Close

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: v2.90

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I think we will still need a v2.903 for Android... Kyle's investigating the crash logs ...
    I still think loading foiled cards causes the problem, but ofc Kyle is the expert.
    Thanks a lot!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sorry for the delay with the desktop versions. I was trying to include a new patcher/launcher so that it would always stay up to date, however after evaluating 2 different third party solutions I found that neither worked correctly. So it looks like that feature will be delayed until next release or later... But for now:

PC: ShadowEra.exe v2.9020
    Mac: ShadowEra.pkg v2.9020

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Demnchi View Post
    As for the strange change in foils, those should be considered bugs and be changed back to normal if you ask me. It's quite nonsensical to change them now, especially when the vast majority end up looking much worse. I have a feeling it's a mistake with the way that all the cards are now foiled being incorrectly applied to the original foil, but that's just speculation from me.
    As for the need to redo old folds, remember that most of the CotC cards were also reworded! For the record, we are willing to regenerate any foils that look less awesome than what they used to. As Gondorian mentioned, we can specify how the tool zooms in on the image. But it will definitely have to been an auto-generated thing, as it's impractical to manually create each card in Photoshop or whatever....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    As for the need to redo old folds, remember that most of the CotC cards were also reworded! For the record, we are willing to regenerate any foils that look less awesome than what they used to. As Gondorian mentioned, we can specify how the tool zooms in on the image. But it will definitely have to been an auto-generated thing, as it's impractical to manually create each card in Photoshop or whatever....
    You misunderstand, I have no ill qualms with having the auto foiler. My issue came with changing the ones that already had them. I will admit, I did forget the wording would also have to be redone considering it would mess with the foil lines, still, I am of the opinion that they shouldn't be changed, but do what you will.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nice, PC version is here.

One CotC foil I'd like to add to the list of looking much worse is Shadow Font. Used to be that the cloud of purple smoke or whatever appeared as the foreground with the rest in back, now the crack the smoke is coming out of is in the foreground, and it looks really dumb this way. Not a zoom issue, so I don't know how likely it would be to be fixed if you'd mainly only fix zoom issues, but it does look much worse, hardly looks foiled at all aside from the fact that it's full art, cause the masked part is such a minimal area.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This one works on wine linux
    The Holy Knight of Phoenixia
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    New release, same problem. No reconnection after a short WiFi connection loss :-(. Please fix this. Thank you.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marundal View Post
    New release, same problem. No reconnection after a short WiFi connection loss :-(. Please fix this. Thank you.
    I'm sorry, but loss of connection your end (between you and your router) is not something we can "fix".

I totally empathise because this happens for me at times on my iPad. It sucks and is something we want to add a feature for in the future (reconnect in face of hard disconnect).

There was a time when Shadow Era just used HTTP for all communications with the server, which was resilient in the face of brief wi-fi disconnects, but that could not guarantee traffic between your router and the server getting there (in the right order or even at all, leading to sync errors) and it did not scale well and was not secure. Now we assume you have a good connection to the internet and then guarantee what we can control, between your router and the server.

Ideally, we could be fully resilient and allow a reconnect after you lost your own wi-fi while still having the security and reliability of the current system, but, as I said, that's a feature further down the line.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancha View Post
    This one works on wine linux
    All of them worked on Linux for me, with minor or major annoyances. We've been asking for Linux client for years as Unity supports it, but SE developers are kinda shitty.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by morbius View Post
    All of them worked on Linux for me, with minor or major annoyances. We've been asking for Linux client for years as Unity supports it, but SE developers are kinda shitty.
    I cant play version 2.8 before. It just did infinity loading...when loading reach 99% it willstart again from 0%
    The Holy Knight of Phoenixia
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn