Close

Thread: A bit too much

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

A bit too much

Elementis deck stacked with mind control....tough...but beatable....but Elementis stacked with mind control and the card to reshuffle your graveyard is a bit OP IMHO....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    With a good hunter deck you can give them a run for their money but Elementis with stacked Mind Control and Eternal Renewal it is near impossible to defeat this deck....constant mind controlling and sacrificing you allies and then reshuffling mind control and eternal renewal is way too much

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In the realm of reality, nothing's impossible. Probably difficult, but not impossible Either update your strategy and/or deck OR play an Elementalis deck as well.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I said near impossible....not impossible....I'm sure it's beatable....but probably 98% of the time is isn't....I'm just saying it is way unbalanced...sure we could all throw together a 30 card deck of Elementis and be bored playing the same deck...it's a matter of balance....that Elemnetis deck build is way unbalanced...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I was never contradicting anything you said; I was just making my own statement.

Anyway, in v1.23, Eladwen was at the top; v1.24, Zaladar was. At the current version, and coming from a standpoint that has been around since v1.23, the game has more or less become much more balanced. Prior to the release of v1.25, Elemental decks were running rampant (and who could blame them with multiple HBMs, permanent Mind Controls, Transference from the opponent's hand and deck milling with Bazaar, Bad Santa and Eternal Renewal?). You'll be sure to face an Elemental deck 9 out of 10 times. With the balance changes that were implemented for v1.25, the game has moved a step closer to being balanced. We're seeing much more variety in terms of decks, which wasn't the case in prior versions.

Sure, there's always going to be that one deck that will probably come up on top, but, it is not unbeatable 98% that you claim. My advice is to ask the community for help in tweaking your deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've been playing a lot of games that go thru a lot of changes to balance things out...that deck needs a lot of nerfs to balance things out...I've been playing quite a few different decks...the Elementis one I mentioned is way OP...it does need a bit of a nerf....I dont' say this cuz I am getting beat all the time...I get beat a lot on different decks I try...that one is just way too much...I've seen it in action and to be honest...I'd like to hear you opinion on what sort of strategy you'd use with the cards available to defeat it...enlighten us please...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Elementalis is NOT unbeatable, I've beat it twice, once with banebow and with the chick hunter...if you know they're gonna play MC just don't lay out allies, the only thing I hate about it is the card that let's them draw my cards, transfusion I think? But yeah its totally beatable

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Okay, I'll share my experience against them here. Just note that this is coming from hunter's POV, which is what I mainly play with.

Hunters seem to do well against them because their decks are what I can only describe as being, for a lack of a better word, a jack-of-all-trades. Hunter decks are a mixture of allies and weapons and also have access to a two types of Transference in Night Prowler and Gravedigger's Cloak. Allies help chip away opponent's health at the start before bows do much of the damage. With Prowler and Digger's Cloak, there's a huge chance of grabbing their Eternal Renewal to play the deck-milling game against them.

Again, don't hesitate to ask the community for some tips and deck compositions to help you out too. By the way, mind if I ask what deck are you mainly playing?
    Last edited by jiminee; 04-27-2011 at 04:04 AM. Reason: typo

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    From another Hunter player, it is beatable. I'm about 50/50 I think right now against that deck. The best is holding onto the Digger until Renewal is played, and then cast it and grab that card. I had one match where the other player just quit after I did that.

It's like doing the Retreat/Prowler combo on Aeon in 1.24. (Speaking of which, he seems absent in 1.25 so far).
    Guild: Marksmen | Name/Game Center ID: Smerle