Close

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    SE's community is so small, we barely have any drama.

FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by FDL View Post
    SE's community is so small, we barely have any drama.

well, maybe if you came around over on telegram more, there would be more
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Just my opinion as a new member of this community, on the IRC vs Telegram. I ve used both ever since i got here and the only time i ever and will ever, log on to that ancient, unfriendly, laggy and ugly platform, such as the irc, is because some of the popups are hosted there, so i am forced to. My eyes and my head hurt everytime im done there and i really wish people would just let it die already and move on..

I enjoy being on telegram, i find it great, easy to use and more practical. Pop ups made there, were also way better, in my opinion. I think the guild affiliation as an argument against a platform 10 times better than the other, is weak and funny. Frankly if there wasnt a telegram SE room & tournament room, this game would have lost a lot of points with me and i might had less interest to continue playing this game. A game chat is really importand to any game and since this one offers none, i personally, am gratefull to Caitlyn and Kip for taking this initiative and provide the community with an alternative.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by WrathOfCroft View Post
    Kudos to RS for molding you so quickly.
    Ohi's response was not proper (and kudos to rag for reacting the way he did); he's still quite young and he'll figure it out eventually. You on the other hand dear woc are a family man yet you felt it appropriate to attack a community of 35-36 members..shall we say kudos to a1 for having you? Dude feel free to PM me if you wanna get anything off your chest regarding the whole A1 & RS matter, if not just let it be cause it's getting really old now.

Anywayz, I couldn't care less whether the communication medium is X or Y..what I personally find strange is having a company who're just complete bystanders in a situation where their (small) online community is being split into multiple communication channels. Maybe this doesn't concern them at all and we should just completely remove Wulven from the equation?

Concerning the ban itself, I would have honestly done the same as Cait did having all the facts in hand (and I might have been less nice about it); nonetheless I do not agree in having another guild's representative holding the reigns (and that would be the case no matter which guild is doing that..just to be clear); I do not even believe that Cait (or Kip) would abuse their powers cause a) I've known them for a long time in a1 and I don't think they would do that and b) doing so would certainly lead to a community outcry so it wouldn't be the smartest move.

But, it's the principle of the matter; just like the forums here are moderated by neutral parties (gondorian, various community managers who're also obliged to hold a neutral stance) I believe the same should be applied to whichever chatting medium ends up being used for this game. Furthermore, having neutral parties as mods removes (hopefully) all possible hints of guild-affiliated controversy down the road whenever hard decisions need to be made.

I hope I managed to stay as unbiased as possible, considering I've been an A1 member for 3-4 years and now in RS..thanks for reading

P.S. I found IRC to be stupid and outdated back when I joined A1 in..what 2011-2012? Yet it was perfectly fine and very active with very interesting & productive discussions..What's my point? Don't blame the technology but the game itself :/
    Last edited by ayaribas; 04-28-2015 at 12:16 AM.
    RS Ayaribas - OlivTree
    High council member

Who we are & how to join us:
    Rising Sun guild thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    and who mods irc? the main shadowera channel was run by A1 back in the day... who mods it now?
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ayaribas: nice to see you ole friend.

I agree, neither chat platform is totally sanctioned or supported by the "Game"

But we are trying to do the best that we can, with the tools at hand.
    Thank you.
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Okay, I stopped reading this after reaching page 2.

1) Anyone who doesn't like how a non official room is run, feel free to go back and babysit the crickets in IRC.

2) Who gives a flying shit if there's a room limit in Telegram? When was the last time that participant size limit was relevant to anything in IRC? Oh yeah, never, since there have been about 200 lines of typed dialogue there in the past year - or didn't you notice, we all left that thirty year old piece of shit for a reason...

3) I'm sure there is NO correlation between the facts that the banned person was a probationary member of the same guild as this thread's OP, and said guild is one that has an history/enmity with the guild Caitlyn now runs.

Hmm.

TL;DR
    Too disenchanted with Telegram? IRC is still the "official" (dead) medium for Shadow Era - go revitalize it with your presence!
    Last edited by BlanketEffect; 04-28-2015 at 01:27 AM.
    -Doctor of Philosophy, A1 Alliance - Evolution in theory
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Santa Bomb ©2011, Lamb Slam & Feedbomb ©2012 - All rights reserved

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

We are all one mind, capable of all imagined, and all conceivable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ayaribas View Post
    Ohi's response was not proper (and kudos to rag for reacting the way he did); he's still quite young and he'll figure it out eventually. You on the other hand dear woc are a family man yet you felt it appropriate to attack a community of 35-36 members..shall we say kudos to a1 for having you? Dude feel free to PM me if you wanna get anything off your chest regarding the whole A1 & RS matter, if not just let it be cause it's getting really old now.

Anywayz, I couldn't care less whether the communication medium is X or Y..what I personally find strange is having a company who're just complete bystanders in a situation where their (small) online community is being split into multiple communication channels. Maybe this doesn't concern them at all and we should just completely remove Wulven from the equation?

Concerning the ban itself, I would have honestly done the same as Cait did having all the facts in hand (and I might have been less nice about it); nonetheless I do not agree in having another guild's representative holding the reigns (and that would be the case no matter which guild is doing that..just to be clear); I do not even believe that Cait (or Kip) would abuse their powers cause a) I've known them for a long time in a1 and I don't think they would do that and b) doing so would certainly lead to a community outcry so it wouldn't be the smartest move.

But, it's the principle of the matter; just like the forums here are moderated by neutral parties (gondorian, various community managers who're also obliged to hold a neutral stance) I believe the same should be applied to whichever chatting medium ends up being used for this game. Furthermore, having neutral parties as mods removes (hopefully) all possible hints of guild-affiliated controversy down the road whenever hard decisions need to be made.

I hope I managed to stay as unbiased as possible, considering I've been an A1 member for 3-4 years and now in RS..thanks for reading

P.S. I found IRC to be stupid and outdated back when I joined A1 in..what 2011-2012? Yet it was perfectly fine and very active with very interesting & productive discussions..What's my point? Don't blame the technology but the game itself :/
    My bad dude. You are right. I should have phrased that differently. Kudos to Jacqui for molding you so quickly.

Just like one of your members doesnt reflect the entirety of your guild's opinions, my opinions in no way reflect the opinions of A1 Inc. No need to pm you anything, sir. Ill air my grievances on the subject at hand in public.
    IGN A1 WrathOfCroft

The Unique Never Assimilate

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn0 View Post
    well, maybe if you came around over on telegram more, there would be more
    Seriously, we have one obnoxious kid, one rude guy, a couple of bad breakups and a handful of cheaters.

We're tamer than a 1994 posh English boarding school 8th grade class book club. The week they read a Babysitters novel.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    IN PUBLIC

That's why this whole thing came about. Telegram and irc (imo). Should never be abused to bully or try to start drama, in public.
    Anything you wanna say in private, is fine , but do not bring that out in public to try and support your position on something. It will always be edited to help the person brining it forward, not entirely intentional every time, but the distinct possibility is there.

No private convo can be completely supported without all posts in a specific timeline being presented.
    So don't do it!

Telegram , SE General chat, is completely public, there is NO guild affiliation or special consideration. ANYBODY , who abuses it , bullies another , detracts from the game and the community can and will be removed. The fun thing there is, if you do it all in public, then the whole PUBLIC COMMUNITY, can get involved. Do the same in private and try to go public with it and you are suspect , as much as the one you are saying wronged you.

Again , Telegram SE chat is simply another way to get involved with the SE community. It is open to all and will continue to be.
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread