Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

The Buff/Nerf plsplspls Wishlist

This is for version 2.90. Decided to just make a big list instead of a whole bunch of threads clogging the forums.
    I'm going to list cards that the community has been raving about (or anything that you might want to add) and here we can vote whether a card should see change or not.
    Please take these into consideration! I'll have a voting tally up whether you wish that a card should see change, simple yes or no.
    Note: I'm going to provide examples to give you a good idea of what could possibly be changed specifically but some will be just in general.
    Buffs:
    Vozitian Trader 3cc 3/4 - gains +1 atk per item played. Oooh scary ~ no one ever.
    BUFF: 2/5 with the +1 per item.
    WHY: Worse case scenario he grows into a 3/5 or a 4/5 but you can still deal with him to stop him from snowballing. Why isn't this OP you ask? Yari Vanguard is a 3;5 and Cleric of Asyn snowballs harder with item destruction themed decks. Imho I just enjoy the growing attribute pasted on allies.
    Nah: 1 Yeah: 13

Rampant Krygon 3cc 2/1 - he pings stuff but armor ignores him.
    BUFF: 2/2 with the ping.
    WHY: Boom. Changed it. Bring Krygon back!
    Nah: 4 Yeah: 9

Twilight Opportunist 2cc 0/4 - gets +3 and dies next turn.
    BUFF: Make her a 1/4 gets +2 and dies next turn.
    WHY: Not a big change but it allows for twilight to be dropped without being smacked down because she can't fight back. Or at least the avenger thing where she has +1 on your turn or something.
    Nah: 5 Yeah: 9

Amulet of Conjuring 4cc - Draw 3 cards but sustain 1se remove 1 resource and deal 1 dmg.
    BUFF: Just remove the dmg please, its very uneccesary.
    WHY: The sustain and resource kill are fine for keeping the card and the hero from using their ability wildly in check.
    Nah: 3 Yeah: 11

Venomflame Archer 3cc 3/4 - she poisons and burns stuff for 1SE
    BUFF: Change 1SE to cc(?)
    WHY: For the same reasons that Jade falls flat on her face Venomflame costs SE so a change from SE to cc would give her a bit more prescence and not limit the hero ability.
    Nah: 8 Yeah: 4

NERFS

Bloodpack Shaman 2cc 3/1 - he brings himself back infinitely.
    NERF: This card should see a possible change.
    WHY: You know I was going to mention this but when it comes to a point that the only way MS can be beaten is by killing both his draw and 4 of these looping annoyances winning with half my hp gone by turn 5 because of stealth and holding on with 8hp left by sheer luck of my draw is pretty stupid. Self recursion is very powerful for 2cc stall card.
    Nah: 6 Yeah: 8

Sindrarock Apprentice 3cc 2/4 - It's a 4/4. I don't understand.
    NERF: Could it be a 4/4 when another templars is around it or something? That way you'll be able to at least play around it.
    WHY: It used to be when it was alone it became a 4/4 and obv that sucked but now it's a 4/4 cause why not. No ally matches up to it since the 2 extra dmg is basically ambush so its ridiculous that the only way to remove this is by direct removal.
    Nah: 4 Yeah: 7 *Undecided: 2

Confluence of Fate 2cc - attachments give you cards to a max of 3.
    NERF: At least making it a 3cc seems plausible to just slow down the terror this card causes or another change.
    WHY: I'm against this tbh because its the thing that keeps my attachment lance afloat since I no longer suffer sustain.
    Nah: 6 Yeah: 8

For Unaxio! 1cc - +1 attachment and it jumps back.
    NERF: The proposed change is that it comes back after your next turn.
    WHY: In case CoF above won't get touched at least this card can come into consideration? Combod with CoF its limitless draw for 1cc.
    Nah: 7 Yeah: 6
    This is only in case CoF does not get nerfed.

If you feel I missed anything please be sure to comment and I'll add it to the list be sure to put what your proposed change is and why you feel this will help the game balance.
    While this isn't official I'd love to hear your thoughts! If we can get a list like this to provide an accurate opinion we can see where this all stands and maybe the DT will see . When voting please state the card name, your stance on it, and why. (Don't copypaste like the entire post pls)
    Example:
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Is Here View Post
    Sword Thief - No.
    Vozitian Trader - Sure, whatever.
    Rampant krygon - No.
    As much as I'd love a flame war on whether a card is OP or not, please refrain from doing so.
    Thanks.
    *Undecided isn't really an option. Just that some don't have a stance on it, best not to dilute the stats so I added this.
    Changelog:
    -Sword Thief is now removed.
    -Changed Rampant Krygon to have his stats reverted to a 2/2
    -Edited BPS
    -Minor editing here and there.
    -removed Spitfire Hound
    Voters:
    Gondorian
    Maxi
    Planarbox
    PP Star

Already fully voted (Listed by forum name):
    LucasBlitz (Me!)
    Tman507
    Daddy is Here
    Ganjamus
    Tenacious Piggy
    Killerheart
    Segalion
    Starval
    Neratza73
    Pteronophobic Wizard
    FDL
    Shadow Mann
    Xander Spitfire
    Last edited by LucasBlitz; 04-20-2015 at 06:03 PM.
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง
    Justiciar of the Audacious
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." -- Author Unknown

Sealed Deck Champion
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree with pretty much everything here. well thought lucas

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LucasBlitz View Post
    Decided to just make a big list instead of a whole bunch of threads clogging the forums. This is for version 2.90.
    I'll give the initial overview of what can be done and why mkay. Please take these into consideration!
    Buffs:
    Sword Thief 3cc 2/3 - he stuns stuff I guess.
    BUFF: Make him a 2/4.
    WHY: He's strictly worse than Layarian Seductress which is counter intuitive for a class card (which supposedly are supposed to be better than normal cards remember?).
    When you say "strictly", do you really mean strictly? Seductress has a condition.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    When you say "strictly", do you really mean strictly? Seductress has a condition.
    By stats there's the "strictly" meaning. Since seduc is 1 hp bulkier it isn't as easily removed as thief therefore undermining the survivability of sword thief since just about everything has 3 atk its actually very easy to rid of him. If thief could have slightly more survivability then it would be a bit more favorable for ST to be picked over seduc.
    On the point of seduc I run her in many of my decks and she's much better in ST not only by survivability but by her easy condition since it won't cripple you to have 1 less or equal resources to your opp and the disable allows for allies to not use their abilities which is much more helpful than ST only "stunning" an enemy.
    Last edited by LucasBlitz; 04-18-2015 at 06:40 PM.
    Greatness, Reborn

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." -- Author Unknown

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LucasBlitz View Post
    By stats.
    Yeah, so you've misused the term. Sword Thief will always do his ability for you, whereas Seductress won't. If Seductress was unconditional, then she would actually be strictly better due to having higher health and better ability whilst everything else is the same.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Yeah, so you've misused the term. Sword Thief will always do his ability for you, whereas Seductress won't. If Seductress was unconditional, then she would actually be strictly better due to having higher health and better ability whilst everything else is the same.
    I'll change it to slightly then and I elaborated the above post.
    Last edited by LucasBlitz; 04-18-2015 at 06:31 PM.
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'd still play sword thief over layarian seductress as is

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Buffs:
    Sword Thieficon 3cc 2/3 - he stuns stuff I guess.
    BUFF: Make him a 2/4.
    WHY: He's slightly worse than Layarian Seductressicon which is counter intuitive for a class card (which supposedly are supposed to be better than normal cards remember?).
    No. As Gondorian says it has no condition, which I much prefer. If I'm playing Rogue I'll go for Sword Thief any day over Seductress in that deck.

Vozitian Trader 3cc 3/4 - gains +1 atk per item played. Oooh scary ~ no one ever.
    BUFF: 2/5 with the +1 per item.
    WHY: Worse case scenario he grows into a 3/5 or a 4/5 but you can still deal with him to stop him from snowballing. Why isn't this OP you ask? Yari Vanguard is a 3;5 and Cleric of Asyn snowballs harder with item destruction themed decks. Imho I just enjoy the growing attribute pasted on allies.
    Agreed, would love to see something be done to buff him. He is like you say the item summoning counterpart to Cleric, so he should be more similar to that.

Rampant Krygonicon 3cc 2/1 - he pings stuff but armor ignores him.
    BUFF: 3/1 with the ping.
    WHY: Face it he's useless now so why not just make him a removal card (a fireball for an ally I guess) since he won't be around very long.
    Ehhh, don't know about this. 3 attack haste for 3cc is a lot. I mean Viska has 3 attack and haste, and she costs 6, plus has a secondary ability that only helps against weapons, but doesn't help the board presence unlike Krygon. If anything I'd rather Krygon just be 2/2 again.

Spitfire Houndicon 2cc 1/3 - he blows up stuff and does 3 dmg to an ally.
    BUFF: Make him a 2/3 his ability doesn't have to cripple him.
    WHY: "Oh but Lucas Spitfire becomes a 4/3 with Thriss Almanacicon!". Good point but Avenger of the Fallenicon becomes a 4/4 WHEN 3 OTHER (templar) ALLIES DIE. CMON. At least have him up to par.
    With how ridiculous Ravagers can get these days? And comparing to Avenger of the Fallen is really not a good comparison, because it takes until late game to get 3 Templars dead and Avenger up to a 4/4. Plus Avenger can't hit back on defense without any of its boosts. Spitfire could be 4/3 easily just on T3 the way you propose. Spitfire is one of those 2cc guys that works better a bit later IMO, to support a bit, don't think he needs extra attack.

Twilight Opportunisticon 2cc 0/4 - gets +3 and dies next turn.
    BUFF: Make her a 1/4 gets +2 and dies next turn.
    WHY: Not a big change but it allows for twilight to be dropped without being smacked down because she can't fight back. Or at least the avenger thing where she has +1 on your turn or something.
    Wouldn't mind this quite honestly. Let's it hit back at least.

Amulet of Conjuringicon 4cc - Draw 3 cards but sustain 1se remove 1 resource and deal 1 dmg.
    BUFF: Just remove the dmg please, its very uneccesary.
    WHY: The sustain and resource kill are fine for keeping the card and the hero from using their ability wildy in check.
    Agreed, the damage doesn't really seem necessary at this point.

Venomflame Archericon 3cc 3/4 - she poisons and burns stuff for 1SE
    BUFF: Change 1SE to 2cc(?)
    WHY: For the same reasons that Jade falls flat on her face Venomflame costs SE so a change from SE to cc would give her a bit more prescence and not limit the hero ability.
    I think 2cc would be too much, I'd rather use Jasmine then. I think the intent for using SE is to keep the ability use in check though, so you can't also just use hero ability in tandem.

NERFS
    Bloodpack Shamanicon 2cc 3/1 - he brings himself back infinitely.
    NERF: Proposed nerf I really don't know make him shuffle an ally to the top of the deck or something.
    WHY: You know I was going to mention this but when it comes to a point that the only way MS can be beaten is by killing both his draw and 4 of these looping annoyances winning with half my hp gone by turn 5 because of stealth and holding on with 8hp left by sheer luck of my draw is pretty stupid.
    I would just want anything to not him as insane as he is. But I think too many people are of the mindset that he'd be completely useless with any other ability form besides his current one, which he wouldn't be, he'd still be good regardless IMO.

Sindrarock Apprentice 3cc 2/4 - It's a 4/4. I don't understand.
    NERF: Could it be a 4/4 when other templars are around it or something? That way you'll be able to at least play around it.
    WHY: It used to be when it was alone it became a 4/4 and obv that sucked but now it's a 4/4 cause why not. No ally matches up to it since the 2 extra dmg is basically ambush so its ridiculous that the only way to remove this is by direct removal.
    Yeah, was not really so good before, now maybe a bit too much. Maybe now is sorta like the Priest version of Yari Vanguard, a sort of ridiculous 3cc tribe specific ally, lol.

Confluence of Fateicon 2cc - attachments give you cards to a max of 3.
    NERF: At least making it a 3cc seems plausible to just slow down the terror this card causes.
    WHY: I'm against this tbh because its the thing that keeps my attachment lance afloat since I no longer suffer sustain.
    I too like it at 2cc for my Lance, lol. But in Vess and Jericho it's ridiculous, especially with For Unaxio! as you mention below.

For Unaxioicon! 1cc - +1 attachment and it jumps back.
    NERF: The proposed change is that it comes back after your next turn.
    WHY: In case CoF above won't get touched at least this card can come into consideration? Combod with CoF its limitless draw for 1cc.
    Good suggestion.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Deer lord woll of txt. Halp
    Maybe Venomflame a 1cc ability then?

Anyway my argument on spitfire is that hes very weak early game but late game most you can use him for is for clerics mantle combos I guess. So in which case playing a thriss on t3 isn't your best option either since its a late game thing as well.
    Last edited by LucasBlitz; 04-18-2015 at 08:35 PM.
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No shaman nerf please