Close

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

I

@crazygambit sadly that isn't happening apparently based on his ^ reply, so suck it up and just keep watching him mc your dudes and gain his life.

Ps this will do nothing to fix the environment. They will just run 4x instead of 2x renewals, even though it is pretty much game after the first two. Rfg is not the answer.
    Last edited by Sorter; 05-17-2011 at 12:37 PM.
    Guild: Marksmen
    "We are Hunters, and you are our prey.. Fear not the allies you can see. Fear only the arrow that will pierce through your hero.."

Check out my Videos post. I will be updating it once in a while. Bump it if you watched ^^.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    PLEASE MAKE "RETREAT" a neutral ability. how is tht a human ability? its kinda nonsense... plus its a pretty powerful removal. why is tht exclusive to human? and if it hs to be a human ability, we need an awesome shadow ability.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The Wolven controversy is in full swing elsewhere.

I just want to say I've been playing a lot of test matches and I'm pretty happy with the changes to Logan, Eternal Renewal, Pack Wolf and Wrath of the Forest. I haven't tested Baduruu very much yet. He seems weak compared to Gwen (what archer isn't?), but playable. Logan is pretty strong, but like all warriors, has bad matchups.

Anyone else test these cards yet?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Plague needs reworking

Mind control is fine. It is easily countered. Key points for hunters for example is the absence of creeps and using cards like Gravedigger's cloak. Eternal renewal is not an issue either especially when you steal it. Tho you must be careful and sacrifice every card you steal so it does not return back to them. You starve them out of cards pretty fast and without mobs to mind control its useless.

More than that you need to sacrifice large creeps and play with small ones when you play against mind control decks. Another way to control it to tender the mobs less powerful when on the opponent's side like playing War banner and infernal Gargoyles. You won't be threatened. More than anything else, mind control is amazingly predictable, you almost always know then the opponent is going to use so you can easily prevent/ or counter it by using an armor so you won't get damage. Never, ever play Plasma Behemoth on the board for example if you know there's mind control on the other side.

The only card that is unplayable is Plague as it negates any strategy and there is no way to counter it when opponent deploys first. You only have chance to play 2 turns before your mana is zeroed and your chances to establish board control if playing second are very very slim. Plague should cost 5 mana and not 4, only because it massively multiplies the advantage of the player if he draws first.

Other than that, yes Majiya is the hardest opponent of them all if opponent plays it good, meaning overall it is the strongest hero ability compared to any other.

The 2 requirements to have any chance of playing this game are: card drawing and mana. Anything that allows you to control those two requirements either for yourself or the opponent can give a massive advantage. That makes Majiya obviously very powerful on the long run, as it makes plaque equally powerful when it abuses mana control in conjunction with drawing first.
    Last edited by vydox; 06-06-2011 at 03:29 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukkie View Post
    PLEASE MAKE "RETREAT" a neutral ability. how is tht a human ability? its kinda nonsense... plus its a pretty powerful removal. why is tht exclusive to human? and if it hs to be a human ability, we need an awesome shadow ability.
    And Shadow gets item removal in Shriek. I think it's fair that each side has what they do right now.
    Test Server ID: ThEReApR
    Main Server ID: ThEReApR
    Main Server Deck Tester: Stunnah

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'

Senior Member Pretty Pretty Princess's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by vydox View Post
    The only card that is unplayable is Plague as it negates any strategy and there is no way to counter it when opponent deploys first. You only have chance to play 2 turns before your mana is zeroed and your chances to establish board control if playing second are very very slim. Plague should cost 5 mana and not 4, only because it massively multiplies the advantage of the player if he draws first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Pretty Princess View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Pretty Princess View Post
    I actually sent a PM to Calmdown to put it on his watchlist because it might be overpowered. Initially, I thought posting a build involving plague could have disastrous consequences with Priest/Plague decks becoming too prevalent.
    Called it :P

There should be a lower limit on what your resources can be reduced to, something like 1 or 2. That way Plague can't be an early-win card.
    Ah recursion...
    ~PrettyPrettyPrincess~
    v^.^
    Current deck build: Pending Release of Dark Prophecies...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Plague is balanced. Retreat is fine as human. Shriek is fine as shadow.