Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fixing Raikka

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Fixing Raikka

I think it's simple. Keep her ability the way it is now except add one thing. Make it so it creates a Spitfire Hound (I think that's the name) and puts it into your hand every time you use her ability. Makes sense right? Spitfire hound can be used both aggressively and tactically. It can also be used as a ready sacrifice card.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Too bad that's not a doable function for a physical game
    ETC

ENJOY THINK CREATE

I'm an ETC newbie so please underestimate me (I like advantages )

“I'm awesome.”-Me

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Wut. So I need to destroy my item for 3SE to deal 3 dmg? Nope.
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง
    Justiciar of the Audacious
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." -- Author Unknown
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How about this for an idea:

3 SE: Fire damage inflicts +1 damage to opposing heroes and allies, until the start of your next turn. Target 3 cost or less ally with fire attack gains haste.

This provides the hero with flexibility to utilize both abilities and allies to control the board.

How this ability would affect the game currently
    Ablaze - Heroes and Allies ablaze will take 2 fire damage at the start of the opponents turn
    Fireball - 5 dmg (to kill the regular 5 health units which persist on the board)
    Nova - Inflict 6 damage to all opposing allies and hero for a more effective clear of the board (Friendlies would only take 5 damage)
    Meteor shower - Target ally would take 4 damage and all opposing allies set ablaze would take 2 fire damage in the following turn (would be good to see this used more)

3 cost allies with fire attack - Could gain haste and when they attack gain +1 damage

If Raikka ever then needs be boosted, it can be accomplished with Fire abilities that hit multiple targets and 3 cost fire attack allies with higher attack and low health (which can be hasted, yet with other heroes they'd be too susceptible to take full advantage of).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That limits her to fire only themes. Honestly she prob needs more cards that benefit her and tweaks to come after those are in.
    ETC

ENJOY THINK CREATE

“I'm awesome.”-Me

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by jcbow View Post
    That limits her to fire only themes. Honestly she prob needs more cards that benefit her and tweaks to come after those are in.
    She could still use non-fire abilities and allies but the best synergy would be with fire.
    The same rule applies to most heroes that certain builds will be favourable: Nishaven (electric builds), dark claw and gwenyth (weapon with a few select allies at most), etc.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ShrapnelFox View Post
    How about this for an idea:

3 SE: Fire damage inflicts +1 damage to opposing heroes and allies, until the start of your next turn. Target 3 cost or less ally with fire attack gains haste.

This provides the hero with flexibility to utilize both abilities and allies to control the board.

How this ability would affect the game currently
    Ablaze - Heroes and Allies ablaze will take 2 fire damage at the start of the opponents turn
    Fireball - 5 dmg (to kill the regular 5 health units which persist on the board)
    Nova - Inflict 6 damage to all opposing allies and hero for a more effective clear of the board (Friendlies would only take 5 damage)
    Meteor shower - Target ally would take 4 damage and all opposing allies set ablaze would take 2 fire damage in the following turn (would be good to see this used more)

3 cost allies with fire attack - Could gain haste and when they attack gain +1 damage

If Raikka ever then needs be boosted, it can be accomplished with Fire abilities that hit multiple targets and 3 cost fire attack allies with higher attack and low health (which can be hasted, yet with other heroes they'd be too susceptible to take full advantage of).
    This would only promote the use of rush Raikka with 5 damage Fireballs hitting the opposing hero every 3 turns. This coupled with 6 damage supernovas and Flameforged Scepter... there would be an outcry from the community.
    PK Love

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think the v2.9 ability is fine.
    Krygon is the new thaddeus.
    Yaknow, sorta kinda.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Or you can have her Allies with haste on her turn .... Is she really that bad ? I saw an excellent undead deck of hers, with Grimghast and Grave Resistance plus her ability her Allies were pretty hard to knock off. I like her. She's always got her spells

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you are questioning her viability and thinking she's good. Try to figure out what she can do better than another shadow mage. And if doing that better seems like a decent consistent way to win.
    ETC

ENJOY THINK CREATE

“I'm awesome.”-Me