Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

this game is unplayable due to the bugged draw system

I cannot and will not play this game until you fix the damn draw randomization. EVERY DAMN GAME I DRAW A NATURAL 3 of a kind (all three of the same card in a row). This is not even statistically probable. That's a =0.0368421% chance. It has happened 15 times in a row, that cannot be allowed to happen. I can't play a card game where the rng is sticking cards that are useless in multiples together...
    If this game played with poker rules I'd be undefeated

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Look at the decks that win tourneys, they can't have more of 3 of any card because the rng sucks so hard it isn't even humorous. I can't even comprehend how one would make a "draw" function that even has the possibility of this being an issue. The first thing that should be done when a deck is saved is to randomize the list of cards in the deck. Are you even using lists? If not then the whole deck making system is fundamentally flawed and needs to be scrappedeach card should have a reference number that is then put into a list. Lists can easily be randomized, there are literally millions of methods to randomize a list.
    If this game played with poker rules I'd be undefeated

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quick question: Are you changing your deck before you play a match? There's a bug where the deck doesn't "shuffle" and you get stuck with copies of cards one after the other.

That being said, it hasn't been proven.
    Raised in Exile. Trained in Kiptergarten. Mastering the ways of SE one step at a time.

Long live the Queen...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Which version are you using? I haven't seen three in a row like that very frequently. See if you can devise a deck that exploits the behavior, and climb to the top of the ratings! That will get their attention, and you can bet they'll fix it....
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by a player View Post
    Which version are you using? I haven't seen three in a row like that very frequently. See if you can devise a deck that exploits the behavior, and climb to the top of the ratings! That will get their attention, and you can bet they'll fix it....
    Elementalis Spark rush lol.
    Raised in Exile. Trained in Kiptergarten. Mastering the ways of SE one step at a time.

Long live the Queen...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by innoby View Post
    That's a =0.0368421% chance.
    Those are the odds of drawing a particular trio in an opening 7 card hand.

If you want the odds of drawing any trio in your opening hand, they are much higher.

Because I had 5 minutes and excel, I built a little simulator and ran thousands of simulations. In a 40 card deck in which you're playing 10 sets of 4 cards, the odds off having 3 identical cards in your first 7 are roughly 13% (or 1 game in 8).
    Last edited by FDL; 04-13-2015 at 09:04 PM.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganjamus View Post
    Quick question: Are you changing your deck before you play a match? There's a bug where the deck doesn't "shuffle" and you get stuck with copies of cards one after the other.

That being said, it hasn't been proven.
    See my post, odds of getting 3 identical cards in an opening hand are pretty high (roughly 1 in 8).

It's not a rare occurrence.
    FDL TV!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by innoby View Post
    I cannot and will not play this game until you fix the damn draw randomization. EVERY DAMN GAME I DRAW A NATURAL 3 of a kind (all three of the same card in a row). This is not even statistically probable. That's a =0.0368421% chance. It has happened 15 times in a row, that cannot be allowed to happen. I can't play a card game where the rng is sticking cards that are useless in multiples together...
    To be exact, 0.0368421% are the odds of drawing more than three copies of a specific card that you have 4 copies of in a 40 cards deck in your opening 7.

The odds of drawing exactly 3 copies of a specific card in the same deck are 1.26% so the cumulative odds of drawing at least 3 copies of a specific card in that deck are 1.3%.

Edit: I validated my simulator with those values and my little program got the same results as the hyper geometric calculator (http://stattrek.com/online-calculato...geometric.aspx), so I'm pretty confident my above result of 13% is accurate enough for the sake of this discussion.
    Last edited by FDL; 04-13-2015 at 09:34 PM.
    FDL TV!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In the same vein:

Odds of getting a pair in an opening 7 of a specific card you have 4 copies of in a 40 card deck is roughly 13%

Odds of getting at least one pair in your first 7 cards in a 40 card deck made up of 10 4 card sets: roughly 90%
    FDL TV!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I hope you guys aren't offended by people who multipost!

FDL TV!