Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Give Users the Ability to Use Gold to buy Foils

Hello,
    I'll start by saying I've played the game for a while now, and have spent a reasonable amount of money on the game because I like the skill intensive decision making and the very unique sideboard aspect of the resource mechanic. I also really enjoy the new cards that are coming out - they show that there is a lot of room for growth. However, if you look at the amount of money required to get a full foil set, it's incredibly astronomical.

However there are a couple of things that bother me about the game, and one of them is the limited utility of gold after you have a playset of every card that you want. I don't care if you make the price five times higher than the regular version, however locking this content behind the paywall is a really bad way to reward players who dedicate the time and energy to get gold. It would also increase the player pool and player interest in meltdown, and probably increase interest in player streaming meltdown decision making.

Another way to do this would be to add a very inefficient way to convert gold into Shadow crystals. 10,000 gold for a 100 shadow crystals would reward big meltdown winners, and could also add another way to monetize - you could charge a small sum for meltdown entry.

TL/DR - Give us longer term gold outlets so we have a reason to play meltdown, as well as not punish the people who have fuller collections.

I would love everyone's opinions on this matter - Numbers can be tweaked.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That would ruin the game on 2 ends;
    1) developers - ppl would stop spending Money to buy packs and mats, even competitive gaming wouldn't be as fun any more. The game would soon ran out of supporting Money and the entire thing would fall apart.

2) players - the enjoyment. Rankings, tournaments, some cash when you want to treat yourself...so many great ways to earn crystals. The feeling of buying a new mat or pulling sth sweet form a pack...great. And it isn't half as much of achievement if it can be accomplished by just random farming against AI.

Well, that's just my opinion, but I think most ppl can relate to at least some extent.
    Proud member of the Alpha Predator.

IGN: AP JohnnyCRO

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ^ +1 why do people not get this? Ingame money = SC aka Real Money that give you COSMETICS. Its like costumes for a game, you dont NEED it because theyre optional
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง
    Justiciar of the Audacious
    Warrior of the Blue Pheonix
    Greatness, Reborn

"When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car." -- Author Unknown
    (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง the unseen phoenix donger is the deadliest (ง ͠° ل͜ °)ง

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by LucasBlitz View Post
    ^ +1 why do people not get this? Ingame money = SC aka Real Money that give you COSMETICS. Its like costumes for a game, you dont NEED it because theyre optional
    +1
    Sure, it IS ridiculous hard to get more than just a few foils, not to mention a whole deck. But that's the very reason why it is so cool...

On the other hand I must admit that gold is indeed something that becomes totally obsolete after having completed ones card set - so hopefully with the guild features (bank and stuff) it may get finally another purpose (if it is at least for guild accounts and or pushing newbies)...
    Twisted Marrow the Prophet of Mayhem
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyCRO View Post
    That would ruin the game on 2 ends;
    1) developers - ppl would stop spending Money to buy packs and mats, even competitive gaming wouldn't be as fun any more. The game would soon ran out of supporting Money and the entire thing would fall apart.

2) players - the enjoyment. Rankings, tournaments, some cash when you want to treat yourself...so many great ways to earn crystals. The feeling of buying a new mat or pulling sth sweet form a pack...great. And it isn't half as much of achievement if it can be accomplished by just random farming against AI.

Well, that's just my opinion, but I think most ppl can relate to at least some extent.
    This, although I think most people will also agree that there needs to be another gold sink. It just shouldn't be something that can be obtained with Shadow Crystals, that would decrease the value for those who put in money to purchase SCs.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Warr Byrd View Post
    ...I think most people will also agree that there needs to be another gold sink.

Deck slots, entry fees for a not-yet-conceived in-game tourney interface, options/items for the new campaign mode (like, you'd spend 1,000 gold to be able to start your next campaign game with a War Banner in play, or whatever.)

Or, we could do iPads. 1,000,000 gold for an iPad? Works for me
    -Doctor of Philosophy, A1 Alliance - Evolution in theory
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Santa Bomb ©2011, Lamb Slam & Feedbomb ©2012 - All rights reserved

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

We are all one mind, capable of all imagined, and all conceivable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes yes yes... If they really wanted US to spend more gold they may release more than 1 expansion every 5 years

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'd like to have the option to wager gold in matches including QM. And how about an Auction House for the player-base so I can sell my plentiful cards to all the poor people who need it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Khazm,

I am against all suggestions that may drive Wulvens income low, and lower. It's not my company. If I get something free as a player I would like it for sure, but it's already free to play this game and in order to keep high quality service the company needs more areas of revenue, not less. I don't mean they should be increasing prices, but they should introduce more premium content. Think about it this way, the money somebody else pays for the foils (sleeves, mats etc...) makes the game available for free players. That balance should be kept.
    IGN: A1 Priest Amar

Here I am to carry faith, spread goodness, and serve others. Except when I am stealing your cards from your hand.

Vimeo Video Channel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Please refer to my above-comment. You probably wrote me off, but I wasn't trolling. Can we please be able to wager gold in matches (I can afford to lose a LOT of matches, lol).