Close

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Post Community features wishlist (little things people would like in 3.0)

Kyle and Wulven have given us some great teasers of the next stage of the Shadow Era product. Version 3!
    This will be a major piece of development and hopefully define it as the best free TCG on the market. This got me thinking of the frequently voiced ideas by the Shadow Era community. A surprising number of these excellent ideas require ‘minor’ development yet would add tremendous value to the product

I figured it would be a great idea to consolidate a list of ‘minor development’ tasks which could be incorporated into the new v3.0 build. This way Kyle and the team can have a quick review and weigh up the effort versus the benefits. If you have an idea or remember seeing a great idea discussed, please jot it down! Expanding on the ideas, or summarizing the general consensus of previously discussed threads would be an excellent contribution.

Please blow our minds with your ideas and splash those links to brilliant ideas previously discussed!

Remembering this is for small scale development, not things like 2vs2 QM's

Edit:
    Due to the success of the thread, it has been renamed and re-purposed to "Community features wishlist" and will act as a consolidated list of community requested features and also to give Kudos to the Wulven Studios team who have been working hard and delivering not just the main product but also some of these extra features.
    Last edited by ShrapnelFox; 10-10-2015 at 09:47 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

List of development features

The following list is a compilation of community ideas. Included now are larger dev items. (modifications to the mechanics of the actual game, I.e. limiting the maximum deck size to 99, are still excluded)

Community Wishlist Ideas:

1. Button to sell all additional copies of cards, above the useable 4 copies. (never sells foils or alternate arts)

2. Links within the game which launches Shadow Era wiki AND forum Delivered

3. Method of indicating what heroes are/were involved in QM’s. Delivered

4. Challenge screen search function allows searching by partial strings (I.e. searching ‘fox’ would provide a list of all names containing the partial string of ‘fox’, such as: luckyfox456, Sir_Foxalot, DeltaFox)

5. Ability to save players as ‘favourites’ (so you don’t have to enter their name every time you search them)

6. Vertical list of your decks with the hero icon on the left and a personalized name on the right (Ability to 'name' the decks you create)

7. Improved merchant ‘filter’ system (Default view set to ‘Show All’. Enable search by, class, type, cost, direct attack type, etc)

8. {Large Dev} Improved deck builder system (option to view resource curve, ‘filter’ listed cards, similar to Gondorians latest deck builder)

9. Updated ‘in game’ glossary/instructions with all the terms and mechanics used Delivered

10. Ability to import and export decks

11. Ability to determine who goes first in a match and when it should be random (more 'visible' alternative to the "creator" password)

12. Button that automatically procures remaining cards (available in merchant) so that 4x of each available card is attained

13. Ability to see opponents ranking during the match.

14. Forum linking card names with a ' in them.

15. Ability to save more then 3 decks per hero

16. Chat inside the game (not just the 'chat' available within a match) Delivered

17. Mute specific players / toggle chat on/off in game (simple toggle button)

18. Choice to disallow spectating (Stop people from reverse engineering the top players decks, hide 'prototype decks' and competition decks)

19. In game avatars (assuming this means a different avatar to the chosen hero)

20. Ability to see opponent's IGN while its not his/her turn

21. Ability to pause, rewind, fast forward in game replays

22. {Large Dev} Ability to check the graveyard, zoom in the cards during opponents turn. (For all platforms)

23. {Large Dev} Action-tracker on the side (which cards have been played, etc)

24. Custom game setting: Ability to turn off the timer (for learning-teaching purposes)

25. {Large Dev} Ability to see cards in hand when watching my own games

26. Scheduled Tournaments/Pop Ups - that are held/hosted within the game that players can join

27. Opponents country displayed on the new stats screen in-game

28. Chose any Shadow Era card as either a sleeve or a Mat {This is likely not possible due to the resolution and size of the original image as well as 'exclusives')

29. Rearrange the layout of the buttons, so they are consistently (and intuitively) in the same part of the UI. (+ consistent menu style)

30. A 'screen' that displays all of a players cards. (and not have to account for the cards in the currently active deck)

31. When connecting to a game, display a randomized fact about ‘Shadow Era’ from a 'pool of facts'

Thank-you to everyone who's contributed on this thread!
    Last edited by ShrapnelFox; 10-13-2015 at 11:28 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    For the convenience of this thread, below is Kyle's feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions, it's always helpful to know what things the players are interested in seeing! I've reordered the list in terms of our development priority and added some comments.

- Challenge screen search function allows searching by partial strings (I.e. searching ‘fox’ would provide a list of all names containing the partial string of ‘fox’, such as: luckyfox456, Sir_Foxalot, DeltaFox) Done, live now (if not exact match)
    - Links within the game which launches Shadow Era wiki AND forum Done v2.905
    - Updated ‘in game’ glossary/instructions with all the terms and mechanics used Done v2.905

Confirmed for v3.0

- Ability to 'name' the decks you create
    - Ability to save more then 3 decks per hero
    - Method of indicating what heroes are/were involved in QM’s. Done in new lobby layout in v3.0
    - Ability to see opponents ranking during the match. Click on hero icon to see their stats
    - Ability to see opponent's IGN while its not his/her turn
    - Chat inside the game (not just the 'chat' available within a match)
    - Button to sell all additional copies of cards, above the useable 4 copies. (never sells foils or alternate arts)

Most likely will happen "soon", post v3.0

- Improved merchant ‘filter’ system (Default view set to ‘Show All’. Enable search by, class, type, cost, direct attack type, etc)
    - Ability to save players as ‘favourites’ (so you don’t have to enter their name every time you search them)
    - Improved deck builder system (option to view resource curve, ‘filter’ listed cards, similar to Gondorians latest deck builder)
    - Ability to import and export decks Player api will be made available for 3rd party tools
    - Forum linking card names with a ' in them.
    - Mute specific players / toggle chat on/off in game (simple toggle button)

Lower priority

- Ability to determine who goes first in a match and when it should be random (more 'visible' alternative to the "creator" password)
    - Button that automatically procures remaining cards (available in merchant) so that 4x of each available card is attained
    - Choice to disallow spectating (Stop people from reverse engineering the top players decks, hide 'prototype decks' and competition decks)
    - In game avatars (assuming this means a different avatar to the chosen hero)
    Last edited by ShrapnelFox; 05-11-2015 at 10:10 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    10.import/export decks
    IGN: 17 indastria
    Telegram contact: @indastria

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I will say all these are great and user friendly. So my only question is when the v3 will launch :P

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by okokokok1 View Post
    I will say all these are great and user friendly. So my only question is when the v3 will launch :P
    Soon.....
    A1 kip thorp
    the daddy daughter team of death
    Proud Graduate of Kiptergarten
    A1-Alliance ~ Evolution in Theory

A1 Alliance LEADER & Crash Test Dummy
    Check out our recruitment thread

in the Graveyard,Amongst the fallen blades
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Very soon! In Kyle we trust!
    Avenger Of The Fallen Blade,
    Warriors Of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness , Reborn

LDL CHAMPION 23 APR 13
    Season 15 Ranking: 65
    Season 22 Ranking: 88

Blue Phoneix Guild Leader

JOIN THE MOST EPIC GUILD EVER: Warriors of The Blue Phoenix

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread.php?19877-Guild-Warriors-of-the-Blue-Phoenix-Greatness-Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In game chat...
    IGN: TJ Maskee - Proud member of Team Juggernauts !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    How about a procrastination warning when you press 'quick match' :P

In all seriousness how about a way of determining who goes first in a game (like winning a game of Rock Paper Scissors or flipping a coin) (I know there's already some kind of workaround for this by using a certain password)?

Alas this probably wouldn't be a small change like the kind you're looking for, but all the suggestions currently are so good that I can't bring anything else to mind!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    1. The magic sell button listed in first post. +1

2. A magic but button that gets you up to 4x each available card.

3.. Ability to,filter cards similar to Gondorians latest deck builder.

4. Ability to see opponents ranking in match.

5. Exclusion of decks over 99 cards in qm. I'd like a lower number but I'm trying to be fair.

6. Automatic import of "good" deck for each hero. To,makes newbs life easier.

7. Forum actually linking card names with a ' in them.
    Last edited by Shadows R Us; 03-16-2015 at 12:59 PM.
    The Paladin of Punxsutawney
    Warrior of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

IGN: BP Shadows R Us