Close

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Just like I thought...

Confluence of Fate is already being abused.
    Consider at least increasing the CC to 4 or something.
    PK Love

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Consider to become a good player, I still have to clearly lose a game because my opponent used this card

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandevmonium View Post
    Consider to become a good player, I still have to clearly lose a game because my opponent used this card
    I can't figure out what you're trying to say.
    PK Love

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    well, not sure if it's broken but it's defintley strong in the correct deck
    Still it limits you to play a lot of attachments. And since you usually need allies for that attachments the blance within the deck is the important key for that, thus making decks less consistent

What i am trying to say is that it's now strong but i don't think its broken (it just present new strong Deck archtypes)
    More testing are needed but defintley 4cc is not the way to go, maybe 3cc but even that might be too much
    In the beginning the Universe was created.
    This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

IGN: TJ Segalion - Green Creatures from other planets can also go Juggernauts !

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ness View Post
    Confluence of Fate is already being abused.
    Consider at least increasing the CC to 4 or something.
    More info please.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    More info please.
    T2: Confluence of Fate
    T3: Zailen Crusader + Silent Strike (most useful combo)/Backstab/Crippling Blow/Hunter's Gambit/Stoneskin/Consuming Fear/any 2 cc attachment

Even without Zailen Crusader it is a very powerful neutral card. The thing is, people used to have reservations about using this card because it meant a, more or less, permanent health loss. But now that there's no drawback you can just go crazy with attachments because they replace themselves in your hand anyway.
    PK Love

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think the draw it provides isn't that OP. You need to have some sort of board presence for it to work
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ness View Post
    T3: Zailen Crusader + Silent Strike (most useful combo)/Backstab/Crippling Blow/Hunter's Gambit/Stoneskin/Consuming Fear/any 2 cc attachment

Even without Zailen Crusader it is a very powerful neutral card. The thing is, people used to have reservations about using this card because it meant a, more or less, permanent health loss. But now that there's no drawback you can just go crazy with attachments because they replace themselves in your hand anyway.
    It only shows that in order it to work you need specific decks
    Zailen + CB is for warriors but most of them just don't run any more attachments
    Zailen + Stoneskin \ Consuming Fear is for Mages but they also usually don't run many attachment
    For both classes you need new deck ideas for COF to really work. In warriors this might be possible but Mages mostly rely on their ability rather then attachments

Now the change will make attachment based decks stronger (Attachment Priests, Attachment Lance, Attachment Warriors) but as i said it probably will still be less consistent as you need allies to make it work. Still i am not sure that it is bad to create new Attachment decks that will be more vaible then before (although this still remains to be seen in days to come and cannot be decided ATM)

Only thing is that COF has become a decent+ draw engine (in correct deck) and it is a natural attachment (thus needs to be less good then specific attachments)
    In the beginning the Universe was created.
    This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

IGN: TJ Segalion - Green Creatures from other planets can also go Juggernauts !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Confluence of Fate + For Unaxio is also an interesting spammable combo, since the latter costs 1cc and returns to your hand at end of turn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't understand why it was changed in the first place. It was designed for attachment-oriented heroes like Vess and Jericho and both of them could already use it well due to their abilities to efficiently negate the sustain 1HP (Lingering Essence, Rampage, Mettle of the Yari, Enrage). I used it without hesitation in my Vess decks all the time.

After some additional testing I still stand by my opinion.

Mages:
    T3: Zailen Crusader + Stoneskin (or Layarian Seductress or any other 3 cc ally with staying power)
    T4: Ally + Stoneskin/Consuming Fear or Stoneskin + Consuming Fear (depending on your opening hand)

Rogues:
    T3: Zailen Crusader + Silent Strike/Backstab (or Layarian Seductress or any other 3 cc ally with staying power)
    T4: Ally + Silent Strike/Backstab

Elementals:
    T3: Infernal Gargoyle (or any other 3 cc ally with staying power)
    T4: Bloodthirsty or a combination of Shocking Grasp/Mindless Ferocity/Life Infusion/Aura of Retribution/Flesh Infusion

From here on just spam attachments as if they grew on trees. There are probably many more useful combinations I haven't tried yet. And yes, most shadow heroes are a bit less potent with attachments since they don't have access to Zailen Crusader, but they can still use them effectively at higher resource counts.
    1. I realize these combos were always available.
    2. Turning all heroes into potent attachment-users is a slap in Vess' and the priests' faces.
    3. I am all for diversity in deck building but attachments should be a niche and not a universal strategy.
    Last edited by Ness; 04-06-2015 at 10:39 AM.
    PK Love