Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Random Deck Challenge type?

Random deck challenge - Would it be feasible to have a random deck game type? Each player selects some number of their own decks for random play...say 4...and the system picks the combatant decks randomly. One deck gets boring...the more random decks a player selects the more exp. they get for a win? Seems a small code change that would provide an added challenge for seasoned folks with many good decks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No skill involved in that. Deckbuilding and knowing your playstyle and game strategy is more challenging than going in blind with no idea what you will draw next.

Especially for SE, where you need to have a certain number of win condition cards to really play a solid game. I draw cards completely unrelated to the items or support abilities I have in hand and I'll simply lose.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I couldn't understand what this all means but it just sounds like meltdown.
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง
    Justiciar of the Audacious
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." -- Author Unknown
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think he means, you make a pool of constructed deck and tell the game: when I go in a match, pick one of those for me at random.

If you're bored of your own deck... no one is stopping you from changing it.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The point is to compare my multi-hero skills against another players multi-hero skills.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sounds like there are far too many variables for this to be a true measure of mulit-hero skill. If you won it could be because you got lucky in the match-ups lady luck gave you (e.g the match winning game pitted you you up against Moonstalker with Ythan, who has an ability that counters Moonstalker's). Also this mode would exclude newer players who may not have the money to go and buy a whole load of decks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
    Sounds like there are far too many variables for this to be a true measure of mulit-hero skill. If you won it could be because you got lucky in the match-ups lady luck gave you (e.g the match winning game pitted you you up against Moonstalker with Ythan, who has an ability that counters Moonstalker's). Also this mode would exclude newer players who may not have the money to go and buy a whole load of decks.
    Its not a matter of your hero ability being better than your opponent's hero ability. You get that all the time in QM. Its more like you can't use a deck that's randomly made for you. Imagine twilight items and non twilight allies. Or you only get support abilities and no allies at all.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Fury View Post
    Its not a matter of your hero ability being better than your opponent's hero ability. You get that all the time in QM. Its more like you can't use a deck that's randomly made for you. Imagine twilight items and non twilight allies. Or you only get support abilities and no allies at all.
    I don't believe you fully understand the idea being suggested here. There would be no random cards. He's suggesting a function that would randomly shuffle and choose one of your personally constructed decks before a match. I personally think it would be a great idea and open the doors to much more interesting tournament and popup possibilities.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Romantic Gunner View Post
    I don't believe you fully understand the idea being suggested here. There would be no random cards. He's suggesting a function that would randomly shuffle and choose one of your personally constructed decks before a match. I personally think it would be a great idea and open the doors to much more interesting tournament and popup possibilities.
    Oh yep, you are right. I skimmed through...apologies Cordage. Sounds like something out of a special tourney format.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would love to play a QM format that requires both players to have a deck built for each possible champion and then randomly play one of them. Cordage suggested only a small number of decks like four, but I think the idea does better things when you're forced to know how to play every champion. Reasons why this format is good:

1. Encourages people to buy whatever cards they need to build a playable/competitive deck for every champion.
    2. Rewards players who are expert with lower tier champions, allowing them to see their skill actually translated into a number.
    3. Rewards players for being competent at ever champion.
    4. Allows a break from the meta if the QM meta ever gets really narrow (although honestly I think balance has been pretty good for a while now).
    5. Good way to learn about weird matchups that you might not usually see.