Close

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: v2.90

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Krondor View Post
    Is your iPhone 8.3 IOS?
    Yes. Incidentally, it did work fine when I restarted the phone and then skipped the preload.
    IGN: RS Kohen Gadol

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Krondor View Post
    Hi Gondorian, just loaded v2.9 on iPad (4th Gen) IOS 8.3 and once the preloading is done the screen just blanks. If I skip the preload it allows some viewing of screens, but then blanks, when cycling back to main screen.

I have cleared cache at the beginning, but this still persists.

Any IPad users getting this issue?
    My screen didn't blank, but it was stuck with no PLAY button. I restarted and got same issue. 3rd try got me fully into the game. Then I had it crash after victory screen. I think it was probably a memory issue, as I had a lot of other things running in the background.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    My screen didn't blank, but it was stuck with no PLAY button. I restarted and got same issue. 3rd try got me fully into the game. Then I had it crash after victory screen. I think it was probably a memory issue, as I had a lot of other things running in the background.
    Hmm.. I'm not so lucky. I have nothing running. Have restarted iPad twice and waited fora full pre-loaded library and its literally just a blank screen from there. No buttons, no graphics, just sits looking like the dark abyss..

This looks like a critical issue for IOS to me. Time will tell

EDIT; if I totally skip pre-load, I can get through to some areas, but it does get 'buggy' when scrolling to far through the merchant and then going 'Back' to menu options

Thanks for the answer though
    Last edited by Krondor; 04-22-2015 at 07:20 PM. Reason: Update

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    I had a crash after the victory screen as well. The victory counted, though, which is better than some previous incidents where I lost after a forced disconnect after landing the death blow.
    IGN: RS Kohen Gadol

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    After I hit play (after preloading my 1000+ library) my screen also went blank. I'm using an iPad Air on iOS 7.

So I'm trying several times, and I'm noticing that my library to be preloaded is smaller by about 200 or so every time I try. Could there be a reason for that?

EDIT2: Once my library was smaller than 200 for preloading, the game started up as normal. Will attempt to play a game shortly.

EDIT3: My game crashed after the match. However, the game then booted up much smoother than normal and the preloading phase was skipped because it was finished. Will see if it crashes after a second match.

EDIT4: The game completed normally. I would like to point out that I had no other apps running the entire time and I never restarted my iPad during this process. Hopefully that's enough info!

EDIT5: It seems when going to the merchant and unfiltering all the cards, the game can softlock, not loading anything after a few pages and all the menus lead to a blank screen. It's wroth noting this doesn't seem to happen in the deck builder. Instead I get rows with no cards, then then load in white, and then load in correctly.
    Last edited by Demnchi; 04-22-2015 at 08:40 PM.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Skipped preloading.

Game crashed after my first match (when leaving the Victory screen).

iPhone 5c on iOS 8.1. Currently updating iOS.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Final Edit:
    OK. I went through almost the same process as Demnchi and have the same problem as Demnchi mentioned in EDIT 5.

I also noticed sometimes the game still needs to load the library (size of ~10) when I open the app.

My device: iPad Mini 1, iOS 8.1
    Last edited by mcley; 04-22-2015 at 10:40 PM.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by FDL View Post
    Skipped preloading.

Game crashed after my first match (when leaving the Victory screen).

iPhone 5c on iOS 8.1. Currently updating iOS.
    I think the crash is an out of memory issue. Same happened to me. Closing other resource-hungry apps in the background (e.g. other games) should help with it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Crashed 5 times with no play button option after loading was completed.. Restarted... Cleared cache.... Skipped loading then got in... Went to deck...heroes and allies etc loaded but with white boxes around where the health heart should be on the bottom right corner... Then went into merchant and crashed immediately before loading the merchant screen... Sooooo frustrated!!!! And no other apps are running in the background....
    Last edited by Polishpixy; 04-23-2015 at 12:01 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. I did test it on my iPad and it seemed to work fine, and it's obviously the same code as the Android version, so it's quite frustrating that these issues pop up now. I'll test it further tonight on my collection of devices and update to the latest iOS as well, maybe that has something to do with it...