Close

Thread: Discard Praxix

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Discard Praxix

This is my take on Discard Praxix. I use Bad Santa to mill both decks while making the opponent discard with Redux Channel(one of my favorite cards now), Reverberate, Harbinger and Shadow Font to fuel Prax's ability. I mainly use Mimic to replay Bad Santa, it can also bring back any of the other abilities in the deck other then Shadow Font, making Mimic a very useful card. Enjoy! http://deck.shadowera.net/fates/show...2f4u42b4f45555
    IGN: E2E Brandon
    My first 5 turns usually play out like this.
    T1:Sac/Ahil
    T2:Redux/BS/Harbinger
    T3:Reverberate
    T4:Prax's ability/Redux/BS/Harbinger/Falseblood into Brimstone/Reactarory
    T5:SF/Prax's ability/x2Redux/Ahil/x2BS/Ahil/x2Harbinger/Ahil/MC/Falseblood into Brimstone/Reactarory(if none of the other options are available or if you need to kill/deal dmg to an ally)
    In the first 5 turns you usually have the option to:
    *Make opp discard 17 cards from his/her deck, have a 2/3 ally and draw 2 extra cards.
    *Draw up to 12 cards for opp and up to 14 for me, make opp discard 10 cards from his/her deck.
    *Make opp discard 12 cards from his/her deck, have 4 2/3 allies(only if your lucky!) and draw 2 extra cards.
    *On T4 you could use Prax's ability+Falseblood/Brimstone to kill/dmg a fatty and discard 5 cards from his/her deck or use his ability to help kill an ally and play Falseblood/Reactarory for board presence while making opp discard 5 cards from his/her deck. These are just a few of the possible turns that I have experienced with this deck.
    This deck can be tricky when it comes to knowing what to sac and when. It has trouble with rush type decks and decks over 50 cards in size can be troublesome as well. I can usually play/mimic a soul reaper when my health is low and spam BS/Mimic and any discard cards I get, by this time both decks are usually wiped out and I can Ahil for the win. This is a fun deck to play but i'm not sure how competitive it is yet. I hope this helps :^)

P.S. I never use Redux Channels secondary ability unless that extra 2 dmg is all I need for the win, which has never happened yet! I use it to make opp discard 2 cards from there deck for 2cc and thats it.
    Last edited by Prop215; 05-04-2015 at 04:39 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Very similar to my praxis deck. are you having much luck with it? I seem to lose a little more than half the time with praxis. Maybe I'm bad at using praxis. Praxis is fun to use though.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I can't seem to get this Praxis discard moving very well either. It seems like everything comes in bursts, and is not consistent enough through what needs to be a long game.

If anyone knows of a way to burn your opponents deck out, in say 7 out of 10 games. Please give me a hint as to how you are doing this. I'm just not seeing it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by highmystica View Post
    Praxis is fun to use though.
    Praxix is a lot of fun to play with! trying to make him more competitive though.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You need to:
    a.Have more cards then your opponent.
    b.Survive till the end.

So either have more cards then him or make him discard more:
    1. reverberate with discard (temporal disturbance and such)
    2. infinity core
    3. eternal renewal
    4. transference
    5. redux channel
    etc.
    The problem though... Let's say you use some of the above but most of the time you won't make it to the end, since by concentrating on the draw you will lose board control.
    I have ~60 card Praxix but i can't get over 235 and completely useless vs rush decks. I am trying combinations of all of the above but vs serious players they have 2-3 allies on turn 6 which is GG realistically unless i start drawing mind control ...
    IMHO, early board control is the answer.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Having a winning Praxix deck is the same as a Bigfoot sighting; people claim it exists, but I have never seen one.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Take away the discard theme and you would be super competitive

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Praxix discard is not like Millstalker, building a good Mill Praxix is tough.
    I would suggest treating the discarding as assistance to another win condition, not the main one.
    There are times I'll make up words and slip them into conversations just to see if anyone is actually protempifying to what I'm saying. - I'm not normal

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If someone has a currently competitive Praxix deck, please post because I have tried a few without success ( unless you count beating the AI a success)!

BNM

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I gotcha. Mine is 16-2 currently will post