Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Millstalker is an abuse champion for players with no talent, skill or ability.

Who are willing to grind for 30 minutes to exploit the fact that players only carry limited removals and abuse moonstalkers ability to nearly infinitely delay.

Players will continue to play Millstalker because he has some auto-win matchups and winning means more to them than actually having a good contest, trying to outplay their opponent and learning the game. Its irrelevant what opponent is doing, millstalker just plays is own game of drawing/delaying till the opponent runs out of cards/allies/damage/burn. Millstalker is the closest thing to cheating in the game (though yes its a legal deck).

Thankfully Shattered Fates has introduced cards like Endia, vermin and multiple item removals (although human ally based heroes still have few and pitiful resources available to deal with stealth) to keep Millstalker numbers down - Unlike DP, where at one stage 3 out of 5 games I would play were millstalkers - its at this point where you decide the game is not fun, balanced and worth playing and move onto other games.
    Accounts: Solymr , R federer
    * hit me up for practice games if you like

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    My 2-cents:

You need 4 copies of Scythe of Fate...and never sac any unless you're confident opponent has blown all their item-D's, and also don't cast Scythe too early in game. If opponent wants to hand-lock, perfect, you'll just discard their cards for them. But always make sure you have at least 2 AHiL already cycled on bottom of your deck (i.e. But 4 copies of AHiL, of course).

When Crescendo is at 4-defense, no need to stealth, because Cutlass can't hurt you. And since opponent didn't have any allies on board other than a CP'd Aeon, most opponents won't waste a Stop Thief on Crescendo at that point. If they do, fine, let them waste it on Crescendo that turn and they can take a card. That's one less item-D.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Best card to use vs millstalker: anarchic looting
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by FDL View Post
    DT wasn't changed, but its implementation in the digital game was adjusted to reflect the wording after DP went to print.
    That's good, I think a similar thing happened with how resources added/subtracted in the game, its good they can nudge things but I'd still like to have real errattas even if physical cards have been printedeveneve

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by planarbox View Post
    That's good, I think a similar thing happened with how resources added/subtracted in the game, its good they can nudge things but I'd still like to have real errattas even if physical cards have been printedeveneve
    Very few cards would warrant erratta at this point. I think the no erratta policy should go on as long as possible. Requiring an erratta page to go along with your card game is tedious, and IMO is one of the drawbacks of games like MTG. The fact that you not only had to know your cards but stay updated on any possible changes that may have occurred to any of them is asking a lot of the player base. Most of it is just to cover up for the fact that MTG didn't invest enough in beta testing.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerFederer View Post
    Millstalker is an abuse champion for players with no talent, skill or ability.

Who are willing to grind for 30 minutes to exploit the fact that players only carry limited removals and abuse moonstalkers ability to nearly infinitely delay.

Players will continue to play Millstalker because he has some auto-win matchups and winning means more to them than actually having a good contest, trying to outplay their opponent and learning the game. Its irrelevant what opponent is doing, millstalker just plays is own game of drawing/delaying till the opponent runs out of cards/allies/damage/burn. Millstalker is the closest thing to cheating in the game (though yes its a legal deck).

Thankfully Shattered Fates has introduced cards like Endia, vermin and multiple item removals (although human ally based heroes still have few and pitiful resources available to deal with stealth) to keep Millstalker numbers down - Unlike DP, where at one stage 3 out of 5 games I would play were millstalkers - its at this point where you decide the game is not fun, balanced and worth playing and move onto other games.
    I used to think that way, its just a phase friend. Refer here http://www.shadowera.com/showthread.php?t=34043
    Quote Originally Posted by Delay of Game View Post
    My 2-cents:

You need 4 copies of Scythe of Fate...and never sac any unless you're confident opponent has blown all their item-D's, and also don't cast Scythe too early in game. If opponent wants to hand-lock, perfect, you'll just discard their cards for them. But always make sure you have at least 2 AHiL already cycled on bottom of your deck (i.e. But 4 copies of AHiL, of course).

When Crescendo is at 4-defense, no need to stealth, because Cutlass can't hurt you. And since opponent didn't have any allies on board other than a CP'd Aeon, most opponents won't waste a Stop Thief on Crescendo at that point. If they do, fine, let them waste it on Crescendo that turn and they can take a card. That's one less item-D.
    Thanks man, was trying a new build but SoF ended up saving my life, Ill keep your tips in mind.
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง
    Justiciar of the Audacious
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." -- Author Unknown

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by planarbox View Post
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by bobrossw View Post
    Very few cards would warrant erratta at this point. I think the no erratta policy should go on as long as possible. Requiring an erratta page to go along with your card game is tedious, and IMO is one of the drawbacks of games like MTG. The fact that you not only had to know your cards but stay updated on any possible changes that may have occurred to any of them is asking a lot of the player base. Most of it is just to cover up for the fact that MTG didn't invest enough in beta testing.
    Even then really all I'm asking for is a higher hand size if discarding full hands would be too much a problem.
    I've been relying mostly on gimmick/combo decks and a full hand is actually very displeasing when you only have a handful (HAHA GET IT) of limited choices unless I'm playing hastebomb I guess or constantly playing then drawing a card that I sadly find out it was in the bottom of the deck In a nutshell if full hands won't be punished then can we embrace(?) them by increasing hand size? (Dunno if it would call for bigger decks though and we really don't have the cardpool for that unless its SM's MONSTER Garth)
    Greatness, Reborn

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." -- Author Unknown

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    So once again...you want a rules change in order to increase the effectiveness of the most annoying variant (stalliest) of a deck that most people find annoying to play against? Btw, personally I'm loving millstalker...by far my favorite matchup with monster Garth.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bobrossw View Post
    So once again...you want a rules change in order to increase the effectiveness of the most annoying variant (stalliest) of a deck that most people find annoying to play against? Btw, personally I'm loving millstalker...by far my favorite matchup with monster Garth.
    I mentioned hastebomb in there somewhere.
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Heathy debate is good, but let's not forget some universal truths that I believe we can ALL agree on:

(1) Millstalker rocks!
    (2) Bloodpack Shaman is pure evil and must be destroyed.
    (3) I'm an all-around cool person
    (4) Frying Pan is both the coolest & dumbest card I have ever seen. Ever.

I think I've echoed these same sentiments in many past forum posts. But I'm glad we can all find common ground and agree on this list as inalienable truths