Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Vision of Endia Needs a Slight Change

Suggested Change for Vision of Endia (was previously just a buff): Attach to target opposing ally. Damage to that ally can't be reduced or prevented, and all combat damage to that ally from your hero is doubled. Your hero can attack allies regardless of stealth during this turn.

Reason: Currently without the change, the card is automatically passed over for the other ally removal/control weapon based heroes have in order to cover stealth, with there being only one exception.

The only competitive deck which I have seen it in is in Baduruu decks. As there no need to worry about stealth since Grundler's Double is the main weapon in this deck, a player can choose to run either Vision of Endia or The Perfect Shot. In comparison, Serena would never be able to swap Assassination for Vision of Endia due to her weaknesses to stealth. Another example is Logan, despite both of his new toys Pithing Spear and Lythian Sledgehammer benefiting from him killing an ally in combat, he is forced to stand there holding his weapon with a big sad puppy dog face and use CB on an ally in stealth like the other warriors. Now of course allies like VA, DT, MH and FT can deal with low health allies with stealth when using Logan, the previous statement was made in regard to matches against Lance and MS.

The Buff: Below I have highlighted the advantages of the buff per weapon based hero which benefits from killing an ally or has to attack allies at some point in a match to keep control of the board:

Serena

• Vision of Endia becomes a viable alternative to Assassination, with each card having advantages and disadvantages.
    • Helps improve the playability of Fan of Blades.
    • Could support the development of aggro-control Serena decks using Zailen Crusader, Backstab, VoE and FoB for example.
    • Could support the development of semi-solo builds in future expansions using VoE, Wily Smuggler, Hit List (RiF), Aldmor Accelerator, FoB/Spirit Shuriken, Black Garb, Metamorphic Cloak and Crimson Vest for example.

Logan (for decks running Pithing Spear)

• Helps improves the playability of Killing Spree. This could encourage builds using a mix of 2x VoE and 2x Killing Spree instead of 4x CB, a mix which is more in line with Logan’s style as the warrior which kills allies. For example, use VoE on an opposing Sandworm, ping Sandworm with Rampant Krygon and kill it with a weapon. This is compared to using CB on Sandworm only for ALR to be used during the next turn, forcing you to use Logan's ability to kill it.

Baduruu

• Slight buff for Baduruu decks running VoE when against decks with stealth, as it will give the opportunity to attack an ally/allies in stealth with the secondary weapons.

Gwen and Darkclaw

• Being able to run VoE instead of the other ally removal/control could support the development of slower builds. In other words, ally based decks in which the hero ability and double attacks are used to assist in controlling the board.

The Nerf: For Baduruu, the only hero who currently uses it, the nerf will have minimal effect. In any match I have seen VoE being played it has always been Baduruu who attacked the ally which VoE is attached to. This minor loss in flexibility can be considered a trade-off for being able to attack allies in stealth with the secondary weapons.

Additional Comments: While the card may be neutral, the restrictive nature of the suggested change will make it useful only to certain weapon heroes with particular builds e.g. Serena running FoB and will save having to make an faction or class copy of the card to help the builds discussed.
    Last edited by raizoir; 03-17-2015 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Due to feedback

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You're basically asking for either Nowhere to Hide + Garth's ability or Layarian Diplomat + Garth's ability to be Vision of Endia.
    Sounds OP but I'm all for it.
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง
    Justiciar of the Audacious
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." -- Author Unknown

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's a neutral card, so I doubt they'd ever make it too much stronger. At least it's better now than it was originally, now that it helps ignore damage reduction and immunity.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Since the number-one-rated QM player for Season 24 ran 2 copies of this in his deck, I'm inclined to think it's OK. But what others said about it being Neutral is also true.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by LucasBlitz View Post
    You're basically asking for either Nowhere to Hide + Garth's ability or Layarian Diplomat + Garth's ability to be Vision of Endia.
    Sounds OP but I'm all for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by tman507 View Post
    It's a neutral card, so I doubt they'd ever make it too much stronger. At least it's better now than it was originally, now that it helps ignore damage reduction and immunity.
    How about also nerfing it by changing any damage being doubled to only weapon damage being doubled? Such a change will still retain the purpose of the card, while limiting the potential for abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Since the number-one-rated QM player for Season 24 ran 2 copies of this in his deck, I'm inclined to think it's OK. But what others said about it being Neutral is also true.
    I have checked out some of A1 Otto7’s past games, as it only goes back 5 days I can only see the hero he is using this season so I will assume he used Baduruu in the previous season (plus in one of his replays I saw him use VoE). As I highlighted in my opening comment VoE is a viable card for such decks since Grundler's Double is the main weapon, the other weapon based heroes are however forced to use their other ally control/removal in order to cover stealth. As highlighted by some of the benefits I listed, this current restriction can prevent some builds from emerging, or at the very least be one of the factors limiting such a build.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, one thing is for sure, serena needs some buff vs moonstalker

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Drow37 View Post
    Why?
    ETC

ENJOY THINK CREATE

I'm an ETC newbie so please underestimate me (I like advantages )

“I'm awesome.”-Me

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Uhuh sure.
    Justiciar of the Audacious
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." -- Author Unknown

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Well, one thing is for sure, you know not of which you speak

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Delay of Game View Post
    Well, one thing is for sure, you know not of which you speak
    yup...Garth and Lance have the biggest issues vs Moonstalker, and that's really only because of Bloodpack Shaman. Every other MS build is potentially difficult but counterable by all rogues.

Serena doesn't have huge problems vs Moonstalker in general either. By stealing, forcing discards and countering stealth with cards like assassination and spirit shuriken, Serena is able to achieve 40-60% win rates vs most Moonstalker decks.

The only exception IMO is undead moonstalker - which is probably closer to a 30-40% win rate (grave resistance makes it too hard to kill allies without removal cards, which then leaves you vulnerable to stealth).

If you've got 2x Sorceror of Endia, you should have decent odds vs a Millstalker deck as well.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!