Close

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Look at it this way...if one of the reasons bb is decent vs mages is soul seeker, then giving everyone health back would be really harmful
    ETC

ENJOY THINK CREATE

I'm an ETC newbie so please underestimate me (I like advantages )

“I'm awesome.”-Me

Senior Member Pteronophobic Wizard's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jcbow View Post
    Look at it this way...if one of the reasons bb is decent vs mages is soul seeker, then giving everyone health back would be really harmful
    It isn't that banebow is good against mages; he is good against rush. Mages just happen to almost always play rush because they have lots of direct damage and a strong early game with aldon, priest of light, etc. If a mage plays cards like aeon and nathan, banebow is suddenly a relatively easy matchup.

The whole point is to make a card that wouldn't help rush builds that are looking for the fireball to finish you off.

What do people think of it if you get rid of the resource destruction? "1se: draw two cards and opposing heros heal three damage"?

This is the kind of thing that would be really strong in a control deck, such as a priest. Mages have cards like transmog curse, consuming fear, and portal and i think a card like this would fit in great with that kind of deck, while being useless to the typical rush eladwyn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hmm, I lost a bunch of matches over the last 2 days and they didn't rely on the cards you mentioned. Personally I think all the cards a rather balanced. I doubt wulven is gonna change CotC - they printed the actual physical cards, don't see prophecies getting a change either (no idea if wulven has printed them). SF can be changed, but from my own experience I find them all really balanced. I don't want this game to get endless errata and banned cards like magic has. Can't believe I lost a match to logan. Good sign if logan can be useful.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oh wait Carmilla is banned

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Pteronophobic Wizard View Post
    It isn't that banebow is good against mages; he is good against rush. Mages just happen to almost always play rush because they have lots of direct damage and a strong early game with aldon, priest of light, etc. If a mage plays cards like aeon and nathan, banebow is suddenly a relatively easy matchup.

The whole point is to make a card that wouldn't help rush builds that are looking for the fireball to finish you off.

What do people think of it if you get rid of the resource destruction? "1se: draw two cards and opposing heros heal three damage"?

This is the kind of thing that would be really strong in a control deck, such as a priest. Mages have cards like transmog curse, consuming fear, and portal and i think a card like this would fit in great with that kind of deck, while being useless to the typical rush eladwyn.
    For Control tools as a Mage, you have:

Supernova that kills you.
    Fireball that usually needs something else in order to work.
    Lightning Strike that definitely needs something else in order to work.
    Transmogrification Curse that cannot be used twice on the same guy.
    Consuming Fear that is fine but is bad against anything that has a relevant passive.

Not to mention you have no good ways to effectively remove draw engines or other sources of card advantage your opponents will play against you. That means you are trying to go for the late-game for no reason.
    Last edited by Airact; 04-23-2015 at 06:30 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    For Control tools as a Mage, you have:

Supernova that kills you.
    Fireball that usually needs something else in order to work.
    Lightning Strike that definitely needs something else in order to work.
    Transmogrification Curse that cannot be used twice on the same guy.
    Consuming Fear that is fine but is bad against anything that has a relevant passive.

Not to mention you have no good ways to effectively remove draw engines or other sources of card advantage your opponents will play against you. That means you are trying to go for the late-game for no reason.
    Bp chamthabo had a pretty decent portal nishaven a while back that was more on the control side (very little direct damage)

Sorcerer of endia acts as your item destruction when combined with transmog curse. Can also use abilities of nishaven, eladwyn, and loest as more control, board wipe that won't hurt you, or draw killer. You can also use transmog curse twice on the same guy if you destroy the item with sorcerer.

This would give that kind of build the best draw engine in the game (wizents staff that draws twice as much) and I think it would make it much more viable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't think the Human side has that many cards you can use with Portal. It should work out if the deck can drop allies as removal spells when Portal is up but when you need to Lightning Strike + a guy to kill things, Portal doesn't really give us an advantage.

It could work if the allies you can Portal out are good enough.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    I don't think the Human side has that many cards you can use with Portal. It should work out if the deck can drop allies as removal spells when Portal is up but when you need to Lightning Strike + a guy to kill things, Portal doesn't really give us an advantage.

It could work if the allies you can Portal out are good enough.
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....shadow-crystal!

check this deck out. It is already pretty strong, and I think a really good draw engine like this could make it tier 1. In general I'd just like to encourage more decks like this, and less burn-your-face-off mages.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That seems right about the most boring deck I've ever seen but it doesn't seem bad.

I can see it struggling a bit against bigger dudes because 3 attack from Portal usually isn't that great at killing things on their own. And yeah, I guess it doesn't particularly care about the opponent's life total.