Close

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: v2.9050

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Demnchi View Post
    You will still have to run it as administrator as its trying to install the launcher again in order to update it. When I ran it as admin, like before, I was prompted to install it as if I had just downloaded it again (which I assume the launcher did that for me). Then the game updated and plays as normal. So there still appears to be a permission issue somewhere when it comes to installing the launcher from the launcher.
    I seem to be stuck updating the game PC client. Stops exactly at 35%, at 11.43MB always when updating. Tried reinstalling, running as admin again. No luck. I don't know why.

Last edited by kdane; 05-05-2015 at 10:27 PM.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kdane View Post
    I seem to be stuck updating the game PC client. Stops exactly at 35%, at 11.43MB always when updating. Tried reinstalling, running as admin again. No luck. I don't know why.

I suspect it is trying to overwrite a file that it doesn't have permission to overwrite. When you say you tried reinstalling, does that include completely removing the original first?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi kdane, can you let me know what version of Windows you are using? As a last resort, you can always grab the game files directly at http://cdn.shadowera.com/patcher/pc/ShadowEra.zip but of course we're trying to get it working for everyone although it's proving to be quite a challenge due to all the pesky OS security systems these days.

The web version has been updated to v2.9051 which has a workaround for some Unity 5 bugs preventing the startup, and fixes a few other issues such as not clearing the opponent disconnected flag. It now will only preload your current deck, as the cache in the webplayer is limited to 50mb anyways.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Hi kdane, can you let me know what version of Windows you are using? As a last resort, you can always grab the game files directly at http://cdn.shadowera.com/patcher/pc/ShadowEra.zip but of course we're trying to get it working for everyone although it's proving to be quite a challenge due to all the pesky OS security systems these days.

The web version has been updated to v2.9051 which has a workaround for some Unity 5 bugs preventing the startup, and fixes a few other issues such as not clearing the opponent disconnected flag. It now will only preload your current deck, as the cache in the webplayer is limited to 50mb anyways.
    Some players using Win 7 reported the same problom as here. "Run as Administrator" doesn't work for them either.

I'm using Win Vista. It worked out actually because I turned on "User Account Control" then manually allowed a SE-related file to run. There's nothing to do with "Run as Administrator".

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandevmonium View Post
    I still can't reconnect to a single game
    Please expand on this, what do you see happening? And are you sure your internet is restored after a disconnect? I've tested it with using a firewall, network link conditioner utility, pulling out the cable, turning off wireless router, etc on multiple devices and it was working ok for me...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm experiencing a consistent problem that's making the game almost unplayable for me. Occasionally if I try to drag and drop an attack order before an animation is done playing, my client crashes. For instance, using Rothem's ability and then dragging him to attack something before the animation of his ability buffing the weapon plays out will result in a crash. Sometimes it will crash just trying to attack something.
    Raised in Exile. Trained in Kiptergarten. Mastering the ways of SE one step at a time.

Long live the Queen...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Yes, that's the intention. The old way of caching was leaving files open, which hit the 250 file open limit on iOS.
    Thanks a lot!
    This is a good new to my iPhone 4s.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Please expand on this, what do you see happening? And are you sure your internet is restored after a disconnect? I've tested it with using a firewall, network link conditioner utility, pulling out the cable, turning off wireless router, etc on multiple devices and it was working ok for me...
    I was playing a game yesterday and I my opponent was stuck during his sac phase... I thought maybe someone DCed so I checked my status and it displayed my info (XP, gold, rating, score, etc) as usual instead of "error contacting the server". So I thought I was OK but after I while I got my defeat screen.
    Then there are crashes; I experienced lot of them woth latest android version and when I get back into the game I can't continue because I have a game already in progress.
    So reconnect has been an epic fail so far for me

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandevmonium View Post
    I was playing a game yesterday and I my opponent was stuck during his sac phase... I thought maybe someone DCed so I checked my status and it displayed my info (XP, gold, rating, score, etc) as usual instead of "error contacting the server". So I thought I was OK but after I while I got my defeat screen.
    Then there are crashes; I experienced lot of them woth latest android version and when I get back into the game I can't continue because I have a game already in progress.
    So reconnect has been an epic fail so far for me
    Do your crashes have anything in common with each other?
    Raised in Exile. Trained in Kiptergarten. Mastering the ways of SE one step at a time.

Long live the Queen...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    They are probably due to RAM consumption. I decided to kill all apps and then Shadow Era was back in action after several null tries