Close

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug List - 2.90

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by FDL View Post
    This brings an interesting question regarding control.

Coercion gives control while it is attached, but why would control shift back to the original controller when Coercion leaves play?

Is the controller (i.e. the player who casts the item/ally) always the default controller unless an effect says otherwise?

That would make sense I guess, but according to SenYoung's experience, Coercion seems to be implemented to switch control over to the opponent when it leaves play (rather then release Coercion's controller grip on the ally).

How does that work with Agent Rex? Should control of the stolen item revert back to the original controller if Agent Rex leaves play (which he always does)?

Hmm you can't Compare Coercion with Agent Rex.
    Coercion says as long as it is attached to the ally, it is under your control. As Coercion leaves play on the end of your turn the card it was attached to returns to his owner.

E.g you own all cards in your deck. When agent rex "steals" an Artifact you are still the respective owner, even if your oppenent controls it.

Assassin of the coming winter
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    I've fixed this one before, so really not sure what's happening there. Was it a Phoenix Urigon by any chance?

FWIW, your allies unexhaust at the very end of your turn (after all other end of turn stuff) and Coercion should have fallen off before then, so the ally would have already switched to the other side and therefore not get readied. I'll look into it.

EDIT: I just tested with a Coerced Fire Snake. After I attacked with him, he stayed exhausted when he swapped back. Phoenix Urigon worked correctly too. I think I need to see your replay!
    Murderous Hulk. Sadly the replay is gone now
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง
    Justiciar of the Audacious
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." -- Author Unknown
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง

DP Visionary
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Playing several days on Meltdown, I noticed something pretty annoying which at least happens on the PC client 2.902

When you choose your hero, you can, prior to picking it, see the amount of duplicates of a particular card.

However as soon as you have picked your hero you don't see that amount of duplicates anymore.
    The only way to make it appear is by removing that card, then seeing you actually got more than 1.

Removing a number of duplicates, and then adding them again to your decklist, results in the proper amount to show.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    This brings an interesting question regarding control.

Coercion gives control while it is attached, but why would control shift back to the original controller when Coercion leaves play?

Is the controller (i.e. the player who casts the item/ally) always the default controller unless an effect says otherwise?

That would make sense I guess, but according to SenYoung's experience, Coercion seems to be implemented to switch control over to the opponent when it leaves play (rather then release Coercion's controller grip on the ally).
    Don't infer rules based on bugged behaviour! Zealous Mystic should not have been able to put Coercion on himself. The implementation of Coercion assumes it is on an ally that got borrowed from the other side, so it always switches sides when it is removed.

How does that work with Agent Rex? Should control of the stolen item revert back to the original controller if Agent Rex leaves play (which he always does)?
    Agent Rex's ability is a one-shot effect that makes a change to the game state and then it is considered finished (like taking damage or gaining base attack). When Rex leaves play, you still have control of the artifact. Coercion is an ongoing effect, which only gives control to the controller of Coercion while it is attached. Hope that helps!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    zookeepre vs xyzyx

Thriss Almanac isn't destroyed at the end of turn, but more like the beginning of the opponents turn. which matters with ally healing effects. Is this how it is meant to work?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zookeepre View Post
    zookeepre vs xyzyx

Thriss Almanac isn't destroyed at the end of turn, but more like the beginning of the opponents turn. which matters with ally healing effects. Is this how it is meant to work?
    Hi. What specifically happened that you think should not have happened?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by zookeepre View Post
    zookeepre vs xyzyx

Not a bug. I watched your game and TA was destroyed at the end of your turn. There were 2 healing effects cuz your opponents summoned Good Ascendant for the allies.
    IGN: Jojiwakabayashi

The most highest scoring player in season 18 and 25
    The most highest rating player in seaon 26 and 27

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    cant sell any card in merchant.......

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Anyone else got any card bugs to report? Please see the OP for what's known already and what's fixed. Thanks!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Screen Shot 2015-05-13 at 4.38.04 PM.jpg Second time I have had this bug. I start the game and I am playing against myself in meltdown. Waste of 200 gold.