Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Exclamation Game Clients not logging in (iOS and OS X)

Hello,

I used to play shadow era long ago, but my old client no longer worked. It gave the error that the server is no longer being used and to please update to the new one. I assume that means I have lost all that I had done; no biggie, I'm ok there.

I went to shadowera.com and signed up (as it didn't know about my name or email) and I am able to log in and out from the website with no issues.

I downloaded and installed the game client app on my MacBook Pro. I tried to login and it says "Error: incorrect Password! Please visit shadowera.com if you need to change your password."
    I then changed my password, twice even. each time I get the same results. I can login to the site with no issues, but I am unable to sign into the game client.

I installed the client on my iPhone and my iPad and they have the same problem as the OS X version. I tried reinstalling the apps on all three devices, no change. I tried clearing caches and rebooting, no change on any device.

Also, many times, when I try to relaunch the app on the computer it crashes. I then have to launch it while holding the shift key in order to bypass the previous saved state. It launches after that, just won't log in.

I am at a loss - is the server not connected to the game clients? do the PC/Android versions have the same issues? Is there something else I need to do on the website in order to activate the client login option?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TZ

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I emailed the support@shadowera.com email about this on 3/3 but no response. I'm hoping someone in here will know.

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespucia View Post
    Hello,

I used to play shadow era long ago, but my old client no longer worked. It gave the error that the server is no longer being used and to please update to the new one. I assume that means I have lost all that I had done; no biggie, I'm ok there.

I went to shadowera.com and signed up (as it didn't know about my name or email) and I am able to log in and out from the website with no issues.

I downloaded and installed the game client app on my MacBook Pro. I tried to login and it says "Error: incorrect Password! Please visit shadowera.com if you need to change your password."
    I then changed my password, twice even. each time I get the same results. I can login to the site with no issues, but I am unable to sign into the game client.

I installed the client on my iPhone and my iPad and they have the same problem as the OS X version. I tried reinstalling the apps on all three devices, no change. I tried clearing caches and rebooting, no change on any device.

Also, many times, when I try to relaunch the app on the computer it crashes. I then have to launch it while holding the shift key in order to bypass the previous saved state. It launches after that, just won't log in.

I am at a loss - is the server not connected to the game clients? do the PC/Android versions have the same issues? Is there something else I need to do on the website in order to activate the client login option?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TZ
    Hi. Firstly, I'm unclear what you mean by signed up on the website. Do you mean this forum? This forum is entirely separate to the actual game. If you are being told you've used the wrong password when you try to sign into the game client or at game.shadowera.com then that's because actually your old account which you used on the old version of the client is linked to that email address you are trying to reuse. That old account is still very much valid for whatever version of SE comes out (you have not lost all that you have done), but you need an updated client and you need to log in with the email address associated with that account and appropriate password.

Can you remember the email address that you used to play the game with? I can look you up on the system then.

Incorrect password is not a crash, by the way. It's because you already have an account that it knows about and you are not supplying the correct password for it. Feel free to create a new account from game.shadowera.com and log in with that to prove to yourself that actually all clients are fine. That will cost you nothing and you get a new alternate account for fun, providing you have a second email address for it. Meanwhile, send me a PM telling me your email address for your original account and I'll look you up.

Having said that, if your original account was called Vespucia and you created it in May 2011 then I have found you in the system already. Do let me know!

Thanks!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thank you for the quick reply. I did the sign up at shadowera.com as suggested in the error in the client. I did this hoping to change my password for the game client, but that seems to have only signed me up for the forum.... :\

I have tried logging in using Vespucia, but it says I need a valid email address, not my username. Even at game.shadowera.com it wants the email address. the same login info that fails in the clients also fails at the game.shadowera.com site.

The client says that my email address is already registered with the game.

No ,I don't mean that the incorrect password is a crash. What I mean is, when I close the game after getting that error, then try to re-open it, it crashes (won't launch) and OS X says "this app has quit unexpectedly, would you like to send a report to Apple?". No, I don't call failed logins crashes.

However, other than the previous crashes, I am not logged in and playing, so thank you