Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

What is 'Target' so badly defined on DMT?

Death Mage Thaddeus

When Thaddeus is summoned deal one damage to target

0: Deal 2 damage to target.

Yet Warrior Training specifically states:

Target Friendly Ally......

Curse clearly states:

Enemy allies have.......

If all the card states is 'Target' then that should be any viable target that can take damage so both friendly Allies & heroes and opponent's allies and heroes.

Yet in practice DMT only allows you to target enemy allies or heroes.

I bring this up because I wanted to use DMT as the activator for Pleasure From Pain yet you can't do it. But the card isn't worded so you can't do it the program just doesn't let you do it.

If the card was a real card and I played in a real match a la MTG then the wording of the card would let me do it.

Thanks for reading my rant.

Phil

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yawn. If you want to "hurt" your allies go Human and use Nishaven ability. Otherwise DMT wording is quite accurate in assuming you want/need to attack your enemy. With multilingual players it may pose an issue. But honestly? Why would you strategically help the death of your own allies? Rant, eh? Thanks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    As detailed in my thread because there's a card that would benefit your creatures if they are damaged. Therefore damaging your own creatures is a viable strategy even in this limited card pool. Going forward if the game gets another set of cards it's is conceivable that it may become more useful in other ways.

If you are going to create a game that has cards that define a "target" and in certain cases you place a limitation on what that target is then the wording on the card should be correct for game play purposes.

Your rant is basically pointless.

My argument that the card needs to be reworded or let me target who I want and give me the chance to activate Pleasure on my own terms stands.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would agree with Nomad on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecclesiast View Post
    Yawn. If you want to "hurt" your allies go Human and use Nishaven ability. Otherwise DMT wording is quite accurate in assuming you want/need to attack your enemy. With multilingual players it may pose an issue. But honestly? Why would you strategically help the death of your own allies? Rant, eh? Thanks.
    There are many cases where killing your own ally makes sense. Actually this is beside the point. The wording on the card is vague. On top of that I think your comment is really lame. Clearly you are not looking to make this game better. You simply don't care.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah, don't knock the guy for thinking of an interesting concept. Jeez. And going human, nishaven doesn't have the same effect now & even if he did, you'd kill yourself. Too bad it doesn't work

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's not entirely on purpose. Don't forget that the game has AI as well. The AI would have to be COMPLETELY reprogrammed to handle such a minor detail. I'm sure it's being looked into, just give it some time!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It is working how it is intended its always been like that sence it came out

but you make a good point 'Pleasure From Pain' is a fairly new card the affect of killing your own allies for your gain is new in general

I suggest you report this in bugs or suggestion.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Tainted Oracle is another perfect example of a card of your own of which one might relish in its personal destruction.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes the game does have an AI, but they've just announced physical cards. The definition of Target need to be clear on the cards when they are physical.

I'll report this as a a bug.

Phil

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's not a bug, it's a wording issue, since the card is working as intended. Wording issues will be addressed in the near future.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.