Close

Thread: Meltdown issues

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Meltdown issues

I'm having a cry hard time finding a game. Either I get matched as I come to the battle screen, or it doesn't happen at all. No matter how long I wait. I'd say 3 of 4 times I'm stuck waiting for an opponent but never get matched. This is in on ipad2.

Less anoying but still a bug, every third game or so, when I press the button that spends my 200 gold for the meltdown the whle app blows away.

Is thee a way I can get around thins?
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If by app 'blows away' you mean crashes/black screen, it's probably due to the caching issue present in the iOS version. iOS has a limit on how many files can be open, and SE leaves these files open, resulting in the app malfunctioning when too many files open. Since you are loading loads of cards in meltdown, it will cause issues after a while. This has been fixed in the newest patch (I believe) which we should see soon for iOS

As for the not being matched, it may be just due to not many people playing meltdown so matchmaking is slow on occasion
    Ross014 - Intrepid Learner of Secrets
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ross013 View Post
    If by app 'blows away' you mean crashes/black screen, it's probably due to the caching issue present in the iOS version. iOS has a limit on how many files can be open, and SE leaves these files open, resulting in the app malfunctioning when too many files open. Since you are loading loads of cards in meltdown, it will cause issues after a while. This has been fixed in the newest patch (I believe) which we should see soon for iOS

As for the not being matched, it may be just due to not many people playing meltdown so matchmaking is slow on occasion
    Blows away = closing of app
    I've NEVER connected once I've seen the waiting message. It isn't slow, it doest happen at all. I'm i. Latest ios version
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadows R Us View Post
    Blows away = closing of app
    I've NEVER connected once I've seen the waiting message. It isn't slow, it doest happen at all. I'm i. Latest ios version
    Never mind. I finally connected after seeing the waiting for players message.
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have this EXACT same problem .... forever waiting for a melt down game.
    There are three distinct conditions.

Join ... imediately get a match (someone else was already waiting)
    Join ... get the waiting for players message and typically in less than 10mins (much less) game starts.
    Join ... get the waiting for players message .... Never joins a match ... EVER

by watching status and refreshing it constantly ive watched the jackpot gain 2000 gold which means at least 10 games were started OR 20 people entered matches and then left because while waiting forever .... they either gave up or like me often forget they are waiting forever and device power save kicks in or whatever .... any way there is some issue causing games to wait into oblivion.

I know this happens on my Samsung Galaxy Tab running kit kat 4.4
    I am 95% certain it also happens on my galaxy s3 phone .... but since i purchased the tab I don't play on the S3 as much and since its been a bit I give a 5% unknown

Anyway this is a real issue .... Ive found that if I dont try to play back to back games it doesnt happen as a guarantee.(the endless waiting) but even taking a break between games and exiting and relogging into the game between matches only reduces the chances of endless waits.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If others are experiencing similar issues ... I found some actions that seem to serve as a partial remedy .

Don't try for instantaneous back to back games (after the card selection process) take a 15 min break or so

Logging completely out of game and relogging back in seems to reduce the chance that you will go into the "waiting for players" game que of oblivion never to return.

That's all I have for possible solutions / mitigations to this issue.

Any other ideas or thoughts I would love to hear.

Thanks!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No need to create your own thread when it's still the same topic. It's better to keep this all together so I merged the two threads.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Created a new post ... because the OP

CONCLUDED and FINISHED ...

Tacking further disscusions (other than a basic comment)often goes nowhere ....

Im sure this issue won't be corrected any time soon anyway ... from the info ive found when i ran a more detailed search there are lots of posts regarding this issue. Interestingly ....I found out via other posts that cancelling a match on an apple device doesnt cost you the 200 gold but cancelling the never responding waiting for player state in meltdown on an android device does charge you 200g to not play .... which I knew (other than the platform difference)

HOWEVER if you just exit the game not canceling the neverending wait you keep your 200g