Close

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: v2.90

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Polishpixy View Post
    I continue to have serious issues with NOTHING running in the background...I am in Toronto...great internet connection. .... Skipping preloading only delays eventual issues... Deck building is a complete disaster... Number of cards owned just shows up like a pink box and when I hit ADD I have to touch the card 3 more times before it goes back into the line up.... Then when I'm done building if I hit go to WORLD or CHALLENGE , merchant, anywhere even log off...whole thing crashes and flashes and freezes...I have a brand new iPad Air. Health is also intermittently deleted and covered by a black box... Will take some screen shots and upload...

Couldn't upload here for some reasons so I emailed the shots to support.
    Hi. It seems iOS has a limit on number of files open that no other platform we support has. So once approx 240 different image files are required, we start seeing these black/pink boxes. Kyle is working on a fix that involves changing how we load these images so we don't hit the max files limit. Until that's done, I recommend just loading existing decks and playing with those (as opposed to making new decks) so as not to require too many images to be loaded. I believe you should not have any issues then. Please let me know how you get on.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Horrible performance on Android for me since 2.9 came out. Graphics are jerky, game freezes and loses connection to server randomly.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I guess that it really depends on your device because I play on Android tablet with 2 gb ram and it goes really well.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Game just freezes when I win on iOS... Bummer bug.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Building a whole new deck in the deck builder causes the game to stop displaying number of card copies in deck/collection and some visual artifacts start appearing all over the place. I can't change screen without bugging the whole thing at this point.

iPad. iOS 7.1.2

I can play games just fine so far on that device.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FDL View Post
    Building a whole new deck in the deck builder causes the game to stop displaying number of card copies in deck/collection and some visual artifacts start appearing all over the place. I can't change screen without bugging the whole thing at this point.

iPad. iOS 7.1.2

I can play games just fine so far on that device.
    Thanks for info. This fits with post #151 above. Kyle has a fix now but has to wait for Apple to approve.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Networking problems and solutions

Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    I'm sorry, but loss of connection your end (between you and your router) is not something we can "fix".

I totally empathise because this happens for me at times on my iPad. It sucks and is something we want to add a feature for in the future (reconnect in face of hard disconnect).

There was a time when Shadow Era just used HTTP for all communications with the server, which was resilient in the face of brief wi-fi disconnects, but that could not guarantee traffic between your router and the server getting there (in the right order or even at all, leading to sync errors) and it did not scale well and was not secure. Now we assume you have a good connection to the internet and then guarantee what we can control, between your router and the server.

Ideally, we could be fully resilient and allow a reconnect after you lost your own wi-fi while still having the security and reliability of the current system, but, as I said, that's a feature further down the line.
    Thank you for your reply. I understand that you can't fix any problems between a device and a router. What I mean is a possibility to reconnect to SE servers after a player has got a short connection loss. This is one of my biggest technical update wishes to the game. It is always a pity to have a game loss only because of a short connection loss :-(.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    We are in the process of redoing the entire networking component using a different networking engine for v3.0. Not only does it support reconnections, it will have multiple servers around the world for best connection speeds (can still play against anyone in the world), plus potentially even support asynchronous games*!

* - "soon"

Sounds great, thank you :-). I am looking forward to v3.0 and I will report again my experience.