Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviosablade View Post
    The trick is your allies are fodder and are meant to die treat them like a
    Cheap stripper lol
    It becomes easier once you don't care about your allies

I'm pretty sure Krygons & DMT all want to better themselves. You hurt their feelings when you refer to them as "cheap strippers"

in the Graveyard,Amongst the fallen blades
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Delay of Game View Post
    I'm pretty sure Krygons & DMT all want to better themselves. You hurt their feelings when you refer to them as "cheap strippers"
    I think they are amazing allies but expecting to t let them live long in a deck where the hero has no offensive/defensive abillity is just not a good idea. But if you treat them like a cheap burn spell it's easier to plan what you wil do in the game ahead of time. The deck itself is cheap burn and draw so that's why I say cheap strippers
    Avenger Of The Fallen Blade,
    Warriors Of The Blue Phoenix
    Greatness , Reborn

LDL CHAMPION 23 APR 13
    Season 15 Ranking: 65
    Season 22 Ranking: 88

Blue Phoneix Guild Leader

JOIN THE MOST EPIC GUILD EVER: Warriors of The Blue Phoenix

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread.php?19877-Guild-Warriors-of-the-Blue-Phoenix-Greatness-Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think the problem with Gravebone is this: You use his ability to bring a strong ally on board, however, good decks have a way to deal with strong allies (usual outcome when I play vs GB: Darkath - Transmog curse - quit). So you would need to be bringing strong allies more often, so what,are you going to do? include 4 shadow fonts? At the same time, you have to get your allies to graveyard while your opponent has plenty of time to kill you. I think even with ability cost 3SE he would still be weak.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by dejvo View Post
    I think the problem with Gravebone is this: You use his ability to bring a strong ally on board, however, good decks have a way to deal with strong allies (usual outcome when I play vs GB: Darkath - Transmog curse - quit). So you would need to be bringing strong allies more often, so what,are you going to do? include 4 shadow fonts? At the same time, you have to get your allies to graveyard while your opponent has plenty of time to kill you. I think even with ability cost 3SE he would still be weak.
    That's a misconception IMO.

I'd be willing to bet that Gravebone has won more games by reviving a Gargoyle than by bringing back a Dakrath.

I've cut Dakrath from my GB deck a long time ago. Actually, if you look at my Gravebone deck, you'll only see 3 5cc allies (and I'm not even looking to cheat them in).

Going the Gargoyle/Pheonix way, I'm able to exhaust my opponent's removal and always have a nice complement to my burn spells on the board. The Defilers are only there for their awesome synergy with Supernova.

I'll echo levio's thought: Gravebone should be played as a fast tempo Hero. Play allies early, send everything to the face, Nova + ability, finish with burn. It's actually quite similar to Elad rush with a slightly worse early game, but a slightly better late game.
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by FDL View Post
    That's a misconception IMO.
    Ok, there are two ways to play Gravebone, either bring heavy guys (darkath, infernus, karios) or use his ability to flood the board with your allies. I agree that the second way is better, I don't have darkath in any of my GB decks (and GB is one of my favourite heroes, so I have plenty of decks). Still, there's many cards which can thwart you - tidal wave, supernova, yari marksmann, energy discharge etc.

I think levio's deck is still the best thing I've seen for GB and think one of my best games was draw with him (both with GB and if he hadn't supernova in hand I'd have won), but he uses him very differently, his aim is to have hand full of cards to deal with every situation, so his allies have less life-security than characters in walking dead, because he sacs everyone of them

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Here is what I noticed. If a deck is depending on one or few key cards, it appears to be working below 300 (rating) but gets doomed above it. Depending on few cards is never a good idea no matter which hero. Darkath GB wins (relatively) easy between 200-270 but requires a different approach above it. Thats my experience at least.
    IGN: A1 Priest Amar

Here I am to carry faith, spread goodness, and serve others. Except when I am stealing your cards from your hand.

Vimeo Video Channel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ok, there are two ways to play Gravebone, either bring heavy guys (darkath, infernus, karios) or use his ability to flood the board with your allies. I agree that the second way is better, I don't have darkath in any of my GB decks (and GB is one of my favourite heroes, so I have plenty of decks). Still, there's many cards which can thwart you - tidal wave, supernova, yari marksmann, energy discharge etc.

I think levio's deck is still the best thing I've seen for GB and think one of my best games was draw with him (both with GB and if he hadn't supernova in hand I'd have won), but he uses him very differently, his aim is to have hand full of cards to deal with every situation, so his allies have less life-security than characters in walking dead, because he sacs everyone of them
    Love the walking dead analogy. But the best way is bringing cheaper cost allies that are harder to kill or manipulate like I do with sbo. Because it allows you to flood cast spells reset tempo. Basically being resilient being able to comeback from a board wipe or to rest the board with a dominant position.
    And I agree if it weren't for the nova you may have won XD reason: I sometimes sac fireballs not because I want too it's because I had too.cant always draw the cards you want.
    Greatness , Reborn

LDL CHAMPION 23 APR 13

http://www.shadowera.com/showthread.php?19877-Guild-Warriors-of-the-Blue-Phoenix-Greatness-Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yep, messed around with Gravebone and got Raped by all kinds of decks. Every elemental hero I play happens to have a mind control when I summon infernus or darkath. I just stopped using him period!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gother Lee View Post
    Yep, messed around with Gravebone and got Raped by all kinds of decks. Every elemental hero I play happens to have a mind control when I summon infernus or darkath. I just stopped using him period!
    http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....rn-of-The-Ping

Try that out. I never get mind controlled because you can not mc what's not on board
    Greatness , Reborn

LDL CHAMPION 23 APR 13

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gother Lee View Post
    And look at my recent history I'm beating 300+guys
    Greatness , Reborn

LDL CHAMPION 23 APR 13