Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

This is why we need full hands to be punished.

BP LucasBlitz vs 1927009
    Smart guy pretty fun game, but half the match was us just skipping turns with full hands. I went along cause Millstalker OP anyway but a part of the game was just... mexican standoff?
    A full hand rule/mechanic would be fun to have being that a card gets exiled if you hand is full or simply discarded. The only catch is that millstalker will be Unstoppable being able to bad santa your full hands puny mortals Its a risk I'd be willing to take.
    Last edited by LucasBlitz; 03-16-2015 at 07:47 AM.
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง
    Justiciar of the Audacious
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." -- Author Unknown
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There's no real advantage in keeping your hand full by playing no cards during your turn. A rule like the one you proposed would just enhance the strength of Santa bombs and do little to no harm to real stall decks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ^This.

A player purposefully keeping his hand full to prevent draw is a pretty rare occurrence (and unless it's against a Millstalker, it doesn't last for many turns).

On the other hand, a player not drawing because he has reached the hand limit is a common occurrence and your proposed change would greatly change the way this is handled.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Solution: don't play stall decks.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This is an interesting point.
    I like the idea personally, but things like bad Santa would cause an issue.
    For it to be sensible, it would mean players discard either during an upkeep step (after drawing but before saccing) or during the end step of their turn.

Bad Santa causes an issue here because one player will draw during the opposing turn, so it will be a bit of a pain when it comes to discarding excess. It would make sense if bad Santa had wording like 'both players draw UP TO 3 cards if hand limit isn't reached' because then it could still cap out at the hand limit and it would still allow the discard to be during the same step for both players, since bad Santa wouldn't trigger a discard this way.

Maybe make a ruling that the player ALWAYS draws during draw step only, and then discards to hand limit before the turn proceeds. This would mean abilities like bad Santa can still cap out, but the game doesn't come to a complete standstill if situations like the one you described arise.

But again, that could create and advantage for discard decks, so there would need to be a ruling that only discards during the actual play step would count for certain things (dagger of fate for instance) which again complicates things.
    Ross014 - Intrepid Learner of Secrets
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why not just sac every turn and go for a OTK when you have enough resources?
    Raised in Exile. Trained in Kiptergarten. Mastering the ways of SE one step at a time.

Long live the Queen...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Why not just punish them if their hand is full for 3 consecutive turns?
    Member of Shadow Era Titans

IGN: SET Xavier
    Telegram: @SETXavier

Any questions about my post or general message me on telegram

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Except wulven really hates errattas since they started producing physical cards. They've stated they will NEVER change a card once it goes to print (a position I'm not overly happy with) so bad Santa and possibly core rules (they redefine but never add/remove rules as far as I know) are basically off the table for discussion.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Warr Byrd View Post
    Solution: don't play stall decks.
    This. I watched some of the game, basically you're playing the variant of mill stalker with nearly no offensive power. How do people punish others for doing nothing during their turns? By playing offensive threats and winning...if your deck has no (or too few) offensive threats, then why should the opponent do anything?

If you need to play a card or 2 every turn to keep up your stall, and the opponent just has to wait for an opening, then why should they throw away their cards? If you can force the opponent to play some cards to deal with your cards, then maybe you can keep the flow of cards going on both sides and win the stall game. If your deck can only react, then you leave yourself open to the strategy of "do nothing."

Essentially there is already a card that does exactly what you want - it essentially reads "5cc - if your opponent doesn't do anything, they take 5 damage next turn" it's called Shadow Knight.
    Last edited by bobrossw; 03-16-2015 at 04:14 PM.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    When I come across a millstalker in qm and realize they have no offense, I just lay my device on the charger and take a nap
    Nothing like waking up from a nap to a victory screen, then watching the match in ff while enjoying a Debbie cake and a cup of milk