Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Elementalis deck not saving to the correct slot

I recently noticed that my elementalis deck keeps shifting one slot over, replacing the previous slot with a generic starter elementalis deck. In fact, I'm pretty sure the game spent shadow crystals without my permission to open up the third slot when it shifted there. Today, none of my elementalis decks were the one I had constructed, and I had to rebuild it. Every time I try to save a deck in elementalis slot 1, it saves in slot 2 instead. And I suspect that it will eventually migrate to slot 3 and then disappear. I don't think this is happening with any other hero. Help?
    "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law." Galatians 5:22-23

Member of guild: Enlisted to Endure
    IGN: e2e luminos

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This is happening to other heroes. I've had it happen with Banebow at least.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    it shifts??..for me wenever i save ,and den choose another hero..and revert to zaladar...the custom built deck gets replaced by pre-built version

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    the same thing happened to me. 'And only the heros i have bought decks from store

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    To the admins:

I have the same issue (corrupted deck save slot reverting to generic deck), but I think I can pinpoint when and how it begins. If you have two copies of a hero (say Boris), and your active deck uses a different hero, and you sell one extra copy of Boris, Boris' slots can get "corrupted". It's as if the machine actually sold the card whose Id was in use, and whatever deck slot was using that copy of Boris gets corrupted.

EDIT: This couldn't happen if Boris was your active deck since only one copy of Boris shows up for sale.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't know if Fedejico's analysis is the cause of the current problem, but I do know that there is still a similar problem.

I had four Gravebone slots. Slot two was called 'Solid 40'. Slot three was named 'Starter'.

After playing other heroes for an extended period of time (I most likely DID sell some surplus copies of heroes back to the Merchant during this interval):
    Slot two AND Slot three were both named 'Starter'. I loaded Slot two and then loaded Slot three and confirmed that they had the same decklist. 'Solid 40' was erased.
    Least active member of: ETC (Ended There by Chance)
    Account for Gondorian to transfer Shadow Crystals to: m0ghedian

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    To Clarify:
    The Merchant does have a mechanism that prevents the sale of a card if said card is a part of the current deck, but there is no protection of cards that are not in the currently loaded deck.

Players sometimes acquire extra copies of hero cards. As a rule, I never sell all copies of any card, so I have at least one of each version of each hero art. (I may not have foils of the Fates alt art heroes, yet.)

From time to time, I sell off surplus copies from my collection. I typically sell commons and extra copies of heroes. If I did not have my Gravebone deck loaded when I sold extra hero cards, I may have been permitted to sell the specific copy of Gravebone that was used to build 'Solid 40', this in turn made Save Slot #2 unusable, and the system defaulted to Starter Deck for Slot #2.

I have seen and reported evidence of this padding with default content in the past, and Kyle claimed it had a legitimate purpose but denied that it could corrupt or replace an existing deck....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've had this bug reported to me in the past and I'm just unable to recreate it. So any and all information helps! If I can get it to happen reliably then we can figure out why it happens and correct the issue.

I've tried the methods mentioned above and do find it a bit strange the game lets you sell all the copies of a hero you have decks for. When trying to load the deck I get an error message that I don't own the hero. After a bit more testing, I found that the game will replace the specific version of the hero card you had saved if another valid one in your collection (such as a foil or alt-art version). Still after trying selling the hero many times, I've not gotten it to ever overwrite my decks. Even after rebuying the hero the decks seem intact and unaltered. I've tried this with 3 slots and 4 slots available to no avail.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This happened to me but I thought it was because I would mistakenly save a deck in a different slot and game would copy the name of the deck into that slot too.

Also sometimes after editing game would erase name of the deck and name it generically Slot 1/2/3, but sometimes name would stay.

So maybe there is issue with naming deck slots that causes confusion?
    Last edited by Veles; 11-08-2017 at 10:38 AM.
    Retired Card Game Designer

“Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments.
    The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If I understand things correctly, the slots have names, and the decklists do not. Once a slot has been named, you need to go out of your way to give it another name.

Therefore, if I found the Starter Deck contents under the name 'Solid 40', it might be reasonable to conclude that I chose the wrong slot and also failed to consider the significance of the name.

However, in order for me to find two slots named 'Starter' that contain the same decklist, somebody would have had to load Slot#3 and then go to save it choosing slot #2, and {backspace} or {select all} to get rid of the original name, and then type in the name 'Starter'. I did not do all that.