Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Bone Sabre bug (not a bug)

A1 Jao vs Huang6

Cryptspawn Tormentor and Derkan is on my side of the board. Derkan is poisoned. Baduruu with Bone Sabre attacks Lily Rosecult. Cryptspawn Tormentor does not attack Lily Rosecult.

i lost this game right on this play!
    Want to Join A1?

A1: Evolution in Theory. To stop evolving is to die.

It is one of my greatest hopes that in the future, mankind achieves enlightenment so high we would not need rules, laws, or government to keep the peace and govern ourselves. By our own motivation and volition, we would do what is right and just because it is right and just. This is the central tenet of anarchy. Not chaos and lawlessness, but free will and self-actualization.

Visit my blog: Potpourri

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Was Bone Sabre on its last durability? If so, not a bug. It doesn't work if on its last durability because it destroys itself before it can make your Undead ally attack.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Der'kan the Bone King and Cryptspawn Tormentor have the same attack, so Bone Sabre would have used the ally that was played first, Der'kan. However, Der'kan was also disabled, so Der'kan could not attack. Furthermore, even if Bone Sabre had tried to use Cryptspawn Tormentor, it was exhausted, which prevents it from attacking.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Warr Byrd View Post
    Furthermore, even if Bone Sabre had tried to use Cryptspawn Tormentor, it was exhausted, which prevents it from attacking.
    Bone Sabre will make exhausted allies attack.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Both of your allies were tied for highest attack, so naturally SRO dictates that Der'kan would be the one to attack because he was played first. Since he was disabled he could not attack along with your Bone Sabre.

Der'kan the Bone King and Cryptspawn Tormentor have the same attack, so Bone Sabre would have used the ally that was played first, Der'kan. However, Der'kan was also disabled, so Der'kan could not attack. Furthermore, even if Bone Sabre had tried to use Cryptspawn Tormentor, it was exhausted, which prevents it from attacking.
    Ninja'd!
    Raised in Exile. Trained in Kiptergarten. Mastering the ways of SE one step at a time.

Long live the Queen...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by FDL View Post
    Bone Sabre will make exhausted allies attack.
    It hasn't in my limited experience. But it was the point about Der'kan that was actually relevant to the case in question.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It should definitely make exhausted guys attack, but yeah, SRO would dictate which should attack in case of a tie, and if the ally that would then attack is disabled, then no attack.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It hasn't in my limited experience. But it was the point about Der'kan that was actually relevant to the case in question.
    GDC confirmed it does. I believe Bone Sabre only checks if the ally is disabled in some way.
    Raised in Exile. Trained in Kiptergarten. Mastering the ways of SE one step at a time.

Long live the Queen...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Bone Sabre makes exhausted allies attack. i've dropped undead allies, summoned Bone Sabre and had the just dropped ally attack. the attack will also not exhaust the undead ally if it's ready to attack on your turn. you can get the undead ally to attack, and then attack with it again.

Bone Sabre's text "Ambush. At the end of combat where an opposing ally was damaged by Bone Sabre, that ally is attacked by the friendly Undead ally with the highest attack, IF ABLE."

it doesn't say "that ally is attacked by the first undead ally summoned" or even resolves the issue with 2 undead allies having 2 equal attack values. the qualifier "IF ABLE" makes it mean that Bone Sabre will search for the highest attack undead ally that is not disabled.

if that is not the intent, then it needs to be clarified on the card text.
    Last edited by Jao; 03-11-2015 at 04:26 AM.
    Want to Join A1?

A1: Evolution in Theory. To stop evolving is to die.

It is one of my greatest hopes that in the future, mankind achieves enlightenment so high we would not need rules, laws, or government to keep the peace and govern ourselves. By our own motivation and volition, we would do what is right and just because it is right and just. This is the central tenet of anarchy. Not chaos and lawlessness, but free will and self-actualization.

Visit my blog: Potpourri

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Jao View Post
    Bone Sabre makes exhausted allies attack. i've dropped undead allies, summoned Bone Sabre and had the just dropped ally attack.

Bone Sabre's text "Ambush. At the end of combat where an opposing ally was damaged by Bone Sabre, that ally is attacked by the friendly Undead ally with the highest attack, IF ABLE."

it doesn't say "that ally is attacked by the first undead ally summoned" or even resolves the issue with 2 undead allies having 2 equal attack values. the qualifier "IF ABLE" makes it mean that Bone Sabre will search for the highest attack undead ally that is not disabled.

if that is not the intent, then it needs to be clarified on the card text.
    The "if able" also means if that opposing ally is able to be attacked (wouldn't work if the ally it would attack has stealth, like Night Shade)
    Avenger of Valhalla
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn