Close

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Demnchi View Post

Personally, I think HS's whole ideal is the idea of chance and manipulating it and handling the chaos that comes from it. I mean, look at a card like Deadly Shot (Kill a random enemy minion), its a card by its very nature that is random, but if you play it smart you can increase the chances of what you want it to hit (even to 100% in some cases). Unstable Portal (put any minion in your hand at random and reduce its cost) is CRAZY random (and likely a bit TOO random, but hey not my point), but its also another example of a card that creates chaos and how you manage it is an interesting moment that the card creates. I think this goes hand in hand with the 2 copy limit as well, although I personally despise that limit as making the kind of decks I like to play (centered around one idea or gimmick) usually don't work well enough to justify even bringing them for fun.

I don't think HS is a bad game though (in fact, I think its great), its just not necessarily the kind of CCG enthusiasts are looking for, and that's a positive thing imo.

(ps: I do agree the cost of the game is too high though, I don't even come close to having everything and I still have 3400 dust because I can't pull epics or legendaries out of the packs (that's a LOT of duplicate cards for people who don't know what dust is), and some legendaries really aren't worth pulling.... although i did get a Vol'jin, which I'm currently loving :3).
    Totally agree Demnchi!

I also think like others said that it is meant to be a faster paced "lite" version of a combination of other ccgs. To me HS has taken the short comings of other ccgs and improved them but also has made the game more volatile or random due to the RNG. But like to me that is why I really love it.

I understand it's not for everyone but it sure has figured out how to keep the flow of new cards coming.

The biggest problem it will face is the new players wanting to play, they could very easily get discouraged quickly due to the really good cards being really hard to obtain. And HS doesn't see this as a problem now cause they are still taking in the money but at some point something's gotta change.

Once SE figures out how to keep the flow of new cards going faster than it is, SE too will lose more to other games unfortunately. But the ease of getting cards in SE seems to be why people keep coming back
    Proud Member of ETC Guild!
    Enjoying The Camaraderie

IGN: ETC SuperGrover

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    And to clarify, the "improvements" to other ccgs (that I called them) to others might seem to be watered down or less strategic. But I don't disagree with that but that's what keeps the pace and style of it.

1. No mana screw, gain 1 mana per turn.
    2. Less open hand clumping, has a mulligan.
    3. If board lost any class has ways to get it back.
    4. Every minion counts for damage (no all first strike or reset of health at end of turn).

Etc..

But it is merely more of a fun and casual style but some do treat it competitively.

Anyway those are my thoughts.
    Proud Member of ETC Guild!
    Enjoying The Camaraderie

IGN: ETC SuperGrover

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hearthstone blows. I'm pretty sure that game was created for mentally-disabled patients...or teenagers with ADD/ADHD.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Delay of Game View Post
    Hearthstone blows. I'm pretty sure that game was created for mentally-disabled patients...or teenagers with ADD/ADHD.
    You're just mad cause mill is absolute trash in HS I like it that way.
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง
    Justiciar of the Audacious
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." -- Author Unknown

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Grover View Post
    And to clarify, the "improvements" to other ccgs (that I called them) to others might seem to be watered down or less strategic. But I don't disagree with that but that's what keeps the pace and style of it.

1. No mana screw, gain 1 mana per turn.
    2. Less open hand clumping, has a mulligan.
    3. If board lost any class has ways to get it back.
    4. Every minion counts for damage (no all first strike or reset of health at end of turn).

Etc..

But it is merely more of a fun and casual style but some do treat it competitively.

Anyway those are my thoughts.
    1. Replaced by "Knife Juggler/Imp-losion/Mech Warper/Blastmage/Pet Companion screw" Which is far worse because it is not the fault of the player's deck building, but is instead pure RNG.
    2. Which is precisely why aggression runs rampant.
    3. Clearing board several times in one game doesn't stop aggression at all but is instead a way of gradually falling behind 8 out of 10 times and then losing to pure face damage, unless you're druid or paladin, and maybe mage. But that's only 3 out of 9 classes.
    4. Please see #2.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Sprinkles View Post
    1. Replaced by "Knife Juggler/Imp-losion/Mech Warper/Blastmage/Pet Companion screw" Which is far worse because it is not the fault of the player's deck building, but is instead pure RNG.
    2. Which is precisely why aggression runs rampant.
    3. Clearing board several times in one game doesn't stop aggression at all but is instead a way of gradually falling behind 8 out of 10 times and then losing to pure face damage, unless you're druid or paladin, and maybe mage. But that's only 3 out of 9 classes.
    4. Please see #2.
    To be fair that's the kind of trash you find in 20- once you start going up the ranks you'll see a clear difference in the meta.
    Likewise where HS has decks that can kill you by turn 7 with only a few cards lower ranks in SE have 100... 200 card decks... wtf.
    Greatness, Reborn

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." -- Author Unknown

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by FDL View Post
    Haha.

Let me rephrase that: I watch SE and MtG vidoes to get insight from other players (which helps me enjoy those games even more) but I'm not really 'entertained' by them. On the other hand, HS games are just easy to watch and funny with all the sounds, explosions and randomness.

It's like watching a documentary or a cartoon episode. Both are valid, but they serve different 'purposes'.
    Yeah, I really wanted the 3D battlefields and animations but it got a lot of flack because shadow era made it look exactly like hearthstone. I still want to see the 3d and I think it can be done without making it look like hearthstone.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by planarbox View Post
    Yeah, I really wanted the 3D battlefields and animations but it got a lot of flack because shadow era made it look exactly like hearthstone. I still want to see the 3d and I think it can be done without making it look like hearthstone.
    I wouldn't mind voice acting and Dakrath slamming the board like "PUNY MORTALS, I RIIIIIIISE!!!" in a HS manner.
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I didnt read the whole thread but i am loving HS atm, i just made a push for legendary for first time and got it in a week and am ranked 23 in NA region, but i doubt i can hold it and not the whole competitive scene tries for high ranking i get the feeling but i still think its good for only playing ranked hard a short time.

I would write longer post but holly needs to go out, later
    IGN: AO1 Pjoe0211
    Trophy Case
    3rd in first tourny SE tourney ever
    joint winner of 1.27 master tournament
    2nd in crown(9) "Five Classes"
    winner of 7 pop up tourneys
    2nd in 4 pop up tourneys
    2nd in green division 1 season 4
    2nd in TJ ironman challenge tourney

Winner of 12 pop ups
    2nd in 16 pop ups
    Winner of [Beta Server] Every Heros Tournament
    2nd in Gondorian's GR34T tournament
    Winner of [SF] : Extremely Tough Challenge: THE DRAFT

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by LucasBlitz View Post
    To be fair that's the kind of trash you find in 20- once you start going up the ranks you'll see a clear difference in the meta.
    Likewise where HS has decks that can kill you by turn 7 with only a few cards lower ranks in SE have 100... 200 card decks... wtf.
    That's likely because HS actually restricts people from simply putting everything they own in their collection into their deck. Thus, teaching them to actually consider what to take along instead of "I'll just take everything" trap that some new players of card games fall into.

Although personally I do like that SE does let you make your deck a bit fatter if the deck calls for it.
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel