Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Lyrian Diplomat vs COI + midnight sentinal

TJ Segalion vs A1 Jojoxman

I had a COI in play and then played Midnight sentinal on him (giving ambush + 2 health)
    the next turn oponent used corecion on him
    the next turn opponent summoned Lyrian diplomat targeting the COI
    On the turn the diplomat was summoned COI lost his ability + the Ambush (i attacked his ally and he retaliated)
    Still on the next turn i attacked his hero which was equipped with Anklebreaker and Ambush was not present (meaning it seems he lost ambush for good)

Is that correct behavior?
    In the beginning the Universe was created.
    This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

IGN: TJ Segalion - Green Creatures from other planets can also go Juggernauts !

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    That should not have happened and I can't see why it would have happened.

I've just checked the code and Midnight Sentinel grants a permanent Ambush, which will stay with CoI until he leaves play. LD will temporarily turn off all his passive abilities, including the Ambush, but when LD's effect ends, the Ambush will be working again. Beyond this, I've just tested the exact situation you describe and CoI had the Ambush when it attacked into the hero, and the hero did not defend with Anklebreaker.

My suspicion is that something else was in play there. Unfortunately, the replay is too old for me to watch, but at least you have a Ruling on it now.