Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cutlass

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

cutlass

when serena kills an ally with her ability on cutlass, she sometimes steals from the opponents hand,sometimes from the opponent's deck. why does it differ?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think that when it shows stealing from the deck, what is really happening is she is stealing the card that is being drawn from the deck.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah, Cutlass draws, then discards, but if you happen to steal the one that just got drawn, the game just skips showing it go to the hand first. Sorta a animation bug I guess.
    "IT'S TIME TO DUEL!!!"
    "The Magnificent."
    Account for any future SC transfers by Gondorian: BP tman507

Member of PFG3
    Master of Hand-to-hand Combat
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Official Shadow Era Wiki Moderator

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ok.this is what happened.in one match when my opponent killed my ally with cutlass she stole from my hand, i can see that.but yesterday, my opponent had only one card in his hand and i knew it was cutlass, cus he just brought it back with lily rosecult.when i killed hia ally hoping to steal his cutlass instead i got another card from his deck, so it's not an animation thing.it doesnt work properly.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    He had one card in his hand. You killed his Lily. Cutlass caused him to draw a card increasing his hand to two. Cutlass then caused him to discard a card. The card he discarded happened to be the one he just drew, there's a 50% chance of that happening. His hand is back down to one card. Just an animation bug skipping the go to hand part. If you think something else is happening, give us your in game name and that of your opponent so someone can check it out.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, the game doesn't display interim placement of cards, showing their transition from each spot to the next, but just shows where they finally end up.

So a card was drawn to hand then discarded into grave and then put into your hand but the game just shows it coming from deck straight to yours.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think the real game bug is the fact that Serena/Cutlass can even take our cards. So not cool.

Serena's greediness is very uncouth.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Read the text on Thoughtripper's Cutlass - it is very clear, when you kill an ally with it, the opponent draws one card and then discards one card at random from hand (potentially including the card drawn).

When cutlass has 4 attack (after Serena's activated her ability), the discarded cards are instead stolen.

So what the game is doing is randomly picking one card from the cards in hand and the top card from the deck to discard/steal. Then it is moving that card directly to its destination. It's just a simplified animation, rather than showing the card going to your hand and then a card going from your hand to the opponent's hand.

This more or less works exactly as written and exactly as the physical game would work, except for one important caveat - if the card that was stolen is the card that the opponent drew (i.e. the top card on the deck), then they don't get to see that card. In the physical game, the player would always get to see that card. They would draw it, shuffle their hand and hold it out to the opponent for them to pick one card at random. So any card that you steal with cutlass - whether from hand or from the top of the deck, should be known to the opponent.
    Last edited by bobrossw; 03-06-2015 at 02:51 PM.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Gondorian View Post
    Yeah, the game doesn't display interim placement of cards, showing their transition from each spot to the next, but just shows where they finally end up.

So a card was drawn to hand then discarded into grave and then put into your hand but the game just shows it coming from deck straight to yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobrossw View Post
    So any card that you steal with cutlass - whether from hand or from the top of the deck, should be known to the opponent.
    Exactly... any chance that this will be fixed sometime soon, Gondorian?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It think it should be made so that stolen cards pop onto the screen like when you play a card, and then go to the hand of the person stealing. That way, spectators get to also see what card gets stolen and everybody is a winner! Lol
    Ross014 - Intrepid Learner of Secrets
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn