAME NAME : A1 Ragosonos

A1's BRUTAL MINOTAUR

Ultimately proud EX-member of A1 leadership

My famous 320+ rated builds :

rag-ajiya
    meta destruction threbin
    competitive blood fang
    zhanna control
    banebow control

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Ampliflyer is fine, moving it to homonculus tribe could bring serious balancing problems further on. As for the extractor I agree he needs some refining, doesnt work very well (too slow) and when you can afford the slowliness is because you're already on top of the game and you don't really need him that much. My suggestion would be to double his effect, draw 2 cards, drop attack and health by 2.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm pretty sure aggressive Elementalis decks (with or without Meat Wagon) have outperformed Zaladar in the past months.

That being said, I do find both Ampliflyer and Extractor to be awkward to use and generally outclassed by other cards.

Ampliflyer is gimped by the lack of ways to grant base attack/HP increases (only Elem hismelf, Krygon and Bloodthirsty can trigger his ability).
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Actually there is around 15 different ways (cards) between attachments, support abilities, armor, etc... than can grant amplifier a bonus. Obviously its kind of hard to make a consistent deck around all of them. :P

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Like what?

Things like Breastplate of Vitality or Exaltation don't trigger Stardust Ampliflyer.

Edit: Plightbred Runt would be a 4th way.
    Last edited by FDL; 05-11-2015 at 03:33 PM.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    My bad, thought those would trigger the effect as well.