Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Fastema deckbuilder

http://shadowera.fastema.it

A big thanks goes to 17 members, who helped me loading cards data into the website and suggested me few adjustments.
    First of all this new deck builder is still tablet-friendly. I find it harder to use it from smartphone than the old one though, small screen device is a great cripple. While PC is still usable by the way... of course swipe functionality is not designed for it, but you can live with that.
    And it's monolithic, with all his pros and cons. You have got all you need in one page, while the old one was split between "pick the hero" -> "make the deck" -> "display the deck".
    You start with a random hero and a random theme, then you can add cards to your deck by clicking on them. First click means card selection, subsequent clicks add 1x of that card.

And here's a summary of all other options.

Top bar (from left to right)
    Hero picker - here you can pick the hero you want to make a deck for.
    Or you can choose "Random" and let the deck builder choose for you (0.001% useful function, I know )
    Then there's "Meltdown" mode. Of course you can make decks without restrictions there, and images loading will be a bit slower due to the greater number of cards involved.
    And "Sealed", a nice tool to arrange sealed tournaments. You can choose an arbitrary CotC/DP/SF split of booster packs or provide a code that someone sent you. You can make a deck with sealed cards even if you didn't get the hero you want in your booster packs, but you will get a warning.
    Info button - A very brief pop-up about deck builder functionalities.
    Login / logout - You can create a profile if you provide a new nickname, or login using an existing one. Once you're logged in you can also save/load deck lists.
    Recap button (or left swipe) - You open the recap panel.

Recap panel (from left to right)
    Copy deck - your deck list becomes ready to be copy&pasted.
    Link - a pop-up gives you a link to share the deck.
    Save - you can save up to 8 decks into your profile if needed.
    Stats - a simple casting cost graph... not the greatest source of stats but maybe I will try to improve it. At least I may have satisfied Hiro8emon who desperately wanted it 2 years ago

Top page filters
    There're the usual casting cost and expansion filters. The tribe/purpose filter doesn't search into card texts, but it's limited to card attributes we found relevant while you want to make a specific deck.

Bottom bar (from left to right)
    Card info - It opens a pop-up displaying card text, rarity, gold cost, excetera
    Add - 1x more for that card
    Drop - 1x less
    Options - you can change deck builder color; between red, green and blue for now. Or you can load previously saved decks.
    Zoom in/out - You manage card pictures size with these 2 buttons

This deck builder may still have bugs appearing here and there, and other tweaks are needed. So comments or suggestions are greatly welcome.
    I hope you enjoy it, and that you can save there as many winning decks as you can

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thx for sharing

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Fastema deckbuilder

This is awesome! Very intuitive, simple and clean. Everything you need in a deckbuilder, this will be my builder of choice from now on!

My only suggestion would be to maybe have the casting cost chart and list as part of the main interface so it's readily there at a glance. It's not a necessary thing, but would certainly put some icing on the cake :3
    Last edited by Ross013; 04-28-2015 at 11:44 PM.
    Ross014 - Intrepid Learner of Secrets
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's amazing! Much better than what we had for mobile for now (very good on a nexus 5 phone) I especially like the fact that you get to build all foils decks
    Member of Supreme Legion

We are legion, For we are many
    IGN: SL Jacelkos

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Great effort Pandev!
    And I know it's only getting better every day
    ~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~~~-~~-~~-~~-~~-~~

IGN: 17 Shining

1lluminati in 7enebris

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahiri View Post
    Great effort Pandev!
    And I know it's only getting better every day
    Fast, Foil & Work in progress!
    Need feedback! Up! Up! Up!
    IGN: 17 indastria
    Telegram contact: @indastria

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Very very good Pandev!!!!!
    IGN: 17 ScoP
    1lluminati in 7enebris

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Playing around with the sealed tool. It would be nice if it showed all the cards in your current pool (instead of per hero) and quantities of said cards (currently it just shows the cards and you find out how many you can use by adding it and seeing when it greys out)
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you login you can now save up to 15 decks instead of previous 8. You need to clear browser cache if you want to be sure you are using the latest version of the deck builder.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross013 View Post
    My only suggestion would be to maybe have the casting cost chart and list as part of the main interface so it's readily there at a glance. It's not a necessary thing, but would certainly put some icing on the cake :3
    I changed a bit the right panel... now it will stay up until you swipe towards right or you click the new button "Close". Cards are then arranged to occupy less space when the panel is on.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross013 View Post
    Playing around with the sealed tool. It would be nice if it showed all the cards in your current pool (instead of per hero) and quantities of said cards (currently it just shows the cards and you find out how many you can use by adding it and seeing when it greys out)
    The sealed tool right now is a normal deck-builder in disguise. That's one of current bugs, and not even the greatest one
    Providing your sealed card pool is in the TODO list, it's a feature that I will have to introduce. I just gotta find some time to work on it and space in the layout.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If I knew more about coding I'd offer a helping hand, unfortunately my coding knowledge is somewhat basic (particularly scripting)
    Greatness, Reborn