Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Aquiring the Legendaries

Hi remaining forum goers,

I was wondering what the best way to acquire Karlstrad or Scourge Colossus is.
    For example, is there a certain time I ought to be checking the merchant or is should I just be checking every waking moment of every waking day?
    Am I better off buying packs instead? I bought the April foils deal, and didn't get them, so I feel like I must be very unlucky (or not skilled enough at opening packs). Is it worth trying again? Although I'm not too keen on sinking more money in right now...

Of course if this has already been discussed to death, it's be great if someone pointed me to the right forum post (I only did a cursory search)!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you want the Heroes you can buy the Anthology pack, both are in there (with a couple of exclusive alt-art cards). (EDIT: silly me, just saw you're looking for the allies! )

For the allies, I think your best best is stalking the merchant, but I wouldn't hold my breath. There is no 'strategy' AFAIK unless you know someone willing to sell some copies (but that isn't foolproof either).
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wulven has run 'Pick a card' sales in the past but it doesn't look active right now.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Legendaries of shadow era game ain't legendary IMO .. not that cool to be so hard to get , if they were epic no one was gonna say ohh how OP .. its just the difficulty of getting them whom makes u feel they're legendary .. IMO only loest is near legendary but no so legend tho even
    IN GAME NAME : A1 Ragosonos

A1's BRUTAL MINOTAUR

Ultimately proud EX-member of A1 leadership

My famous 320+ rated builds :

rag-ajiya
    meta destruction threbin
    competitive blood fang
    zhanna control
    banebow control

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you're willing to wait til 3.0, I (and I'm sure others) will sell/trade the foil versions.
    IGN: RS Kohen Gadol

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah I had a feeling it was just going to be blind luck :P
    I never felt the need to get them with the pick a card in the past as they weren't that powerful, however now that I have enough gold to buy any card I could want it irks me that I can't get them. Especially after playing a game against someone with a foil Karlstrad that they got from an april foils pack. Also I feel like making some kind kind of hasted Karlstrad rush deck with a load of cheap allies, but I can't do it

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kohen Gadol View Post
    If you're willing to wait til 3.0, I (and I'm sure others) will sell/trade the foil versions.
    Thanks for the offer!
    We'll probably be waiting a long time though... my money is on early to mid 2016...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you can top the leader board in score for quick match or meltdown, you get rewarded with foil versions of the legendaries you seek

More details in my sig

Good luck!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm not sure if this is happening just because the legendries are momentarily available by the Merchant, however, I have noticed that the legendary allies do not regularly show up when browsing cards from the Merchant. For instance, if you were to edit the filter and view all cards from the Prophesy expansion, you won’t find either Karlstrad or Scourge Colossus. However, if you use the search option and search for either Karlstrad or Scourge Colossus, both are there and available for purchase. Rather pricey too, IMO.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by lexicon View Post
    I'm not sure if this is happening just because the legendries are momentarily available by the Merchant, however, I have noticed that the legendary allies do not regularly show up when browsing cards from the Merchant. For instance, if you were to edit the filter and view all cards from the Prophesy expansion, you won’t find either Karlstrad or Scourge Colossus. However, if you use the search option and search for either Karlstrad or Scourge Colossus, both are there and available for purchase. Rather pricey too, IMO.
    If they don't show up they're sold out. If you search for them and buy them it'll tell you they're sold out.
    The legends are crap anyway.
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง
    Justiciar of the Audacious
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." -- Author Unknown
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง