Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

[SF] Tempo Elementalis

So, I've been playing this kind of tempo Elementalis deck in Call of the Crystals (link) and Dark Prophecies (link) and spent the last month updating it for Shattered Fates. I've been enjoying a 60% at 300 so it seems good enough to post.

x1 Elemantalis

x4 Ironhide Karash
    x3 Harbinger of the Lost
    x4 Infernal Gargoyle
    x4 Reactorary
    x3 Rampant Krygon
    x2 DMT
    x4 Murderous Hulk
    x4 Belladonna
    x1 Falseblood Cultist
    x3 Shadow Knight

x4 Bloodthirsty
    x3 MC/Overwhelm

This is the version with the most allies yet (31).

The deck works the same way, out tempo your opponent in the early turns and drop threats every single turn to take over the game.

There are many ways to deal 4 and 5 damage on turn 3 and/or 4 going first and second and you can win games right then and there (I mean, the other will continue playing, but he will never catch up ). If you don't come up clearly on top, it's okay as long as you're the one dictating play. There is no comeback power here, but with so much early game power, it's not needed (and I don't want to dilute the deck).

Murderous Hulk is the big addition from SF. He comes a turn sooner than Plasma Behemoth, has more survivability (both because he has more HP and because he comes sooner) and his ability is much easier to trigger while continuing to develop your board.

Belladonna is still a key card. Dropped on a controlled board, she can seal the deal. Especially if you opponent had to spend removal on your weenies. I don't mind running her into removal and even board wipes (if they have it, she still cantripped, if they don't you win). She's perfect to play before a Hulk as she will draw the removal and he will take over the game. Shadow Knight serves the same purpose (and he's a low maintenance body).

Cultist + Reactorary is cute, but with low draw power, it's hard to have both cards at once in hand so I maximized the number of Bellas. Cultist as Bella #5 is reasonable though. On the other hand, Reacto is also a pretty nice addition from SF. He's also very powerful on a controlled board and create great openings for Bella.

The deck is built to abuse midrange decks that need to spend a turn setting up their draw. You, you never stop. Every move you make improves your board position and you should always be ahead by one ally. If you build a big enough advantage on turns 3-4-5, the game will end things by turn 7. Drawing once from Bella and once or twice from Bloodthirsty will be more than enough.

Obviously, most decks have a stronger late game than you have, but the plan of dropping hard to kill allies over and over is surprisingly resilient. You want to close things by turn 7, but it's possible to win games that go to decking.

Your favorite prey are decks that really on direct damage, your high HP dudes greatly devalue their cards. Crippling Blow and Now You're Mine type removal are obviously more problematic, but they only carry that many. Thankfully, decks that rely on these cards are often soft to swarming so you stand a chance against them too.

I used Mind Control while tweaking the allies and it's still fine. One is often enough (sacrifice all 5 cost cards in your opening hand). I carried Overwhelm in my last 15 or so games, but haven't cast it once I think. I like the cantripping potential and it has roughly the same damage output to the opposing Hero but I think I'm going back to MC.

I don't know if it's better than the Meat Wagon decks (haven't played them), but it's a pretty solid deck. I wouldn't call it Tier 1, but it's not that far.

If you want more specific information, feel free to ask!
    Last edited by FDL; 03-14-2015 at 06:34 PM.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    looks good, i havent played Ele alot last months, might try this one out

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ok, so I did end the season at 300+ playing only this deck.

I'll grant you that I did not play that much in the last weeks of the season, but I still produced an 18-12 record in my last 30 games, all of which were played while I was above 300.

So, I'd say it's a solid Tier 2 deck.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis