Close

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: v2.90

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    It will have to load them all the first time. And it will take a while to get everything if you view your whole collection in the deckbuilder or the whole of the merchant. The second time should have them all cached (don't hit Clear Cache at start up). If it is not caching, there may not be enough space on your device.

What happens if you just go to play a game?
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....aster&p=552621

You can't view the whole thing in deckbuilder because it will make the game very slow, almost frozen.
    There are 1.4G available space in my Android device. I still need to load all the cards every time I open the app. How much space do you think would be enough?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sounds like its having trouble saving the cache or something. A download all button should be a nice compromise. Pokemon TCG recently added this, and it was quite helpful given how long it took to load even a single card. I actually didn't play the game because of how bad the loading feature was, but now I don't have to worry about it because I was given the option.

More options will allow the various players to set their experience with the game to one they are comfortable with. So giving players the option to either load the cards up individually to save space on their devices (even though it sounds like its not that big anyways =/) or allow them to do a one time download for all the images so they don't have to wait for the cards to load. I'm sure all that dynamic stuff could still come into play if the cards can currently be cached anyways, so this would only be a plus. Hopefully you'll take the suggestion into consideration.

As for the strange change in foils, those should be considered bugs and be changed back to normal if you ask me. It's quite nonsensical to change them now, especially when the vast majority end up looking much worse. I have a feeling it's a mistake with the way that all the cards are now foiled being incorrectly applied to the original foil, but that's just speculation from me.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Demnchi View Post
    As for the strange change in foils, those should be considered bugs and be changed back to normal if you ask me. It's quite nonsensical to change them now, especially when the vast majority end up looking much worse. I have a feeling it's a mistake with the way that all the cards are now foiled being incorrectly applied to the original foil, but that's just speculation from me.
    It's no bug. All card images are auto-generated now, even the foils, to support us actually offering new foils in a practical manner and also multiple languages later.

For the foil zoom, we can specify whether we should use Left, Right or Middle of the image to zoom on. This could be further customized for ones that people think look bad, but we'd need someone to maintain a list of the bad ones (in the community's opinion) and specify where they think should be zoomed on.

I really don't think there are that many bad ones though, having reviewed the whole lot myself. I guess I'll have to wait for someone to make the list ...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's no bug. All card images are auto-generated now, even the foils, to support us actually offering new foils in a practical manner and also multiple languages later.

For the foil zoom, we can specify whether we should use Left, Right or Middle of the image to zoom on. This could be further customized for ones that people think look bad, but we'd need someone to maintain a list of the bad ones (in the community's opinion) and specify where they think should be zoomed on.

I really don't think there are that many bad ones though, having reviewed the whole lot myself. I guess I'll have to wait for someone to make the list ...
    Well maybe "bug" was the wrong word, but still, adding the ones that have already had foil versions to the auto-foiler just seems incorrect to me. The list would be any card that already had a foil before this update. So all CotC and DP Rares, Epics, Legendaries, and Heroes. Then the list of exclusive foils. Aside from that, in order to find any other odd ones I'd have to obtain and look at all the new available foils to come up with anything else and I most certainly don't have the money to put together that list.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It will have to load them all the first time. And it will take a while to get everything if you view your whole collection in the deckbuilder or the whole of the merchant. The second time should have them all cached (don't hit Clear Cache at start up). If it is not caching, there may not be enough space on your device.

What happens if you just go to play a game?
    When i play a game i have a little freeze before pictures loading.
    Yes its not caching, i try load all in merchnt, but next time when i run a game it wasnt cached, and itw loading again

I think i have enough space... im the only one who have this problem?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The foils that i know were better before the update were:

Cotc Lance, Cotc Gwenneth, Cotc Boris,Cotc Gravebone, Cotc Elementalis, DP Zaladar, Cotc Serena, Priest of the Light, Wizent's Staff, Crippling Blow, Anklebreaker, Wulven Tracker, Ogloth, maybe some more but these were the ones i noticed just by scrolling over them.
    Not sure was Tidal Wave changed?
    Cotc Zhanna actually looks better now.

About weapon, armors or Deepwood Bobcat:

Either cut everything except the actual named thing, or cut none. Having one human arm with a bow in front of a Foil Cat looks strange.
    Last edited by maxi1230; 04-09-2015 at 06:38 PM.

Assassin of the coming winter
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm experiencing some loading bugs too, alls cards in deck creator being loaded all the time, one after the other, like some cascade pattern (though only the first time takes long, afterwards it takes just a few seconds). And the device tends to freeze much more often than before, in fight and in deck creator.

Here is a suggestion that might help:
    Make all the standard pictures part of the normal app, and show all the foils/alternate cards as normal until they are loaded properly.

I'd even prefer a option to toggle all the alternate/foils off. I kinda like my game clear and without distracting blinking. Also it could help the performance on slower Android devices, because less cached is needed.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree with what a lot of people are saying. It seems to lag a bit now, the cards have to load every single time you open the app, and it requires faster internet speeds. I hope these things can be fixed, as I would hate to see it cause players to leave.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Now the web version of v2.902 works much better for me.
    Although the "Show Unusable" function still stalls the game, I can load all cards now in "Sell" of Merchant without crashing the game. Deckbuilding also works alright.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mcley View Post
    Now the web version of v2.902 works much better for me.
    Although the "Show Unusable" function still stalls the game, I can load all cards now in "Sell" of Merchant without crashing the game. Deckbuilding also works alright.
    Thanks for the feedback. I think we will still need a v2.903 for Android... Kyle's investigating the crash logs ...