Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Players playing while "disconnected"

I've played Shadow Era for a while, though this is my first time checking out the forums... Could someone enlighten me as to how some players seem to be able to play while supposedly disconnected? There's a clock that counts how long that is. I asked a player why and they just said their internet connection wasn't very good.... Seemed a bit fishy. Is this allowed? What advantage does it give them, if any? Thanks

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AutumnRouge View Post
    I've played Shadow Era for a while, though this is my first time checking out the forums... Could someone enlighten me as to how some players seem to be able to play while supposedly disconnected? There's a clock that counts how long that is. I asked a player why and they just said their internet connection wasn't very good.... Seemed a bit fishy. Is this allowed? What advantage does it give them, if any? Thanks
    Hiya. Thanks for posting. There's no hackery going on - it's just a bug which is causing the disconnect from a previous game to appear as though it has happened in this game. Aside from the confusing message, it should be having no effect on the game. As far as I know, it is fixed in latest PC version. What platform are you on?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This happens on android for me

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    On 2.905 (PC), when I watch finished matches, I get a message and a counter saying that I'm disconnected.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks everyone for replying. I'm playing on android as well. I sent a message to the staff and here's what they said:

A customer support staff member has replied to your support request, #993625 with the following response:
    Hello, thanks for reporting this. We found that this is a bug if the player disconnects but doesn't join back again before the game is over. In the next games, it will incorrectly report that the player is disconnected when they aren't. You can close the app and restart if it bothers you, but it is just a minor display issue until another player disconnects and reconnects. It has been fixed for the next release.