Close

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jacqui View Post
    To the issue of banning players from chat, I cannot speak to the justification of said ban since I have not seen both sides of the story. However, what is known is said player was signed up to play in a tournament and could not do so. He was not banned from participating in tournaments by Wulven. He was banned from participating by Caitlyn by virtue of not being able to use the platform on which the tournament was being held. Which begs the question, are we to make tournaments with certain players banned from participating?
    I don't know exactly what happened, but according to ronny_008@yahoo.com's post ppstar was banned from the general chat room not the tournament chat (created by samj), so Caitlyn didn't do anything to prevent him from participating in the tourney.

I think irc is just not as convenient for mobile users as telegram. An in game chat room would be ideal, but telegram is probably the next best thing.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree only SE officials should decide to ban exclude etc..
    RS Ebony Devil

Rising Sun Member

Learn more about how to become the next champion by joining the best guild in Shadow Era.

Rising Sun is currently accepting applications from players of all experience levels. Click http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....n-Guild-Thread to find out more.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohi2222 View Post
    I think wulven should be kicking/banning him instead of caitlyn. She is just a player or a guild leader, she doesn't wield the power of banning any other player from shadow era's public chat imo
    If you guys read, the OP on the telegram thread (wtitten by lil ole me! ). You will see that I specificatly state that you cannot abuse other player, that includes taking a private chat and distributing that to other members, much less the general public. I actually say, Be nice. Or your approximation of Nice. Some such babble.

Why does Cailtyn have control of the SE telegram room, why does Kip have control of the SE tourney room? Simple , We asked permission and started it. It is not a guild thing? Any guild can (and has) started thier own telegram chat rooms, for SE, for MmDoC, for HS, the list goes on.

Oh , and it's not " Official SE Chat"..... It was only officially given the ok , to try, it worked. (who knew?). Feel free to go to irc, whatsapp, lime, friking Instagram, if you wish.
    A1 decided to try something new, and guess what , it worked. If you notice , this is the first ban, and who's to say it's permanent? I've not heard from the banned member, perhaps he should try communicating w me? I might be able to get them reinstated, and I would.

But here's the deal kids, We started it, we love the fact that it had grown to over 150 members , and for the most part it's a whole lot of fun. SE Gerneral chat was brought to you by "The good people of A1" in the hopes of brining our gaming community closer and keeping the game fresh (as possible).

But we are not " Official". It's not your only option, and We will not let it be abused to length it was. ( You wanna beat the verbal crap outta each other privately , go for it! But once you make that public, or try to use it against someone, then there's a problem. If you have a private convo, keep it that way. )

So. be nice, have fun, and if you have a problem , come chat w me or any other your comfortable with, We are not trying to Mod this very much, and we haven't. But rest assured, we are there and we are watching.

I'm Kip Thorp and I approve this message!
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    TL;DR: don't be an ass and not expect consequences
    Ross014 - Intrepid Learner of Secrets
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohi2222 View Post
    Ragosonos if you don't understand my point I give up. I don't have the mood or patience or time to argue with you. However its nice to see how you are defending her.
    Kudos to RS for molding you so quickly.
    IGN A1 WrathOfCroft

The Unique Never Assimilate

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jacqui View Post
    To the issue of banning players from chat, I cannot speak to the justification of said ban since I have not seen both sides of the story. However, what is known is said player was signed up to play in a tournament and could not do so. He was not banned from participating in tournaments by Wulven. He was banned from participating by Caitlyn by virtue of not being able to use the platform on which the tournament was being held. Which begs the question, are we to make tournaments with certain players banned from participating?

To the issue of Telegram having a member cap. The member cap alone is not big enough to hold the likes of BP or KA, which are single guilds let alone the entire SE community. It's not a matter of *if* the member cap is reached but *when.* And if/when the entire SE community decides to use Telegram, who gets to determine who is welcome and who isn't? This fact alone is enough to warrant the continued use of IRC over Telegram. To the misinformation about IRC having a cap, it doesn't. There are currently 855 users online in ##math as I write this.

To the claims of IRC being "outdated" and Telegram being "better," they are purely subjective at best. It can just as easily be said that IRC is better and Telegram is not user friendly. No argument can be made against either since it comes down to personal preference.

To the issue of logging in after every match using IRC. I would recommend using IRCCloud. It saves login information and chatroom/chat history. Problem solved.
    You have opposed it from the very beginning, young buck. Telegram is better for the game and as a teaching tool simply for the ability to screenshot share so easily...and thats not subjective....thats fact. Look. PPStar is an ass bag and everyone knows it. He deserved to get kicked. Its Caitlyn's room so if she wants to ban someone for being a dickhead then she is well within her rights to do so. I left the SE room cuz its TOO busy...I dont think I could have ever said that about IRC....EVER.
    IGN A1 WrathOfCroft

The Unique Never Assimilate

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormshade View Post
    Question I still have is did anyone get PPstars side of the story? Also if telegram is where the majority is weighing towards should it be ran by wulven authority, or by Trust that A1 will always be fair and biased. Also I have no issues with IRC . It's not ancient, it's not dead. I also strongly feel imo that the community did not really have any say either to weigh in this matter before A1 started to announce that Telegram is the main community hub to chat in. I hope to see more weigh in on this matter. Thanks

Yes as a matter of fact, we have the whole conversation ( the private one), and funny thing, what was forwarded by Mr Star, only included derogatory comments by the other member of this conversation. ( nice editing! ) but actually , we have most of the timeline, and all the nasty stuff that should have been kept private.

And that was the whole problem, it's not an A1 room Stormshade, it is and always will be for the community, I'm glad I'm seeing your concerns , I respect your thoughts, feel free to query me on Telegram , We did this with full permission from SE , and we have never said it's the main SE chat . (But it kinda turned out that way! Lol) btw, I'm not worried about the 200 member limit? If that actually happens we will start "SE General chat 2". And people can bounce, if need be.

And I see a lot of concern from RS members, I would like to invite other guild members with their concerns to chime in?
    It is an open community based room, not like I'm gonna kick anybody out because they don't agree w me. Hell, I catch more crap on the SE!
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I read most comments and am thoroughly enjoying all of the praise for the tournament room. I must confess however, I think that it was Mr. Kip Thorp that created the room but I will gladly continue to take compliments :P

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In my opinion IRC is still the best option. IRC is not dead, just bare from everyone leaving to join telegram. I still don't feel comfortable with the idea tournaments are being ran in now what makes sense, the a1 tournament chat. I strongly feel it still needs to ran in the IRC tournament. RS, and other guilds aren't hosting these wulven sponsored events in their own private chats, what's the difference running it in A1 private community channel. Is there a way when hosting these tournaments that both channels can be an option. Not everyone is going to want to be on telegram. And is there a way that all guilds can still be open to still use both A1 private community and IRC, and still raise the activity and awareness of both channels. I would like a middle ground if there can be one. I myself didn't like telegram, though I can see why so many do. Also thanks for clearing up a lot of questions and concerns so many of us in RS, and other people other guilds had as well. Still want your opinions and to weigh further on this matter. Thanks all that have so far

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Both channels at the same time to host a tournament clarify, not just one