Close

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Member ScientificRailgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    'Merica
    Posts
    42
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0

    I just found this game again after like a year of not playing...halp.

    Hi! I used to play quite a bit of Shadow Era, but I drifted away from the game. I randomly decided to try it again while looking through the apps I had installed, and figured I'd give it another try. So...what's been happening to the game in the past year? I was playing during Dark Prophesies, but I have no idea what I'm doing with the new expansion (I forgot the name...). I've looked through the cards quick, but I'm not sure which ones are good. How's the meta doing nowadays? What new cards are important to get? My favorite hero is Serena, so I'd like to get a good build for her first (I already have a complete DP deck).

    Also, on a side note, the forums don't look as active as I remember. Have I just come at a bad time, or what?
    IGN: ScienceRailgun

  2. #2
    DP Visionary tman507's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    U.S.A, GMT -7
    Posts
    4,598
    Tournaments Joined
    6
    Tournaments Won
    0
    If you like Serena, she's got a fun new toy called Thoughtripper's Cutlass. The name says it all really. Just take all your opponent's cards from them.

    Baduruu loves running his Ravagers, Lance has his attachments (as do Priests now) thanks to Confluence of Fate providing draw. I personally enjoy Victor quite a bit thanks to Hunter's Gambit and Deepwood Bobcat.

    Just a few of the things you might see around with all the new Shattered Fates cards. As for forum activity, it is a little quieter, probably because not too much new stuff really going on. Set 4 is in development though, at least at the PFG phase.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

    Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

    Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

  3. #3
    Member ScientificRailgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    'Merica
    Posts
    42
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks for replying

    I think I'm gonna focus on getting my Cutlasses...just played against a Garth with one, and basically creamed my pants.
    IGN: ScienceRailgun

  4. #4
    Senior Member jojiwakabayashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    612
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ScientificRailgun View Post
    Hi! I used to play quite a bit of Shadow Era, but I drifted away from the game. I randomly decided to try it again while looking through the apps I had installed, and figured I'd give it another try. So...what's been happening to the game in the past year? I was playing during Dark Prophesies, but I have no idea what I'm doing with the new expansion (I forgot the name...). I've looked through the cards quick, but I'm not sure which ones are good. How's the meta doing nowadays? What new cards are important to get? My favorite hero is Serena, so I'd like to get a good build for her first (I already have a complete DP deck).

    Also, on a side note, the forums don't look as active as I remember. Have I just come at a bad time, or what?
    Welcome back
    Serena has become one of the very strong hero as Jericho, Baduruu, and Victor since SF released. If you have no idea to build a new Serena deck, try it↓↓

    Serena 1

    Nightshade 2
    Layarian diplomat 2
    Skilled Ironmonger 1
    Aldon the Brave 2
    Night Owl 3
    Midnight Sentinel 2
    Sword Thief 3
    Tainted Oracle 1
    Viska, The Scarlet Blade 1
    Oliver Fagin 1
    Backstab 1
    Assassination 2
    Garth's Concoction 2
    Stop Thief! 4
    Black Garb 1
    III-Gotten Gains 4
    Spirit Shuriken 2
    Anklebreaker 2
    Thoughtripper's Cutlass 4
    Spelleater Bands 1
    =1+41 cards

    That is my Cutlass Serena deck. If you see haste ally a lot, you can change 1 Oliver n Black Garb to 2 Braxnorian Soldier.

    GL
    IGN: Jojiwakabayashi

    The most highest scoring player in season 18 and 25
    The most highest rating player in seaon 26 and 27

  5. #5
    Senior Member ragosonos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    on jupiter
    Posts
    921
    Tournaments Joined
    1
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thought your Serena is 55 cards joji as I saw last time. I was quite impressed
    IN GAME NAME : A1 Ragosonos

    A1's BRUTAL MINOTAUR


    Ultimately proud EX-member of A1 leadership


    My famous 320+ rated builds :

    rag-ajiya
    meta destruction threbin
    competitive blood fang
    zhanna control
    banebow control

  6. #6
    Senior Member jojiwakabayashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    612
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ragosonos View Post
    Thought your Serena is 55 cards joji as I saw last time. I was quite impressed
    I always have over 50 cards at first and make sure which cards works a lot when I build a deck.
    Some my decks are still over 60 for BB, Victor, discard Praxix, n mill MS; however, my decks are mainly around 45 cards.
    IGN: Jojiwakabayashi

    The most highest scoring player in season 18 and 25
    The most highest rating player in seaon 26 and 27

  7. #7
    Member ScientificRailgun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    'Merica
    Posts
    42
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Thanks for the list, Joji =D

    I'll try to build something like that and mess around with it.
    IGN: ScienceRailgun

  8. #8
    Member A1-Alliance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    96
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Joji, is no joke, he's manged to make over 40 card decks work very well. He's number one in the rankings. I'm even taking notes!

    Welcome back to the game. Glad you came home to SE!

  9. #9
    Senior Member planarbox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    189
    Tournaments Joined
    1
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Only a year? Don't worry, little has changed, this is wulven after all.

  10. #10
    Senior Member jojiwakabayashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    612
    Tournaments Joined
    0
    Tournaments Won
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ScientificRailgun View Post
    Thanks for the list, Joji =D

    I'll try to build something like that and mess around with it.
    Sorry, I forgot I post here XD
    What's going on? I watched some your games and about 70% of win is not too bad. Although it's a little advice, Anklebreaker is better than Thoughtripper Cutlass when you go second and your opponent summoned an ally with over 4 health points before T5. Your games seems you always run Thoughtrippers Cutlass regardless of any situation


    Quote Originally Posted by A1-Alliance1 View Post
    Joji, is no joke, he's manged to make over 40 card decks work very well. He's number one in the rankings. I'm even taking notes!

    Welcome back to the game. Glad you came home to SE!
    You know about me well Thanks!
    Just PM me if you need some my help. I generally don't share my decks due to the tower deck. Some newbies might feel I'm so stupid... lol
    IGN: Jojiwakabayashi

    The most highest scoring player in season 18 and 25
    The most highest rating player in seaon 26 and 27

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •