Close

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
    CotC Sealed Deck Champion busti's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    +1 to on-enter abilities and activated abilities is huge. Turning everything into gargoyles for one turn is not bad either
    A1 alliance - Evolution in theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bobrossw View Post
    My sense is the DT is going for ally focused mage.
    I see this too.

Quote Originally Posted by bobrossw View Post
    I'm thinking burn and freeze effects also make sense, but if they were going to be included, her ability would have to be toned down in other respects - 3SE: Until the start of your next turn, when opposing allies deal damage to your allies, they are frozen for one turn, when they receive damage from your allies they are set ablaze.
    Nice concept, for focusing on an ally deck. Although the freeze and fire don't seem logical, it makes for a great ability

I'd probably make the following small change and rewording to prevent the opponent from just smashing Raikka in the face:
    3SE: Until the start of your next turn, when opposing allies deal damage to your allies or hero, they are frozen for one turn. When opposing allies receive damage from your allies they are set ablaze.
    + basically buys 1 turn for raikka if the opponent doesn't want units frozen

Alternatively if it must focus on a 'purely fire based theme'
    3SE: Until the start of your next turn, opposing allies and heroes are dealt 2 fire damage when entering combat with allies and hero you control.
    + When your allies attack they will inflict 2 fire damage, before they attack.
    + Opposing allies and hero will feel the burn when they attack you in the following turn
    Last edited by ShrapnelFox; 03-28-2015 at 08:07 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ShrapnelFox View Post
    I see this too.

Nice concept, for focusing on an ally deck. Although the freeze and fire don't seem logical, it makes for a great ability

I'd probably make the following small change and rewording to prevent the opponent from just smashing Raikka in the face:
    3SE: Until the start of your next turn, when opposing allies deal damage to your allies or hero, they are frozen for one turn. When opposing allies receive damage from your allies they are set ablaze.
    + basically buys 1 turn for raikka if the opponent doesn't want units frozen

Alternatively if it must focus on a 'purely fire based theme'
    3SE: Until the start of your next turn, opposing allies and heroes are dealt 2 fire damage when entering combat with allies and hero you control.
    + When your allies attack they will inflict 2 fire damage, before they attack.
    + Opposing allies and hero will feel the burn when they attack you in the following turn
    So basically super Threbin? Don't try and drag other heroes beneath you!
    Raised in Exile. Trained in Kiptergarten. Mastering the ways of SE one step at a time.

Long live the Queen...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I found out that Guardian of Unaxio also reduces damage from own Blood Frenzy or Supernova. Isn't it a bit too much with the new ability? Maybe we should limit him to enemy damage.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandevmonium View Post
    I found out that Guardian of Unaxio also reduces damage from own Blood Frenzy or Supernova. Isn't it a bit too much with the new ability? Maybe we should limit him to enemy damage.
    Templar is an odd fit in mages. I've really only seen Guardian maybe twice in Warriors. The tribe just doesn't gain much from either class.
    Raised in Exile. Trained in Kiptergarten. Mastering the ways of SE one step at a time.

Long live the Queen...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganjamus View Post
    Templar is an odd fit in mages. I've really only seen Guardian maybe twice in Warriors. The tribe just doesn't gain much from either class.
    I agree - guardian of unaxio can save a mage one damage from a supernova, then it dies...meanwhile Priest of the light heals one, removes 1 se from opponent and can deal 3 damage - makes much more sense in a rush and has similar benefits when comboing with supernova.

So there's still no great reason to take guardian in a rush mage deck...maybe worth taking in a templar mage deck with paladin of unaxio, etc, but that's a specific type of gimmick deck that I don't see anyone playing anyhow. If this made that good enough to play, then it's probably good for the game.

Guardian may hamper a mage rush now though, which is nice for the game. It makes it less profitable to go for the face, forcing opponents to deal with your allies, which goes counter to the standard rush strategy. If nothing else it prevents a few damage to your hero during a death race.

Regarding warriors and blood frenzy, I think that's good - warriors could use little buffs here and there like that. I don't think it will push them into being overpowered.
    Last edited by bobrossw; 04-06-2015 at 04:37 AM.
    IGN: ETC BobRoss
    "BobRoss puts the 'bRo' in Boss" - Gondorian
    Proud Member of ETC - Errors Terrors & Carers
    Europe/Africa Regional Champion 2014 (also top 8 in World Championship)
    See some videos with commentary of some of my Serena Games on Shadowera.net
    I also do a video show with TJ SamuelJ - Bob and Sam Trollin it Up!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Guys, don't miss out on the analysis of all the card changes from the past two episodes of State of the Era, 18-A and 18-B

Follow the link in my signature, post #2 has all the links to listen.
    -Doctor of Philosophy, A1 Alliance - Evolution in theory
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Santa Bomb ©2011, Lamb Slam & Feedbomb ©2012 - All rights reserved

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

We are all one mind, capable of all imagined, and all conceivable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by BlanketEffect View Post
    Guys, don't miss out on the analysis of all the card changes from the past two episodes of State of the Era, 18-A and 18-B

Follow the link in my signature, post #2 has all the links to listen.
    Do you get money per listen or something? You are spamming these forums like there is no tomorrow :P
    A member of ETC.
    Creator of boomerang combo deck.
    Likes playing lots of card games.

I had a really awful signature in the past so i changed it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Advertisement is not a bad thing
    ETC

ENJOY THINK CREATE

I'm an ETC newbie so please underestimate me (I like advantages )

“I'm awesome.”-Me

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by oggtheman View Post
    Do you get money per listen or something?
    If you can make that happen, I'm all in.
    -Doctor of Philosophy, A1 Alliance - Evolution in theory
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Santa Bomb ©2011, Lamb Slam & Feedbomb ©2012 - All rights reserved

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

We are all one mind, capable of all imagined, and all conceivable.