Close

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Mind Control

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AnAdolt View Post
    People are realizing how evil Mind Control will be once it works more properly in the next update. Heck, it could become the next point of contention; Portal part II, if you will.
    Yeah mind control is pretty ridic

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This card should seriously have an upkeep cost... so cheap!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A perplexing bug made me lose many times, when I use this card "Mind Control" on the target ally "Aeon Stormcaller" after, my all allies unable to attack.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have seen the mind contol-Aeon bug many times. And it basically causes you to loose since you can't do anything but end your turn.

As for it being overpowered... Sometimes I think so, but when I see 2 Aldons, 1 Aeon, and 2 Raven Wildhearts, I think it's only fair that I take their unique card.

If it ever does seem to be "too powerful" perhaps an option could be that a mind controlled ally of the human faction takes 1 health damage per turn. Since it is afterall the opposite faction.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ZEREF View Post
    Is it me or Mind control has alot of bugs with it:

-I mind control aldon and thought my allies get +1 attack instead my oppenent still gets +1 on his turn.
    -I mind control aeon and unable to attack oppenents ally or hero.

*I think there was a few more but I don't really recall them.

EDIT: Maybe the Aldon bug is just a rare kind of bug since I only mind controlled it once before dunno if anyone had experienced it before using mind control
    I haven't had probs with aldon but had a real bummer with aeon, my hero Zaladar vs Nishaven - I had 4 allies on my side and he had just played aeon, my turn...i used mind control on aeon and I couldn't attack with any of my allies nor aeon for the rest of the turns, until aeon and allies were all killed due to nishavens ability...WHY? I had the game in the bag but in the end defeated cos couldn't make any attacks.
    I can see that others have had this problem too...
    Last edited by VietMajestic; 03-03-2011 at 03:16 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes I have had the same bug twice, though I hadn't realised in was MC that had caused it. Bit annoying, but hopefully an update will fix it.

I like the card I don't think it is overpowered at the moment within the context of the Elemental deck. I think with the controlled creature arriving exhausted your opponent is given an opportunity to start dealing their stray ally.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Yeah -- because of the bug, I am pretty calm when facing Zaladar. After the Aeon bug is fixed, this will be one major reason to be afraid of Zaladar.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Forget Mind Control being Portal part 2, I think Mind Control will have the same popularity as it does now in v1.24. I overestimated Mind Control in v1.24 before because I underestimated how important hero equipments will be. I'm guessing decks will shave off ally content and throw in hero equipments so Mind Control will likely see no more than 2 copies in a 30 or 40 card deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I disagree

Forget Mind Control being Portal part 2, I think Mind Control will have the same popularity as it does now in v1.24. I overestimated Mind Control in v1.24 before because I underestimated how important hero equipments will be. I'm guessing decks will shave off ally content and throw in hero equipments so Mind Control will likely see no more than 2 copies in a 30 or 40 card deck.
    I think you will find decks that have no allies and only cards like mind control and weapons so that the hero can always attack while stealing any allies placed on the board.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I disagree. Mind control is best against the most powerful allies, which will still see play.

Unless you think Aeon won't see any more play, mind control will still be huge.