Close

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ability to do something on the opponent's turn would be nice, such as check the graveyard, zoom in the cards and such. As it is now, you can only wait for him to finish his turn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by morbius View Post
    Ability to do something on the opponent's turn would be nice, such as check the graveyard, zoom in the cards and such. As it is now, you can only wait for him to finish his turn.
    Added as #No 21.

(This may not be a 'little' dev item. There's a few factors: Such as -
    Depending on the graphical layers setup in the initial coding, it could result in 'glitching' animations breaking through the grave or card you are trying to view.
    Rules for handling when a card is destroyed while you are viewing it, and the grave gaining a card while its being viewed)

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Thread could do with a rename. This seems to be talking about actual features of 3.0 instead of what the community might wish to see in it.

By the way, to interact with cards on screen during opponent's turn would require complete overhaul of the entire user interface.You are not allowed to interact because on the opponent's turn it is essentially playing back what they have done for you, or waiting for them to do something, meaning that cards could move around at any point - any zooming or moving it does for you to interact with the game while they are could conflict with what the game is trying to show you is actually happening. Hope that makes sense. I'm not saying it's impossible, but definitely not a little feature.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'd love to be able to chose any Shadow Era card as either a sleeve or a Mat .. Great variety

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My thoughts after coming back recently, and having played other similar games.

- Rearrange the layout of the buttons, so they are consistently (and intuitively) in the same part of the UI. On the world screen the menu is in the lower right, whereas elsewhere it's in the lower left. Deck/Merchant/Challenge are on the bottom, but the options window puts them on the sides. Clicking the options menu in the World screen shows duplicates of Deck/Merchant/Challenge, which you just had on the bottom - but now they are unusable because you have an overlay. I say pick a standard layout that never changes.

- There should be a button that shows "my collection" that allows me to see all of my cards. Going through the merchant is weird (Why would I travel to a merchant just to see my cards?), and you have to account for the cards in your currently active deck. What collectible game doesn't let you thumb through own collection? A few sorting options would be nice too.

- Overhaul the deck builder. People should be able to name their decks (if they don't, just give it the standard Hero_1 treatment). Also, please add a delete option instead of always overwriting. I understand people like their deck slots, but my personal preference is to have 2-3 active decks and just delete the rest. See next bullet.

- Loading/saving decks is cumbersome, especially now that that more heroes have been added and there's a second screen of them. Why not a vertical list of your decks with the hero icon on the left and a personalized name on the right? Maybe an option in the options menu to toggle a grid pattern?

- Some additions would be nice for the PC client (like mousewheel use!), but I can understand and accept cross-platform consistency.

- It's been said, but import/export would be awesome.

Glad to hear the excess card selling button is coming. This was my #1 too.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Thread could do with a rename. This seems to be talking about actual features of 3.0 instead of what the community might wish to see in it.

By the way, to interact with cards on screen during opponent's turn would require complete overhaul of the entire user interface.You are not allowed to interact because on the opponent's turn it is essentially playing back what they have done for you, or waiting for them to do something, meaning that cards could move around at any point - any zooming or moving it does for you to interact with the game while they are could conflict with what the game is trying to show you is actually happening. Hope that makes sense. I'm not saying it's impossible, but definitely not a little feature.
    Thread re-named as recommended

Figured it could have been a 'non-little' task, as I mentioned in my response. It is a great suggestion which competitors are already providing. Maybe I'll make a new list for bigger dev items (within this thread) when I have time.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Morbius : "Ability to do something on the opponent's turn would be nice, such as check the graveyard, zoom in the cards and such. As it is now, you can only wait for him to finish his turn."

While that would be cool, I think not being able to do much is good, it forces each player to use their turns time wisely.

I think the view collection idea would be cool as well.
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Idea from clausisme added:

Quote Originally Posted by clausisme View Post
    Can we have a little history of the actions made? would it clog the screen up to much ? I am a new ...mkey .... I need to read some of the cards that flash for 1 sec and disappear into the night not in the graveyard ...but just puff...
    or a replay button or something ...

sorry if this discussion has already happened ... i did search for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    An action-tracker on the side would be a nice feature, yes. I've seen it on another game.
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....-replay-button

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ShrapnelFox View Post
    Ha was just about to write that ... thanks man

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think the timer for each turn should be reduced. Max of 20-seconds per turn. Or better yet 15 seconds. Make your move and end turn!

Currently there is way too much time on the clock. A person can contemplate the meaning of life and/or take a nap inbetween turns because there's soooo much time allocated per turn.

I understand new players might need some extra time allowed per turn....But then their card-sleeves should say "Noob" on it. That's the price to pay for getting extra time allotted. Like a Handicap placard for your car. Otherwise those beginner noobs shouldn't include their whole damn library into their deck in the first place....