Close

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    so you are worried, that you next opponent will select a hero that counters the hero you just picked. i am not sure why you believe this is a problem.

it remains a best of 5 throughout the tournament and you can only use any hero once against an opponent. as the tournament progresses, its going to be harder and harder to possibly tech for your match ups. as for round 2, each has 6 heroes now, round 3, each has 7 heroes... and so on. its not deck locked so you do not know exactly what each hero will have and you dont know which hero you will face each time. so the best thing to do would be to bring decks that are good overall and not teched against possible decks you might face.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In ETCSimpleJack

Do we have an estimate on when we'd like to get round 1 going? I'd love to go ahead and get it in my calendar.
    Last edited by SimpleJack93; 03-05-2015 at 05:24 PM.
    Excellence Through Cohesion

ETC Member

IGN: ETCSimpleJack

"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men"
    - President John F. Kennedy

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    we will start after we hit 64 players, so get people to sign up
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    all my decks together

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn0 View Post
    so you are worried, that you next opponent will select a hero that counters the hero you just picked. i am not sure why you believe this is a problem.

it remains a best of 5 throughout the tournament and you can only use any hero once against an opponent. as the tournament progresses, its going to be harder and harder to possibly tech for your match ups. as for round 2, each has 6 heroes now, round 3, each has 7 heroes... and so on. its not deck locked so you do not know exactly what each hero will have and you dont know which hero you will face each time. so the best thing to do would be to bring decks that are good overall and not teched against possible decks you might face.
    Whoever reports results later still has a slight advantage. He knows which 5-6-7-etc heroes is gonna face, while the player who reported first had to guess between more than that number. We may declare our picks at the same time by creating a fake custom game using new heroes, just before the real best-of-5 starts; we did that during other tournaments as well. It seems more fair to me, unless one of contenders is forced to choose one out of one heroes, in that case it doesn't really matter.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandevmonium View Post
    Whoever reports results later still has a slight advantage. He knows which 5-6-7-etc heroes is gonna face, while the player who reported first had to guess between more than that number. We may declare our picks at the same time by creating a fake custom game using new heroes, just before the real best-of-5 starts; we did that during other tournaments as well. It seems more fair to me, unless one of contenders is forced to choose one out of one heroes, in that case it doesn't really matter.
    So....you're going to tech for 7 different heroes?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandevmonium View Post
    not going to do that, sorry.

schedule and play matches and the winner reports the win ASAP with their new hero choice. ANYONE delaying reporting their match after playing will be DQed and their opponent, who lost, will advance and need to pick a new hero as if they won.

everyone is going to bring the 5 heroes they are the best with. additional heroes add a bit more randomness to it all. mind games ensue. who wins and picks first or second for the next round, neither has a real advantage.

me personally, i see who picks first, has that slight advantage. i would rather pick first and have my next round opponent over think that.
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    all my decks together

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

RULE CLARIFICATION
    schedule and play matches and the winner reports the win ASAP with their new hero choice. ANYONE delaying reporting their match after playing will be DQed and their opponent, who lost, will advance and need to pick a new hero as if they won.

i reserve the right to make changes and clarifications as needed. these will be announced.
    clarification added to OP
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    all my decks together

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

everyone is going to bring the 5 heroes they are the best with. additional heroes add a bit more randomness to it all. mind games ensue. who wins and picks first or second for the next round, neither has a real advantage.

me personally, i see who picks first, has that slight advantage. i would rather pick first and have my next round opponent over think that.
    I think this is going to be fine. With 5 to 7 heroes, you really have a wealth of options in what kind of deck you make. And with no locks, you can tweak the decks as you go. Nobody can look at your hero and assume what your exact deck structure. I can see Victor and infer that he'll be using mostly allies and have Hunter's Gambit as his primary draw engine. But there's still the chance that I'm completely wrong. And even if I have something in my deck to counter it, there's still a very small 20% chance or less that I'll even see Victor when we get into the match. I agree, let people drive themselves crazy looking at a long list of heroes and cluttering their deck with counter cards they might use. The players who go far in this tournament won't be those people.
    Excellence Through Cohesion

ETC Member

IGN: ETCSimpleJack

"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men"
    - President John F. Kennedy

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In 17 Catenzo

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I guess ill jump in...etc jcbow
    ETC

ENJOY THINK CREATE

I'm an ETC newbie so please underestimate me (I like advantages )

“I'm awesome.”-Me