Close

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Europe Regional (Winter 2012) Champion jacqui's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jayceemp View Post
    I don't know exactly what happened, but according to ronny_008@yahoo.com's post ppstar was banned from the general chat room not the tournament chat (created by samj), so Caitlyn didn't do anything to prevent him from participating in the tourney.

I think irc is just not as convenient for mobile users as telegram. An in game chat room would be ideal, but telegram is probably the next best thing.
    Apologies. Correction: kip thorp banned him from tournament room. Caitlyn banned him from general chat. Regardless, the point remains the same.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Telegram is way easier for me than IRC. It doesn't DC during every match :/

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuelJ View Post
    Telegram is way easier for me than IRC. It doesn't DC during every match :/
    If you're on iOS, use irccloud, it get a rounds apples weird policies and stuff for background apps, and it also allows you to save your settings to an account so you just log in to IRC cloud from any device, and it will be exactly the same
    Ross014 - Intrepid Learner of Secrets
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why can't everybody just get along?

It's just a game.

And I love all of you

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jacqui View Post
    Apologies. Correction: kip thorp banned him from tournament room. Caitlyn banned him from general chat. Regardless, the point remains the same.
    Thanks man, that's big of you to correct, that!

Hey Catz and Kittenz,
    I'm brining this up in telegram, and I might just pop into irc again, to what everybody there has to say, because I can't get banned from an empty room anymore ( that's the A1 irc room, just in case your curious!).
    But the issue is not the same at all , different app, different time, not even official, so welcome to a free world kids, because, it ain't going away.

@Stormshade, you bring valid concerns , but irc (unless you are using the one created by Gondorian). Is not official either, Wulven will, still sponsor tourneys, and I don't think he cares if you get in touch with your opponent with , irc, telegram, email, phone call, or maybe screaming over your back fence- if ya live close enough- it's not the form of communication, it's how it's used. (And that is what happened here) Telegram is just another option.

Again, I invite any member of the telegram community , guild member or not , to please feel free to make your thoughts or concerns known, I'm happy to repond to them all.

SE telegram is brought to you By the good people of A1, but is for everybody.
    Join us
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    well, this has been interesting

here is a question though... who has admin rights of the irc shadowera chat?

now on to the important stuff, maybe before accusations are made, the facts should be known. i did not kick PP Star from the chats because of the conversation he had with another player and what was said. that was a private chat between the two of them. i kicked him for sharing that conversation with others for the purpose of discreditting this other person, making fun of him and in general, to make this person feel like crap. he didnt even show all of the chat, just the paarts that made the other person look really bad. and basically, PP Star did it to bully this person. that person, then came online to the telegram chats and was immediatly made fun of. this person then quit all chats, feeling so bad and basically left the SE community.

THAT is why i kicked PP Star out of he chats.

as for getting PP Stars side of the story, i did, i had a long 1 and half hour chat with him. he started it very abusively, but he was mad because i had already removed him, so ok. at first, i originally stated he could come back if he apologized to the SE community and admitted he was wrong. if did that he could come back... near the end of the of the conversation, i changed that and asked only that he admit he was wrong. and he actually did. he could of come back to the chats but he decided not to.

he choose to leave.

now, i am not gonna let people abuse and bully others so much that they want to leave the chats and the game. it really had nothing to do with their private chat. i cannot moderate those. but sharing those chats with others and in public to bully another person into submission... not gonna happen.

these chats are for everyone and everyone is welcome but i am not gonna allow people to abuse others. if you think that is unreasonable, then i do not know what else to say.
    Last edited by Caitlyn0; 04-27-2015 at 10:50 PM.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ok. Just as a quick summary :

Pro TG:
    -Better usability on mobile / ios
    -Chronic

Pro irc:
    -"Not guild affiliated"
    -client can be chosen (and no worries about privacy - I mean if a program like this is for "free" there is a given chance it'll become spoiled in one way or the other.... ^^)

Did I miss something?
    Twisted Marrow the Prophet of Mayhem
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    irc channels are still guild affiliated, just depends on who creates them and who they gave mod powers too
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormshade View Post
    In my opinion IRC is still the best option. IRC is not dead, just bare from everyone leaving to join telegram. I still don't feel comfortable with the idea tournaments are being ran in now what makes sense, the a1 tournament chat. I strongly feel it still needs to ran in the IRC tournament. RS, and other guilds aren't hosting these wulven sponsored events in their own private chats, what's the difference running it in A1 private community channel. Is there a way when hosting these tournaments that both channels can be an option. Not everyone is going to want to be on telegram. And is there a way that all guilds can still be open to still use both A1 private community and IRC, and still raise the activity and awareness of both channels. I would like a middle ground if there can be one. I myself didn't like telegram, though I can see why so many do. Also thanks for clearing up a lot of questions and concerns so many of us in RS, and other people other guilds had as well. Still want your opinions and to weigh further on this matter. Thanks all that have so far
    So maybe youre new here...I dunno. I dont recognize you so im going out on a limb and saying that IRC was dying WAAAAY before Se room in Telegram took off. And a bunch of people saying, hello. And then 10 mins later someone saying , Hi, does not qualify as being alive, lol
    IGN A1 WrathOfCroft

The Unique Never Assimilate

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I kind of find this a bit back assed that this is a "we should go back to IRC" thread but with included controversy about a certain members poor behavior so we don't ignore the thread.
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง
    Justiciar of the Audacious
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." -- Author Unknown
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง